6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I never use these but decided to give it a go, I suddenly found that with just a couple of tracks running, when I use the Presence piano with Chorder and arpeggiator my CPU use goes through the roof !

Im running a Mac mini i7, 2.3, 16G ram.....dont usually see any issues and have up to 40 tracks on some songs.

Are they super high usage?

Presonus 16.4.2 - Mac mini 2.3G i7, 16G Ram, Faderport - S1 -3 Pro
Novation Impulse 49 - Yamaha HS7 - Kemper Profiler -
SE 3300 - SE2200 - SE Reflexion - EBMM AAxis super sport - Taylor 414CE - PRS 513.
by Tacman7 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:32 pm
One thing to look at is polyphony.

An arp can send a lot of notes to a cpu heavy synth, same with chorder.

Depends on what voices you're using etc.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by timmorris on Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:19 pm
Mmmm....solution?

Presonus 16.4.2 - Mac mini 2.3G i7, 16G Ram, Faderport - S1 -3 Pro
Novation Impulse 49 - Yamaha HS7 - Kemper Profiler -
SE 3300 - SE2200 - SE Reflexion - EBMM AAxis super sport - Taylor 414CE - PRS 513.
by patricemazmanian on Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:42 pm
timmorris wroteMmmm....solution?

Increase the latency of your sound card (buffer size), or buy a more powerful computer !!

S1 pro 6 -Vienna Ensemble Pro - Melodyne - Notion 6 - Win10 - jBridge 1.65 - Motherboard ASUS Z87-K - i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 32 Go RAM - GeForce GT 610 1024MB - Audio interface RME Hammerfall multiface II - Faderport - ADAT Interface Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre - EWQL hollywood-orchestra...
by Tacman7 on Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:40 pm
Even if you buy a better computer you still have to balance what you want to do with what you're able to do.

You can render and bounce parts to cut down on processing and other things so you manage your resources.

Like if I have a lot going on I can do a mixdown and start a new song (sub song) and put the mixdown in it and track vox or guitar with fx then bring the results back to the main song, etc.

Also is your computer optimized for audio production? Good first step. Lot written here and on the web about that subject.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by JohnBW on Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:31 am
Two tracks/instances of Presence pianos with Note FX Chorder and Arp on each runs about 20% CPU on my i3/3.4 GHz, according to the SO4 Performance Monitor.

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro

6 posts
Page 1 of 1