AudioBox USB, AudioBox Stereo and AudioBox Studio
Music Creation Suite (PS-49 Keyboard, Studio One, Notion, Nimbit, XLR cable, M7 Mic, Headphones and USB 2.0 Hub)
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I'm new to audio interfaces and sound equipment in general.

My Audiobox USB works on my mini Mac with the USB cable they sent me, but it's only 4 feet long or so and I want to have the Audiobox 10 feet away. So I tried an AmazonBasics cable, but now the Audiobox doesn't show up as an available audio interface.

I thought it might be a power issue but the 48V and LED lights are on. Any help on why it wouldn't be able to find the Audiobox using a longer, 3rd party cable?

Thanks!
Chris
by henrinagelhout on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:14 am
Are you using a cable with these two connectors?

If so, then any decent cable should work.
The length shouldn't matter over those short distances, +30 feet could become a problem but 10 feet should be easy peasy.

PC: MacBook Pro 13" (2016), i5-6267U, 8Gb RAM, 512Gb SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.4
Interface: Audiobox iTwo | MIDI: Nektar Impact LX61 | Monitors: Eris E5 | DAW: Studio One 4.1.1 Pro
Plug-Ins: Amplitube 4, Komplete 11 Select, Melodyne 4.1 Editor, Superior Drummer 2.0, and various freebies
by matthewgorman on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:59 am
but now the Audiobox doesn't show up as an available audio interface.

The AudioBox is port specific on install. Do you have it plugged into a different jack now?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor
StarTech EC13942 34mm Expresscard
S1Pro V2 , Melodyne Studio 4, Nomad Factory Studio Bundle, Waves , RM16, Studio 192, DP88, Faderport, Central Station Plus, Yamaha HS50 Monitors, Sceptre 6-8 Monitors, Temblor 10.
by randymahoney1 on Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:38 pm
I am having the same issues. The Mac Mini will power thmy audiobox but the system will not recognise it as an audio source with any cable longer than 6'. I have tried 4 different cables from 4 different sources. Presouns tech support says that it "should" work. It doesn't.
by Skip Jones on Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:39 pm
You must plug your AB into the same USB port originally set up. Try moving to other ports until successful.

Skip

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945, ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM - 8GB RAM / 1T SATA, Mac Mini (Late 2014), Faderport and Faderport 8, Yamaha S-08 Synth, Fishman TriplePlay Guitar MIDI, Logidy Controller, assorted PreSonus Gear
by SwitchBack on Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:27 pm
Often those longer usb cables only provide a power connection but not a data connection. Make sure it’s not one of those. And try to find a cable with noise suppression ferrites (the ‘blobs’ on the cable near the connectors).

6 posts
Page 1 of 1