22 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Information on how to use the Presonus Atom controller with EZ Drummer 2 and Superior Drummer 2-in Studio 1 Professional 4 ….Any links or information on how to do this would be much appreciated..Just received the Atom controller and I'd like to use it to as full of a potential as I can with the software I already have--and the software that came with the Atom... Thanks...
by gottfriedbergmair on Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:18 am
See the Johnny Geib video series "PreSonus Atom Masterclass".

Link to Masterclass video: Pad modes and how to use ATOM with different instruments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ1Pg6QbqD0

Gottfried

Win 10 64 i7-7K 32GB 2x M2, Studio One 6 Pro + Fat Channel XT Suite + Studio 192 + Eris E8 + FP2018 + ATOM+ATOM SQ; Keylab mk2 49, Lewitt 441 Flex, Zoom H5, Mackie 402-VLZ4; SW: Arturia V + FX, Melodyne 5 STUDIO, u-he Synths, TAL, Klanghelm, RX Std 10
by ennbr on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:21 am
At the top of your instrument is a small arrow facing to right DIRECT INPUT if you click it will show ATOM in the list

Attachments
ATOM Inst Config.jpg

Bruce

Computers:
Mini PC Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 boot, 4TB data Win 11
Laptop ASUS Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 4TB SSD data Win 11
Software: Studio One Pro 6, Notion 6.8, Melodyne Studio 5
Audio Interfaces: Moto 1248, M4
External Storage: Samples 3x 2TB SSD's, Projects 4TB SSD
by reggie1979beatz on Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:55 pm
One thing to keep in mind about Atom currently is that there is no full 16 drum control native using vst's with Studio One. You have to use the midi keyboard setting which means much scrolling to get to the drum sounds you want. This is not the case with impulse for example.

This drove me nuts when I first started using Studio One and Atom. I don't believe they fixed this in the latest firmware (the green pads in setup only show when using another host)

Bye......:roll:
by fedexnman on Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:18 pm
I have NOT found Atom very useful for EZdrummer , which is a bummer . . I have an old M-audio trigger finger which I can change the 16 notes on the pads to map to EZdrummer . I like mine layed out like so ...
Crash Crash Ride Bell
Hihat hihat hihat hihat
Tom Tom Tom snarerim
Kick sidestick snare snare
( different variations of Tom sizes , snare hits, and hihats hits )I hate that I can't or haven't figured out to map the pads to EZd . The pads feel allot better than the old M-audio trigger finger , so I'm kinda disappointed , but if you are gonna use ImpactXT this is an excellent controller probably the best. I don't regret my purchase , but I really wish this would've replaced my old M-audio trigger finger.... which it hasn't .
by reggie1979beatz on Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:29 pm
If we simply had the pad mode in native, that would help a ton.

I mean, I get it. 12 notes plus the octave with an up/down for convenience, but it doesn't default to the correct octave for drums which is the number-one use. (forgive me, I do not know my "C"'s but it's two down from where you'd think you need to be)

Maybe it's got to do with Impact and how tightly they integrated it with Atom.

Bye......:roll:
by fedexnman on Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:48 pm
If you press the "Bank" button and then press the bottom left drum pad you'll be in C1 which is your kick drum at the bottom left drum pad . Still hate that you can't customize the notes on the pads . .
by craigallen2 on Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:58 pm
fedexnman wrote "you can't customize the notes on the pads . .

Seriously!?!?
What is Presonus thinking?

Alert the media when they make this compatible for 3rd party usage. And I'm a buyer.
by themaartian on Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:32 pm
ennbr wroteAt the top of your instrument is a small arrow facing to right DIRECT INPUT if you click it will show ATOM in the list

Love the kit you picked. Those Pearl drums sound fantastic!

Intel i9, 32 GB RAM, 7 TB SSD Win 11 Pro PreSonus Studio 1810c
Studio One 6 Pro MuseScoreMelodyne 5 Studio Acoustica Pro 7 Guitar Pro 8
Gig Performer 4 NI S61 MK3 Focal Shape 65 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro, DT 770 Pro
by markboland on Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:46 pm
"you can't customize the notes on the pads

You can assign different drums to different pads using "learn"
by torbjrnbergman on Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:08 am
markboland wrote"you can't customize the notes on the pads

You can assign different drums to different pads using "learn"

Now I am confused !

I'd like to use Atom as a controller for Superior Drummer 3 !

Can I assign any sound in SD3 to any pad in Atom or not ????
by torbjrnbergman on Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:55 pm
Anyone tried this ?

https://www.codefn42.com/notemapper/index.html

On paper it sounds lika a solution !
by torbjrnbergman on Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:01 pm
I still haven't got my Atom but I tried the learn function in Superior Drummer 3 with my old DX7 and it works beautifully !

Just choose what drum sound you want in SD3 (Settings >MIDI I/nE-Drums page) then click learn in SD3 and then hit the pad you want to trigger that sound and that's it !

Do this for all 16 pads and save it as a preset in SD3 !
by ukaszmatynia on Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:58 am
torbjrnbergman wroteI still haven't got my Atom but I tried the learn function in Superior Drummer 3 with my old DX7 and it works beautifully !

Just choose what drum sound you want in SD3 (Settings >MIDI I/nE-Drums page) then click learn in SD3 and then hit the pad you want to trigger that sound and that's it !

Do this for all 16 pads and save it as a preset in SD3 !

That's great... For people who use SD. I don't, and I hate the lack of basic functionality in a device with such potential. I would understand if Presonus offered a more expend in alternative with this option, but they don't... That is very, very weird on a modern device.
by Jonnytheshirt on Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:36 am
Yeah disappointing that thought it was plain sailing there with the Atom at first. As it turns out it’s an Impact Influencer.

Apollo Twin Quad MKII | Octo | Studio One Pro 4 | FaderPort 8 Atom | Mac Mini MacBook Air | Komplete S49/A25 | Sphere L22
by mattelliott339 on Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:52 am
Yep changing the mapping in SD3 is easy using the atom. Just go over to midi mapping in settings within the SD plugin, and use the learn function.

I’ve not had time, but I’m pretty sure that you can set multiple hits/notes to a pad based on the velocity too (ride = tip bow until 125 then it becomes a crash). I did that with my old skit a couple of years ago.
by mat_v on Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:28 am
You can customize SD3 with a user midi map to have a full drum set on the atom, I did this. But my problem is that I cannot drag grooves from the SD3 library in studio one any more, right? Because the library grooves use the "old" midi notes mapping. Is there a way I can change that? Because I can't change the midi output notes of the atom, right?

That is my usual workflow: I use to mix grooves from the SD3 library with some beats I play with a pad controller an record it in Studio one 4. I drag and drop the grooves from SD3 into Studio one to edit them there and to arrange stuff there.

I did not find a solution to achieve this workflow with Atom. Any help?

Is there a way in SD3 to change the library grooves to my user midi mapping?
by gregschumacher on Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:32 pm
So glad I found this thread. Solved my problems with ATOM and Addictive Drums.
The trick was that little arrow at the top, and then assigning ATOM in channel 1. After that I could hear the pads. Just had to then assign the kit I wanted to midi notes C1 thru D#2 and save the kit.
I guess its a keyboard setting - midi notes 36-51 correspond. I don't care, just so it all works.
Back to making music. This took me hours to figure out. lol.
Also thanks to Johnny who told me to put XLN on GM - general midi.
So damn simple once you do it. Sheesh.
by andreasvenzke on Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:33 am
Hello!

I made myself a chorder preset to use my atom with XLN addictive drums. So I have the sounds on the pads I like best for finger drumming. It‘s really easy to do. Now everytime I use addictive drums I load my preset in chorder and that‘s it.
Chorder is Not only capable of building chords. You can just patch single notes. You don‘t have to change presets in your VSTi or do any midi learn.

Andreas

Windows 10 64 Bit, Intel i7 4790K, 32 GB RAM, Gigabyte Z97X Mainboard, 250 GB SSD, 2x 500 GB u. 1x 1,5 TB SATA
Focusrite 18i20 2. Gen., Faderport 8, Softube Console 1, Alesis QS7, Avid Elevenrack, Roland HPD-15, Roland BK7m "Tischhupe"
Ibanez SA 760FFM, Yamaha TRBX504
by kevladd on Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:55 am
Last edited by kevladd on Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

22 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2