4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Im possibly sad...my workhorse, the old grey mare...the presonus firebox might have taken a nosedive tonight. Im doing internet radio broadcasts, about 7 shows a week. Im on an early 2011 15" Macbook Pro running OSX 10.8.5. I have had zero problems with this unit (have two Firestudio 26x26's and neither of them have been able to offer me the uncluttered and consistent performance that the Firebox has.)

All that said, tonight i was in the middle of recording a show and noticed that my recording waveform on Audition went from the normal vibrancy to a flat bar and the meters were jumping like they were in loop.
I stopped the show and the recording and went to play back and got dead air. The meters were jumping, but nothing was playing like it usually does. I went into Audition's hardware list and it was showing that the firebox was not working. I looked at the firebox face and the blue light was still shining brightly. I then went to Apple system preferences and the firebox wasn't even listed. Wha?
I did a jerry rig to finish the show out and then went to trouble shooting.
The firebox is getting the audio because I can make the mains peak out and the red lights flash. I then checked to see if my firewire cable could see a firewire external harddrive I have and sure enough it was reading the drive nicely.
So I hooked everything back up and restarted. I then went to the presonus site and got the firebox software (yes I know, the mac doesn't need it, but just for the sake being thorough...) loaded it up and started the firebox control. It hunted and then a box came up saying no device.
Thats where I sit now.
Anyone ever see this? I noticed in another post that Firebox isnt supported after OSX 10.7. Did that just finally catch up with me?

Any help would be appriciated

pkbrooks

Keith "Llave" Brooks
Olive Branch International Communications
Olive Branch Ministries
http://www.olivebranchonline.org

15" Macbook Pro - Early 2011 - Mac OS X 10.8.5
Processor - 2.2 GHz Intel Core I7 | Memory - 16 GB RAM 1333 DDR3 | Graphics - AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB

Personus StudioLive 16.4.2 AI | StudioLive 16.4.2
Capture 2.0 | Studio One 2 | Adobe Audition

Retired:
Yamaha O1v (the original, not the 96), 24 Channel Digital Console - For Sale
Presonus Firestudio Project (2) - For Sale
by cristofe on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:33 am
If the firebox is not being recognized at all it may be that it's firewire port has gone bad.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by pkbrooks on Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:18 pm
That sir, was the single simplest answer to the problem!!!

Two firewire jacks on the back of the box and one went south. The second has that old grey mare up galloping again. Thanks so much!!!

Keith "Llave" Brooks
Olive Branch International Communications
Olive Branch Ministries
http://www.olivebranchonline.org

15" Macbook Pro - Early 2011 - Mac OS X 10.8.5
Processor - 2.2 GHz Intel Core I7 | Memory - 16 GB RAM 1333 DDR3 | Graphics - AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB

Personus StudioLive 16.4.2 AI | StudioLive 16.4.2
Capture 2.0 | Studio One 2 | Adobe Audition

Retired:
Yamaha O1v (the original, not the 96), 24 Channel Digital Console - For Sale
Presonus Firestudio Project (2) - For Sale
by cristofe on Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:55 pm
Super! Glad to hear your up and running again!! :mrgreen:

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!! :)

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1