New

2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm new to Studio One 3 and I'm having a hard time getting microphone to pick up vocals. I have everything connected properly and I'm getting nothing when track is armed and ready to record. I can snap my finger in front of mic and it picks that up but vocal wise nothing. I'm using a audient iD14 interface and a blue microphone
by snb1 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:34 pm
reginaldgreen3 wroteI'm new to Studio One 3 and I'm having a hard time getting microphone to pick up vocals. I have everything connected properly and I'm getting nothing when track is armed and ready to record. I can snap my finger in front of mic and it picks that up but vocal wise nothing. I'm using a audient iD14 interface and a blue microphone

I'm having a hard time understanding why would you'll be able to snap your fingers in front of your mic but not be able to pick up vocals as soon as you step in front of the mic. Open the Console and inside the Input tab, you'll have the option to add insert fx onto the incoming signal and have that fx printed onto the signal as it's being recorded. Maybe you have a gate plugin somewhere either on the main input, or on the track you are monitoring through. Meaning maybe your snap is going over the gates threshold which is a allowing for the mic to pick it up and maybe your vocals are falling below the threshold which means that signal would be gated out and would not be picked up by the mic.

Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 12.30.08 PM.png

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet

2 posts
Page 1 of 1