AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
So I'm sitting here with my audiobox plugged in. Nothing plugged into it, all levels at zero, and there's a high pitch noise coming through my monitors. Any ideas? Also, and I don't think this is related to the audiobox, but I have a lot of pops and clicks in my mixdowns. Don't hear them during playback in the program, only after mixdown.
by markpaxman on Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:30 pm
For anyone following this, I had my computer plugged into a power bar. I plugged it into the wall and the noise is almost completely gone! Guess the audiobox wasn't getting enough juice.
by markpaxman on Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:52 pm
Nope, I was wrong. Still having the same problem.
by nicolasfalcon on Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:44 pm
I am having the same problem. Please, could someone experienced help us out? I've searched the web up and down looking for an answer. Even here at Presonus, youtube. etc I even bought a powered hub and I am still having noise problems with my dynamic mic.
Here is a quick description of what is happening to me:
I am getting a lot of ground noise every time I record, even with the gain knob at its lowest(-10). I bought a cloud lifter recently to help me out and still, things won't get better. Every time I record I need to use the normalize audio function(read this at Presonus) because the recording volume is too low. Once I engage the normalize audio, the recording is audible and it doesn't clip, the max level for the sound is (-12), but there is noise with the recording that's is very annoying.
If someone is kind enough to help me out saying what I am possibly doing wrong I'll be very very grateful!
This is the mic I am using with good cables.
Dynamic Mic ( Brand: Arcano, pic attached )
Impedance: 600 ohms a 30% (em 1kHz)
Frequency: 55Hz-15kHz
Sensibility: -66 a 3dB (em 1kHz)
863173f5c0c2cf6ad45e9d76f817861c.jpg
863173f5c0c2cf6ad45e9d76f817861c.jpg (3.06 KiB) Viewed 2854 times

Microphone website link:
https://www.lojadiscovery.com.br/ARON-AR3

Ps; Just bought Presonus ebook, how to record vocals, hoping to get a possible answer of what I am doing wrong or if the equipment is just not good.

Desktop (PC)
Windows 10 (64 bits)
Intel Core Duo i5 7400 @ 3.00 GHz
Memory(RAM): 16 GB
HD: 931GB
Studio One Professional
Yamaha YPT 330
M-Audio keystation 61 MK3
Korg padKontrol
AudioBox 96
Presonus Eris E3.5
Shure SM7B
by nicolasfalcon on Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:11 pm
Here are some things that are helping me improve, although not quite there as expected.
I plugged my pc alone to a normal cheap power conditioner.
I was also singing to the wrong side of the microphone and feel no shame to say this. This only came to my attention after reading a comment on another forum. Might help someone else here as well.

Now, current issue: Even though I am using the CL1 cloud lifter my recorded audio wave is too thin. I don't know if this is because my mic is a dynamic mic, or what but the positive part now is that at least when I normalize the audio the signal is clean!
I really wish I could record without using the normalize audio function though. Thought that was the normal thing. Isn't it?
Anyways any comments are very appreciated.
If I discover further improvements will post them here.

Desktop (PC)
Windows 10 (64 bits)
Intel Core Duo i5 7400 @ 3.00 GHz
Memory(RAM): 16 GB
HD: 931GB
Studio One Professional
Yamaha YPT 330
M-Audio keystation 61 MK3
Korg padKontrol
AudioBox 96
Presonus Eris E3.5
Shure SM7B