5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey all

Was wondering if there was a way to set up a midi controller knob to make the fine adjustments to position in time of audio? For example, to have whatever is selected move it back and forth by milliseconds.

Was also wondering if this could be done in Melodyne, where whatever blob would be moved forward and back in time with one knob, and pitch up and down with another

Not sure if it was possible to make the time position a parameter or not, but figured I'd ask

Thanks for the help.
by snb1 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:22 am
katieshesko wroteHey all

Was wondering if there was a way to set up a midi controller knob to make the fine adjustments to position in time of audio? For example, to have whatever is selected move it back and forth by milliseconds.

Was also wondering if this could be done in Melodyne, where whatever blob would be moved forward and back in time with one knob, and pitch up and down with another

Not sure if it was possible to make the time position a parameter or not, but figured I'd ask

Thanks for the help.

Not directly in Studio One. I think there was a way to do it with functions inside of my Nektar P6 midi controller, but due to one of the updates to the Mac OS, the feature that allowed me me chain a bunch of commands on my P6 midi controller with one button is no longer available.

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by niles on Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:56 am
katieshesko wroteHey all

You could assign the Nudge and Nudge Back command to your external device. When snap is disable it will nudge in steps of 1ms (else it will do steps according to the snap setting).

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by katieshesko on Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:12 am
I'm going to have to see if there's an external software for my controller, never really had to look into it before now so...

As for just giving it a command as mentioned above, whenever I use the smart learn, and make a new knob, the knob isn't able to be given any command other than dragging to a knob or fader in the layout. It's impossible as far as I can tell to give a command to anything categorized as a fader or knob (which is my problem in the first place).
by snb1 on Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:27 pm
[/quote]You could assign the Nudge and Nudge Back command to your external device. When snap is disable it will nudge in steps of 1ms (else it will do steps according to the snap setting).[/quote]

Correct. As far as I know you are able assign the Nudge commands to the buttons on your external device which I've accomplished in the past, but was unsuccessful trying to map those functions to a rotary knob.

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet

5 posts
Page 1 of 1