15 posts
Page 1 of 1
Does Series 3 have any kind of modulation effects e.g Chorus / Flange / Phase. Or any pitch shift?

Thanks

Steve Griffiths
by SwitchBack on Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:43 am
Said to be a possible future update. There's spare processing power for adding features like that.
by wahlerstudios on Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:33 am
This page says: "FX Buses and Processors: 4 (any combination of reverb, delay, chorus, flange)".
http://www.presonus.com/products/StudioLive-32/compare-models
by Steve Griffiths on Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:46 pm
wahlerstudios wroteThis page says: "FX Buses and Processors: 4 (any combination of reverb, delay, chorus, flange)".
http://www.presonus.com/products/StudioLive-32/compare-models

Good find - thanks for spotting that - I am back to being interested. I must admit I am surprised that Presonus didn't shout that out a bit louder - they took a fair bit of heat for not including Mod effects in earlier versions

Cheers

Grif
by wahlerstudios on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:17 am
The "compare models" page now says "4 (any combination of reverb, delay)". Chorus and Flanger are not on the list any longer.
by christopherbasile on Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:37 pm
Any update on adding Modulation FX?

Chris
Studio Live RM32Ai
Studio Live Series 32R
StudioOne 4 Pro
Audiobox USB
Macbook Pro 13 for touring
iPad Pro
Dell Windows 10 24" Touchscreen for UC Surface (larger events)
Windows 10 PC in the studio
by wahlerstudios on Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:53 am
Obviously not. You need to use Studio One for additional effects.
by PAE Seth on Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:20 am
Eventually.

PC #1: Asus Prime Z690-P, i5-12600k 10-core (6+4), 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz, RTX 3060 12GB, ADATA XPG 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Black HDD

PC #2: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i7-7820X 8c/16t, 16GB 2666 MHz DDR4, GTX 1060 3GB, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (Win10 Pro), Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD (Win11 Pro), OWC Aura 512GB NVMe M.2, 2 x 1TB HDD

Mac: 2010 Mac Pro 6 core 3.33 GHz, 32GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD RX 5500 XT 8GB, Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card, Aquantia 10Gbps AVB card, Dual eSATA PCIe + Stardom 8xHDD Raid Tower
by wahlerstudios on Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:54 pm
Now that we can use a computer at FOH again (this was not possible with a CS18AI and a RM/RML rack mixer), Studio One and DAW mode can bring some fun back to mixing live. Studio One's Chorus/Doubler and Flanger are just great sounding and easy to handle plugins.

It is not difficult to route the four StudioLive FX sends (the 16R has only two FX sends) to StudioOne and create your own effect chain. Studio One sends the processed signals to the mixers via the Digital Return bus (Tape In). And if you press the DAW button, you have direct access to the effects. You don't need a mouse, it's all available on your console.

I have to say that I like the Studio One reverbs and delays better than the effects in the mixers. They sound much clearer, they are more distinguishable, they are easier to handle and they offer more varieties. But I would not be against Chorus and Flanger "on board", because I can't always have a computer with me.

Here is a "how to" for the Studio One integration: viewtopic.php?p=196956#p196956
by christopherbasile on Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:54 pm
It would be nice if Presonus just created a few more plugins for the Series III & 32R mixers.
I cant be bothered with using Studio one for live events. Most of the FOH work I do is from the IPad. I use the 32R. To have Studio One running up on stage just doesn’t work for me. I guess I will investigate adding some outboard gear or just live with the delays and reverbs.

Chris
Studio Live RM32Ai
Studio Live Series 32R
StudioOne 4 Pro
Audiobox USB
iPad Pro
by christopherbasile on Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:42 pm
Ok, after a few days trying to find setup information on Youtube and the internet I am unable to find any solid methods for setting up the 32R with Studio One for additional FX for live performances.

Has anyone successfully used the 32R and Studio One Live?

Thank is advance for any help or advice.

Chris
Studio Live RM32Ai
Studio Live Series 32R
StudioOne 4 Pro
Audiobox USB
iPad Pro
by wahlerstudios on Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:58 am
It's not really difficult to involve Studio One. By default, all input channels of your mixer are routed 1:1 to Studio One and back, which means that you can use any effect or plugin as INSERT in the channel flow. In Studio One just load the template for your mixer. Mixer and computer need to be conected via USB and Studio One has to load your mixer as interface. It makes sense to load a Zero Out scene on your mixer, because it sets all routing to default.

The other approach is to use SENDS and BUSES in Studio One and/or your mixer, which are sent back to the mixer via "Tape In" (Digital Return). You can find more information about this in the above mentioned thread "Using Studio One Plugins Live with my Studiolive 24R". Here is the link: viewtopic.php?p=194909#p194909.

You can use the sends in Studio One or the four FX sends of your mixer and/or as many aux sends/flex mixes as you want. DAW mode is not a feature of the Series III rack mixers, so you don't need to deal with this subject.

Hope this helps.
by wzemzyat on Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:24 pm
To be blunt, I bought a 16R because the Behringer XR stuff is back ordered til probably March.

I do like the single space form factor. The audio quality is of course better but that really doesn't matter on the smaller PAs that these would be used live for.

But the FX are very much inferior to the XR stuff. Adding these FX would go a long way to addressing that shortcoming.

1. A combo delay / plate verb with touch tempo (due to the limited slots).
2. A gated verb (a must for modern drum production.)

I'd even buy em for $25.

Here is the XR list

Hall, Ambience, Rich Plate, Room, Chamber Reverb
Plate Reverb
Vintage Reverb
Vintage Room
Gated Reverb
Reverse Reverb
Stereo Delay
3-Tap Delay
Rhythm Delay
Stereo Chorus
Stereo Flanger
Stereo Phaser
Dimensional Chorus
Mood Filter
Rotary Speaker
Stereo Tremolo
Sub Octaver
Delay + Chamber
Chorus + Chamber
Flanger + Chamber
Delay + Chorus
Delay + Flanger
Modulation Delay
Graphic and Tru EQ
DeEsser
Xtec EQ1
Xtec EQ5
Wave Designer
Precision Limiter
Combinator
Fair Compressor
Leisure Compressor
Ultimo Compressor
Enhancer
Exciter
Stereo Imager
Edison EX1
Sound Maxer
Guitar Amp
Tube Stage
Stereo / Dual Pitch

Presonus, do yo feel shame?

Peter
by PAE Seth on Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:20 am
wzemzyat wroteTo be blunt, I bought a 16R because the Behringer XR stuff is back ordered til probably March.

Peter

Nope. No shame. If you want make a point, try being less of a troll.

The FX are what they are.

PC #1: Asus Prime Z690-P, i5-12600k 10-core (6+4), 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz, RTX 3060 12GB, ADATA XPG 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Black HDD

PC #2: ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II, i7-7820X 8c/16t, 16GB 2666 MHz DDR4, GTX 1060 3GB, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD (Win10 Pro), Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD (Win11 Pro), OWC Aura 512GB NVMe M.2, 2 x 1TB HDD

Mac: 2010 Mac Pro 6 core 3.33 GHz, 32GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD RX 5500 XT 8GB, Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 Card, Aquantia 10Gbps AVB card, Dual eSATA PCIe + Stardom 8xHDD Raid Tower
by golishevsky on Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:06 am
PAE Seth wrote
wzemzyat wroteTo be blunt, I bought a 16R because the Behringer XR stuff is back ordered til probably March.

Peter

Nope. No shame. If you want make a point, try being less of a troll.

The FX are what they are.

He is partially right. As sad as it is, a promising platform got stuck in development a few years ago. Over the past few years, nothing new has appeared, although the platform allows you to do a lot. Spatial processing is very bad, you have to use external modules. The controller's PC interface is extremely inconvenient in large set ups. I have accumulated a lot of "Wishlist", which I can only dream of. Given that this is my main mobile work machine, I have to put up with what I have. The rest of what I have is not mobile. The hardware part is implemented very conveniently and well. But the software - not so much. Presonus often releases new devices that are not particularly in demand in pro audio, while forgetting working products.

Studiolive 24R / Mac Book Pro 15 2014 / Mac Book Pro 16 2021 M1pro / PC 2X XEON2680V3 X99-F8D 128gb DDR4 ECC REG

15 posts
Page 1 of 1