14 posts
Page 1 of 1
I just dusted off my old Wacom Bamboo Tablet and found it works great in Windows 10.

Do people use tablets with Studio One? What do you use it for, just automation curves?

In the meantime I shall keep taking my tablet/s...

Cheers..

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by Jemusic on Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:16 pm
Have you thought of installing the Windows version of Studio One Remote. I have an iPad for this and it is just excellent as a remote for Studio One. You can wander around and do many functions with it. They have updated it too recently.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by PreAl on Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:04 pm
Jemusic wroteHave you thought of installing the Windows version of Studio One Remote. I have an iPad for this and it is just excellent as a remote for Studio One. You can wander around and do many functions with it. They have updated it too recently.

Of course I'm running that.
But Walcoms aren't that sort of tablet..
Perhaps I should have said "pen tablet".

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000W05LRU/ ... HCbRHAQV2W

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by PreAl on Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:47 am
I guess not huh?

Just to reask the question - do you use your pen tablets for anything other than envelopes?
Just thinking about ideas and inspiration on what to use them for.

by bartbalint on Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:13 pm
I do have a Wacom Intuos Pro that I mostly use for Corel Painter. I do find using finger gestures an easy way to zoom in and out, especially vertically. Your thread will prod me into finding an easier way to zoom in and out horizontally with just the Intuos, I haven't looked much for other tutorials that describe further uses.

Let me know if you come up with any combination of gestures or button mapping that makes your workflow easier!

Studio One v6.5, Win11 latest build, Quantum2, Huion Tablet, ATOM, GR55, HPD-20, iRigKeys, Mackie Big Knob, Elgato StreamDeck+, 8-)
by PreAl on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:57 am
bartbalint wroteI do have a Wacom Intuos Pro that I mostly use for Corel Painter. I do find using finger gestures an easy way to zoom in and out, especially vertically. Your thread will prod me into finding an easier way to zoom in and out horizontally with just the Intuos, I haven't looked much for other tutorials that describe further uses.

Let me know if you come up with any combination of gestures or button mapping that makes your workflow easier!

Mine is just an old pen tablet, no finger gestures, it's just the pen, the whole pen and nothing but the pen!

Thanks..

by wallygontowski on Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:17 am
bartbalint wroteI do have a Wacom Intuos Pro that I mostly use for Corel Painter. ....

I was thinking of getting a Wacom Intuos Pro mainly for Photoshop and possibiy for Studio One. I do think it would be helpful for automation curves since I use them a lot.

I've read a lot of reviews about Wacom and although they're a major provider of Pen/Tablets the reviews for customer support is less than stellar. (Support sucks!)

Also the reviews for the Intuos Pro talk about the rough surface of the pad (like 80 grit sandpaper) does an excellent job of sanding down the pen's nibs.

What your experience?

Walt

Roland Jupiter 80, Roland D50, Roland Integra 7, Roland BK-7m, Yamaha Montage 6, ARP Odyssey, Excelsior Continental Artist, Roland FR-8X, 1967 Fender Jaguar, Fender Strat, Fender 1965 Twin Reverb reissue, Selmer Trumpet, Akai EWI, Studio One 4 Pro, Melodyne Studio 4, Behringer X-Touch, RME Fireface UCX, MOTU MIDI Express XT - ADK Pro Audio Hex Xtreme 6 Core i7 4.5GHz, 64GB, 480GB SS, 2 X 4TB Internal Hard Drives, 3 X 4TB External BU Drives, Win 10, 2 X 27" & 1X 46" Monitors, Custom built desk with integral Rack mount.

My WEB site: http://www.gontowski.com/music
by PreAl on Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:17 pm
Tablet is good and just glides. If anything too smooth but then it's pretty old.

Edit - ah never mind you weren't talking to me.

by doncolga on Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:26 pm
Jemusic wroteHave you thought of installing the Windows version of Studio One Remote. I have an iPad for this and it is just excellent as a remote for Studio One. You can wander around and do many functions with it. They have updated it too recently.

It's very cool indeed. I will have to check out the update. I use it at home and at church for tracking.

Donny

HP Z220 I7, 16 GB RAM
RME Multiface II PCIe Interface
Windows 10 64 Bit
Studio One Pro V5.1.1.61815
by jggiano on Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:33 pm
Thanks for the reminder! I'm going to dust my Wacom tablet off and see how it can help my work flow.

P.S. Good to see you're still with us, PreAl.

Jim G

Windows 10
StudioOne 4 Pro
Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL
Korg Krome 61
Ensoniq MR61
Korg MicroStation
Akai MPK mini
by bartbalint on Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:16 pm
wallygontowski wrote
bartbalint wroteI do have a Wacom Intuos Pro that I mostly use for Corel Painter. ....

I was thinking of getting a Wacom Intuos Pro mainly for Photoshop and possibiy for Studio One. I do think it would be helpful for automation curves since I use them a lot.

I've read a lot of reviews about Wacom and although they're a major provider of Pen/Tablets the reviews for customer support is less than stellar. (Support sucks!)

Also the reviews for the Intuos Pro talk about the rough surface of the pad (like 80 grit sandpaper) does an excellent job of sanding down the pen's nibs.

What your experience?

Walt

Actually for me customer support was good. I had my Intuos pro about 18 months and the buttons started acting up. Then the buttons stopped working while the writing surface was fine. Customer service responded quickly and over several interactions we ruled out a driver and computer software issue. Once I found my receipt to show the pad was still within the warranty time, I sent it to Wacom and had a replacement pad in 4 days. Now back to working very nicely.

Turned out that I had lost my original receipt, but since I had bought it at Best Buy, the agent at Best Buy could find it and sent me a copy. Yes!!

So I was happy all the way around with Wacom customer service and Best Buy. It did cost me $20 for return shipping to send the defective unit back, but that was ok.

Studio One v6.5, Win11 latest build, Quantum2, Huion Tablet, ATOM, GR55, HPD-20, iRigKeys, Mackie Big Knob, Elgato StreamDeck+, 8-)
by wallygontowski on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:45 pm
bartbalint wrote
wallygontowski wrote

What your experience?

Walt

Actually for me customer support was good. I had my Intuos pro about 18 months and the buttons started acting up. Then the buttons stopped working while the writing surface was fine. Customer service responded quickly and over several interactions we ruled out a driver and computer software issue. Once I found my receipt to show the pad was still within the warranty time, I sent it to Wacom and had a replacement pad in 4 days. Now back to working very nicely.

Turned out that I had lost my original receipt, but since I had bought it at Best Buy, the agent at Best Buy could find it and sent me a copy. Yes!!

So I was happy all the way around with Wacom customer service and Best Buy. It did cost me $20 for return shipping to send the defective unit back, but that was ok.

Appreciate the input. If this was recent then it is different from what I'm reading about the company. From what I read, at one time they had good support, but then it turned sour.

Thanks,

Walt

Roland Jupiter 80, Roland D50, Roland Integra 7, Roland BK-7m, Yamaha Montage 6, ARP Odyssey, Excelsior Continental Artist, Roland FR-8X, 1967 Fender Jaguar, Fender Strat, Fender 1965 Twin Reverb reissue, Selmer Trumpet, Akai EWI, Studio One 4 Pro, Melodyne Studio 4, Behringer X-Touch, RME Fireface UCX, MOTU MIDI Express XT - ADK Pro Audio Hex Xtreme 6 Core i7 4.5GHz, 64GB, 480GB SS, 2 X 4TB Internal Hard Drives, 3 X 4TB External BU Drives, Win 10, 2 X 27" & 1X 46" Monitors, Custom built desk with integral Rack mount.

My WEB site: http://www.gontowski.com/music
by bartbalint on Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:38 am
wallygontowski wrote
Appreciate the input. If this was recent then it is different from what I'm reading about the company. From what I read, at one time they had good support, but then it turned sour.

Thanks,

Walt

Recent, yes. I should have mentioned that it was in Nov 2018.

by klypeman on Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:00 am
Thanks @PreAI !!
Great topic and something to consider for writing curves if possible !!

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++

14 posts
Page 1 of 1