4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Does anyone know if the FireStudio Tube can be used as a standalone multichannel preamp? The unit quit synching with my pc through firewire some time ago and now it's pretty much a $700 paperweight. Since it is a discontinued legacy product it has been difficult to trade or sell. It would be nice if I could at least utilize the preamps in the unit without hooking it up through FW. Any help would be appreciated.
by cristofe on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:14 pm
If you cannot sync your FST to a computer you cannot configure it to run in standalone mode.

Also, the FireStudio Project is loaded with internal flash memory so that all FireControl settings are saved and recalled in the FireStudio Project during power off/on. This allows you to configure your FireStudio as a stand-alone device, without being connected to a computer for uses such as a submixer, A/D and D/A-converter, headphone mixer, format converter, instrument or microphone pre-amplifier!

I suggest you contact tech support. I don't know for sure if they still service FST's but if they
do it's a one-time fee of $85....which, BTW, also gets you a new warranty.

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

PC'S: HP XW6000 Dual 3.2GHz Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM WinXP SP2 HP 6005 Pro AMD Athalon X2 B24 3.0Ghz, 4GB RAM Win8 Pro Dell Latitude E6410 Laptop Intel i5 2.67Ghz 8GB RAM Win7 Pro x64 Audio Interfaces: Terratec EWS88MT PCI (2), Audiobox 1818VSL USB & Firestudio 26x26 Firewire, Line 6 PodXT, Roland GS-10, NI Rig Kontrol 3

Monitors: Yamaha HS50M's DAW: S1 3.2.1 Pro

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
by IronBone66 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:20 pm
Well that's good to know. Last time I was in correspondence with Tech Support the conclusion was to send it in, which they never gave me a price range on what it was going to cost me. So, I pretty much just forgot about it. Thanks for your reply, maybe I will reach back out to tech support.
by dubnemo on Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:39 pm
FYI
They can no longer repair the Tube if the sync goes out. No more replacement parts.
It is a dead paperweight, unless they will share the schematic.
I would like to mod it for sure.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1