13 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi

I often work on a whole CD. I there a way to load all the songs in one go (well sequentially) so that don't have to click each one individually?

Not a show stopper at all, just be great to have all that going on in the background while the kettle boils :-)

TIA

lb

Running S1 4.13 on a windows OS with 64 Gb RAM
by Bbd on Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:05 am
That is not an option as of today.
You can post a feature request for it if you want.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by edramsey on Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:27 am
Hi.

As you are on a windows platform, have you considered something like AutoHotkey to develop simple macros for opening multiple S14 files? Keyboard Maestro on the Mac would handle this pretty well. (something I will consider myself for future projects :-).

An alternative (less automated) is to create a project of your songs, and then go to each song from the project.

Good luck.

Blessings.

-Ed

Studio One 4.5.4 Professional / Notion 6 x64 / Logic X / iZotope Neutron, Ozone, RX / Macbook Pro (early 2015) 2.9 GHz Core i5 8G Mojave / Glyph & G-Drive 8TB External USB3 / PreSonus Studio 18|10 USB / iConnectMIDI4+ / Presonus FaderPort 2 / Casio Privia PX-560 / Presonus ATOM / TC-Helicon VoiceLIve 3X
by briandeeley on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:00 pm
Thanks for the assistance chaps.

Ed - macros sounds interesting. I'll have a look at that.

Thanks

lb
by Tacman7 on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:26 am
Open Windows Explorer, select the files, hit Enter.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by briandeeley on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:10 am
Hi. Not quite that easy as all the songs are in each ones folder. Might look at creating shortcuts for each and grouping those in an "album" folder.

I'll play when i get home. Shame the project page doesn't have a preload option.

Thanks
by Lokeyfly on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:14 am
You could create a Project. Then possibly highlight all songs to edit. I do that a song at a time with several songs open within the project page. I guess, you could highlight all songs to open at once. Not sure of the advantage though as you'd be depleting a lot of resources just to have them open at once.
Although if you're working on the same songs, that would likely do it for you.

The beauty of the project page is also that you can play any song within your project, anywhere, with just a click and they wouldn't have to be opened either. Great for comparing and auditioning in a snap.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by briandeeley on Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:05 pm
Tacman7 wroteOpen Windows Explorer, select the files, hit Enter.

Sadly for me and my folder full of shortcuts this does not work.

:-(
by mikemanthei on Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:47 pm
briandeeley wroteHi

I often work on a whole CD. I there a way to load all the songs in one go (well sequentially) so that don't have to click each one individually?

Have you thought about leaving all of the songs together in the same song? There are some nice workflow advancements that come along with this also.

For instance, when it comes time to mix, as soon as you get the EQ and levels the way you want them for the basic tracks like drums, bass, guitar, keyboards, they will stay pretty close to the same for all the songs.

BTW, you won't have time to put a kettle on. It only takes a few seconds to load and entire albums worth of songs

Studio One v2, 3, and 4 Professional
Presonus 1818VSL / Focusrite 18i20 / StudioLive 32S
24-core Ryzen 9. 32 GB RAM
Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by briandeeley on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:17 am
mikemanthei wrote
briandeeley wroteHi

Have you thought about leaving all of the songs together in the same song? There are some nice workflow advancements that come along with this also.

For instance, when it comes time to mix, as soon as you get the EQ and levels the way you want them for the basic tracks like drums, bass, guitar, keyboards, they will stay pretty close to the same for all the songs.

BTW, you won't have time to put a kettle on. It only takes a few seconds to load and entire albums worth of songs

HI

Ye. tried that but all songs are nowhere near the same instrumentation. The arranger page got messy and unworkable.

Thanks for the suggestion.
by Lawrence on Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:09 am
This is a really good FR actually, imo, mmv, a "Song Collection" feature, for the Song screen.

- A function like... "Add Song to Collection" … to add a song to a collection and choose which collection to add it to and/or create and name a new song collection, "Joe's Album".

- "Open Collection", a function that would automatically open all of the songs in a collection with one click, like the OP wanted.

- A dialog where you can add, remove, reorder or even render songs in a collection.

- "Collection to Project": For S1 Pro, throw the entire thing, all songs in a collection, into a new mastering project, or "Open Collection" from the Project screen.

I'd vote for that.
by mikemanthei on Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:24 am
I think that idea is a step in the right direction, Lawrence. But maybe this could be tweaked just a bit to help out those of us who work with multiple clients too.

The Songs folder is set up to function a certain way... and it's only designed to work one level deep...by song name only. So there's no clean way to organize a group of songs by client name. If I try to add a level for client (or even CD project) it just falls apart.

So that kind of "collection" type of an organization layer would help... as long as it's an open enough design so we can use it for whatever organizational structure we're trying to use.
Last edited by mikemanthei on Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S
by mikemanthei on Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:27 am
briandeeley wrote
... tried that but all songs are nowhere near the same instrumentation. The arranger page got messy and unworkable.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Understood.. Yeah, that idea only works well if you have a live band come in and track the whole thing without changing much. Even too many overdubs and it starts to get a bit convoluted.

Tascam US-2400
Faderport 8
StudioLive 32S

13 posts
Page 1 of 1