6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Finally got a FaderPort 2018 and some things are just not working as expected, or not even as stated in the manual. Wondering if it's bugs, documentation errors or user errors.

Running Studio One 4.1.2.50657, Win10 x64, latest firmware on FP (according to UC). I've selected the StudioOne mode of operation a few times so I hope that's correct :)

Primarily, it's "The Session Navigator" that's kind of wacky.

Link. Encoder controls any parameter beneath your mouse.
Navigation buttons select Next and Previous tracks respectively.

Navigation in this mode selects channels, not tracks. If channels = tracks, then Section and Scroll/Zoom are incorrectly documented. No biggie, but worth mentioning. Selecting channels seems to be the default operation for the navigation buttons. Correct?

Master. Encoder controls the Master level. Push the Encoder to reset the Master
level to 0 dB. While in this mode, the navigation buttons will control banking.

Navigation also selects channels. Maybe banking is only applicable FaderPort 8/16 and reverts to the default here? But the manual is clearly for the "regular" FaderPort.

Pan. Encoder controls panning. Navigation buttons scroll
through track list. Push the Encoder to reset the level to 0 dB.

Again, navigation selects channels, not tracks. Pushing the encoder resets pan to center, not level to 0 dB

Channel. Encoder controls individual channel scrolling. Navigation buttons
adjust the currently visible fader bank on the FaderPort by one channel.

Navigation selects channels. Maybe banking is only applicable FaderPort 8/16 and reverts to the default here?

Section. Encoder nudges the selected event. Use the navigation buttons
to navigate through the events on the Arranger track.

If focus is in the mix panel, the encoder expands/collapses the selected channel's inserts/sends section. Navigation buttons do nothing whatsoever, making the Section button next to useless. If focus is in the edit panel or the arranger panel, the encoder nudges the selected event. Navigation buttons do nothing whatsoever, making the Section button next to useless.

The only way to select the next/prev event is to unselect any mode (all buttons dark), click on a track/event and then use the navigation buttons. If focus is in mixer, the channels are selected. This means that if I want to nudge two or more events I have to continually select and unselect the Section mode between the actual nudging and event selection.

Scroll / Zoom. Encoder controls timeline scrolling. Push the encoder to
fit the timeline to the window size. Use the navigation buttons to scroll
through the track list ...

Yay! Finally navigation selects tracks! :D Everything works as described

Marker. Encoder moves the playback cursor in the Timeline. Use the navigation
buttons to scroll through markers. Press Encoder to drop a marker

Also works as documented.

So, most of these are not really that bothersome. The only really irritating one is the Section mode, as the navigation buttons do nada! But that so many of the modes operate differently than documented made me post this. What's going on? Is it just poor documentation? I am missing something?

Thanks!
by kristoffercarnmarker on Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:42 pm
Well, no responses here, but I did get i touch with tech support so I figure I might as well update the thread with the response from tech support.

Apparently, nothing in my description "points to a hardware failure" or "failure of functionality".

Oh well ...

Queue the Twilight Zone theme...
by MixxWizard on Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:23 pm
In this short video tutorial, I will show you have to reset, & get your Faderport 2018 buttons working again in Studio One 4. I hope this helps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmbh4XK ... e=youtu.be
by frank.crow on Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:52 pm
MixxWizard wroteIn this short video tutorial, I will show you have to reset, & get your Faderport 2018 buttons working again in Studio One 4. I hope this helps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmbh4XK ... e=youtu.be

Thanks brother

I just bought a Faderport V2 to go with my F8 and it was behaving really odd. I only had partial functionality. I was changing cables, ports & just basically trying to hunt down the problem. Your solution did the trick.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by jimmydeluxe on Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:18 pm
thanks!

mac studio 10 core 32gb ram 1tb ssd
Ventura
presonus 2626
by berndschray on Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:36 pm
it worked !!! Happy to get it solved. Searched half a day in Presonus Tutorials and FaderPort OwnersManual to find nothing! Thanks so much.

FP Firmware 3.74, S1 6.1.2

Presonus StudioLive 16 Series 3
Presonus StudioLive 16R
Presonus Studio One Pro 5.4
Celemony Melodyne Studio 5

ATOM
ATOM SQ
Faderport 2018
Eris E5 XT

Mac Pro (2016), 64 GB RAM, MacOS 10.13.6

6 posts
Page 1 of 1