AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
This is maddening. I'm trying to do some recording, but for some reason, the mics are going to the main outs and to Studio One, so even if I turn of input monitoring in S1, I can hear the live microphones and get feedback. I've looked through the manual and also just found the mixer in Universal Control, but I can't figure out how to stop this.

I just upgrading to this today. I was using an AudioBox iTwo previously and it had a mix button on the front. I could stop this simply by turning the mix all the way to one side. There is no mix knob or feature on the 1810, so it must be some routing somewhere.

Any ideas?

Studio One 6, Presonus Studio 1810 USB, Windows 11 64 bit.
by Neiby on Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:07 pm
Okay, this is weird. I closed S1 and reopened it and now it's acting like I would have expected. This is weird. I saw a similar post on the S1 subforum where someone had the exact same problem when trying to record a guitar. Is this a bug?

by Neiby on Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:31 pm
And now, for no apparent reason, my speakers are in mono. What the heck...

by Neiby on Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:45 pm
I'm floating this to the top again because all these years later, I still haven't figured this out and it's really bugging me. At the moment, I'm recording an electric guitar going through a preamp and then into an input on the Studio 1810 interface. The audio from the guitar is going to Studio One *and* to the main outs directly, so I always hear the clean, plain guitar as well as the amp emulation in S1.

I feel like this should be a really simple thing and I can't believe I haven't figured it out. But I just did a Google search and this post of my own from 2019 was one of the first results I found :)

So, how do I do this very simple thing?

EDIT: I found one way to do this, but I'm not sure it's the right way. I soloed the DAW1 return in the Universal Control mixer, so I wouldn't hear the guitar but it was still being sent to the DAW. That works, but I feel like I'm missing something basic and obvious about routing inside the 1810.

by themaartian on Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:53 pm
Is the Loopback option (bottom option on the left) in Universal Control set to Mix 1/2 or Virtual instead of Off?

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/5661104327181-Studio-Series-Overview-of-Loopback-recording-on-Windows-in-Studio-One-

phpBB [video]

Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, 7 TB SSD Win 11 Pro PreSonus Studio 1810c
Studio One 6 Pro MuseScoreMelodyne 5 Studio Acoustica Pro 7 Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 4 NI S61 MK3 Focal Shape 65 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro, DT 770 Pro
by Neiby on Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:03 pm
themaartian wroteIs the Loopback option (bottom option on the left) in Universal Control set to Mix 1/2 or Virtual instead of Off?

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/5661104327181-Studio-Series-Overview-of-Loopback-recording-on-Windows-in-Studio-One-

phpBB [video]

It is currently set to OFF.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1