Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
14 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I am willing to buy the PreSonus Music Notation app and I need to know what stylus pen (not sure how it's called) is compatible for using with PreSonus Music Notation app in an iPad Air (5th Generation, model A1474).
Any help or recommendation would be appreciated.
Thank you
by behrouzrezazadeh on Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:52 pm
Anybody?
by behrouzrezazadeh on Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:24 pm
Hi,
Please Moderators, I need this information as soon as possible because, I want to buy a stylus pen that is compatible for using with PreSonus Music Notation app.
If there is no answer to my question unfortunately I will look for another App.
Best regard.
by mikerosen on Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:44 am
I don’t think the Apple pencil works on that model. You could try another stylus. They are all pretty inexpensive, but the mushy tip may prevent accuracy. So, you may be fine with tapping notes into Notion, but I suspect the handwriting module won’t work very well.

Mike Rosen
Seattle, WA

IPad Pro with Apple pencil, always the latest iOS
Just a dabbler with Notion. Much more familiar with Finale!
by annashetty on Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:48 am
I think I need to learn more, thank you for sharing
run 3
by tomsemple on Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:27 pm
The most recent iPad Air is 3rd generation, there is no 5th generation. The model number you cite is for the 1st generation iPad Air. It does not support Apple Pencil or Logitech Crayon, which will work with the current iPad Air. Any capacitative stylus should work, but will probably not have adequate precision for handwriting feature, though you might find it more comfortable than using your fingertip. I would recommend one that has ‘active’ capacitance powered by internal rechargeable battery, the tip will be narrower and won’t obstruct so much.

There are Bluetooth styluses that can confer precision and pressure sensitivity (Adonit, Wacom) but the app has to integrate with vendor’s SDK. Notion for iPad does not have this feature.
by frank.crow on Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:10 am
Try the adonit series. Once you get used to that ugly disk they are pretty precise. I loved them on that model iPad.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by internetguru on Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:41 am
Hey, I am currently looking for a new stylus pen too... I will look at the recommendation you gave :)
by tedjokovich on Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:25 am
tomsemple wroteThe most recent iPad Air is 3rd generation, there is no 5th generation. The model number you cite is for the 1st generation iPad Air. It does not support Apple Pencil or Logitech Crayon, which will work with the current iPad Air. Any capacitative stylus should work, but will probably not have adequate precision for handwriting feature, though you might find it more comfortable than using your fingertip. I would recommend one that has ‘active’ capacitance powered by internal rechargeable battery, the tip will be narrower and won’t obstruct so much.

There are Bluetooth styluses that can confer precision and pressure sensitivity (Adonit, Wacom) but the app has to integrate with vendor’s SDK. Notion for iPad does not have this feature.

Thank you,
I have been looking for this information for a long time. I have a iPad Air 4th generation. I was planning to buy a stylus, but now I doubt the correctness of its work.
by tedjokovich on Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:24 am
I have been looking for this information for a long time, I was very surprised when I found it here.

by gracenichols on Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:51 am
I hope the information provided helped, Have you reached a solution?

basketballlegends
by harrycallum on Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:24 am
Before I had an iPad Pro w/ Pencil, I’d use an Adonit Jot Pro (with the little disc). The Apple Pencil won’t work with your model iPad. The best note taking app I’ve used is Notability, and I’ve tried them all. MS OneNote would be my #2. Both have palm recognition; I find Notability to be superior.

harrycallum

Download this GBWhatsApp

gbwhatsapp apk
by terryfeliciano on Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:54 pm
tomsemple wroteThe most recent iPad Air is 3rd generation, there is no 5th generation. The model number you cite is for the 1st generation iPad Air. It does not support Apple Pencil or Logitech Crayon, which will work with the current iPad Air. Any capacitative stylus should work, but will probably not have adequate precision for handwriting feature, though you might find it more comfortable than using your fingertip. I would recommend one that has ‘active’ capacitance powered by internal rechargeable battery, the tip will be narrower and won’t obstruct so much.

Thank you!
by martinluther2 on Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:40 pm
I have tried the same technique as mentioned above, but I lost my audio but after all every technique has pros and cons.

14 posts
Page 1 of 1