9 posts
Page 1 of 1
I no longer need studio one 3 on my system as i am using studio one 4 pro now and was wondering how i can remove studio one 3 without losing any of the important parts

What is the process for removing studio one 3 correctly and leaving 4 intact and still having all the additional content remain

Thanks

Dan

Windows 10 64 bit (1809)
32GB of LPX vengeance RAM
I7700K cpu

Line 6 Helix Rack (Audio Interface)
Studio one 4 Pro 64bit :punk:
by snb1 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:30 am
danielbutler1 wroteI no longer need studio one 3 on my system as i am using studio one 4 pro now and was wondering how i can remove studio one 3 without losing any of the important parts

What is the process for removing studio one 3 correctly and leaving 4 intact and still having all the additional content remain

Thanks

Dan

Drag your Studio One 3 application from the application folder into the trash. Remember that just removing Studio One 3 from the dock into the trash does not remove the application of your computer.

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by garyshepherd on Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:57 am
I think he means - what other Studio One 3 files can be removed as well as the app itself? I have the same situation and have not trashed 3 yet - and assume there must be some files relating to 3 that are also not needed. Any ideas - removing the app is the easy bit.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by danielbutler1 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:05 pm
garyshepherd wroteI think he means - what other Studio One 3 files can be removed as well as the app itself? I have the same situation and have not trashed 3 yet - and assume there must be some files relating to 3 that are also not needed. Any ideas - removing the app is the easy bit.

Exactly , the advice above is useless to me, i am not even on a Mac which it clearly show in my Sig

I want to uninstall studio one 3 but am unsure if it will remove files i can use in Studio one 4 pro

Like loops for example or certain instruments etc etc

Windows 10 64 bit (1809)
32GB of LPX vengeance RAM
I7700K cpu

Line 6 Helix Rack (Audio Interface)
Studio one 4 Pro 64bit :punk:
by Bbd on Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:28 pm
I would back up my system first.

You can install the most recent release of Studio One from your PreSonus account which will install all the items that come with it. You do not have to install over your older version - just give the install folder a new name. Then test to see if your older songs come up OK.

It is hard to know exactly what other items with your older install you needed in your specific case.
So best bet is to contact Support if you are unsure.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Tacman7 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:27 pm
I've never tried removing one. To save space?
I just let them languish there until I build a new computer.
You might have read my book, "Lazy mans guide to Studio One"

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by snb1 on Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:41 pm
danielbutler1 wrote
garyshepherd wroteI think he means - what other Studio One 3 files can be removed as well as the app itself? I have the same situation and have not trashed 3 yet - and assume there must be some files relating to 3 that are also not needed. Any ideas - removing the app is the easy bit.

Exactly , the advice above is useless to me, i am not even on a Mac which it clearly show in my Sig

I want to uninstall studio one 3 but am unsure if it will remove files i can use in Studio one 4 pro

Like loops for example or certain instruments etc etc

Oops lol. That's my fault. I'll double check the signature next time.

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by roland1 on Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:47 pm
In Win. the main Studio One folder in "documents" needs to be preserved, always. It also seems to be updated when a new version is installed (for instance, the older templates get a separate sub folder after installing.)

The roaming folder should be checked. Not sure what's in there.
Also, the program folder - I think the prefs here get updated as well, but you will find a v3 folder that may have something you need - device settings, etc.

That's all I can think of for now.

I think you can then delete S1 v3 ("remove application"or whatever that Win feature is called) because it "shouldn't" removed any of the vital folders that are still related to v4. That said, who knows. I'd suggest to backup everything. Twice. That's how I sleep at night. :)

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by darrenporter1 on Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:46 pm
Yeah I second the notion... best not to uninstall it at all. Disk space is the cheapest upgrade you can make.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors

9 posts
Page 1 of 1