3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is it possible to switch between two Impact XT instances?

I have found that I can choose and edit the patterns of two different Impact instances, but it seem's there is no way to display the layouts. Only the layout of the first loaded Impact XT instance is visible on ATOM.

Thank's
Gottfried

Win 10 64 i7-7K 32GB 2x M2, Studio One 6.6 Plus, Studio 192 + Eris E8 + FP2018 + ATOM's; Keylab mk2, BStep Pro, Exquis MPE, MiniFreak, Lewitt 441 Flex; SW: Arturia V + FX, Melodyne 5 STUDIO, u-he , TAL, Klanghelm, Toontrack
by gottfriedbergmair on Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:15 pm
Okay, I found a solution for my problem!
[Problem: Showing the pad layout of different impact XT instances on ATOM]

When ATOM is used with one or more Impact XT instances and you want to dispay the pad layout of a specific Impact XT instance, than you have to put the Impact track into the record / monitoring mode. [EDIT: Actually, the monitoring does the trick!]

ATOM will show immediatly the pad layout of the current "armed" Impact track (all the pad colors are displayed according to the Impact XT layout).

You can use "Instrument input follows selection" to update the pad layouts of ATOM automatically.

Special tip: If you own Faderport (in my case Faderport v2 2018) than just press the Arm button!! Great!

As a reference see also Johnny Geib's "PreSonus ATOM Masterclass", episode: "Pad Modes #1 and part #2"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fjKDfJWsoU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ1Pg6QbqD0
[Thank you Johnny for this episode!]

Gottfried

Win 10 64 i7-7K 32GB 2x M2, Studio One 6.6 Plus, Studio 192 + Eris E8 + FP2018 + ATOM's; Keylab mk2, BStep Pro, Exquis MPE, MiniFreak, Lewitt 441 Flex; SW: Arturia V + FX, Melodyne 5 STUDIO, u-he , TAL, Klanghelm, Toontrack
by gottfriedbergmair on Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:23 pm
When does ATOM display which Pad Mode [Drum Mode OR Keyboard Mode]?

I made a diagram which shows the conditions for the different Pad Modes:

ATOM-Quick-PadModes-600-001.JPG
ATOM Pad Mode conditions: Drum mode and keyboard mode

I hope that this diagram is helpful,

Gottfried

3 posts
Page 1 of 1