Discuss Notion Music Composition Software here.
11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I'm probably doing something not quite right, but a simple MIDI drum pattern, Kick (C1), Snare (D1), and Closed HiHat (F#1) still appear as standard notation when using the S1 Song menu>Send to Notion function. It doesn't matter if the music editor is in melodic or drum mode.

Changing the score setup in Notion to Drum Set notation doesn't change anything.

Has anyone successfully completed the transfer?

Edit 1/16/19: A support ticket was submitted.

S1 4 drums to Notion.png
Last edited by 60s Pop Man on Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

M1 Mini (16GB RAM, 1TB SSD) / macOS 13.6 / S1 6.5 Pro / Melodyne 5 Editor / Notion 6.8.4 / Faderport 8, Eris 5
by 60s Pop Man on Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:36 pm
Brian from tech support provided the solution. Name the S1 4 track Drum Set before the transfer. It works perfectly. :thumbup:

DRUM SET, drum set, Drum set, etc. will result in drum notation in Notion.
Drum Set.png

M1 Mini (16GB RAM, 1TB SSD) / macOS 13.6 / S1 6.5 Pro / Melodyne 5 Editor / Notion 6.8.4 / Faderport 8, Eris 5
by bartbalint on Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:10 am
I noticed this same issue. Thanks for posting this answer!!

Studio One v6.5, Win11 latest build, Quantum2, Huion Tablet, ATOM, GR55, HPD-20, iRigKeys, Mackie Big Knob, Elgato StreamDeck+, 8-)
by tonyward2 on Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:42 am
Is there a list of all the track names that Studio One will recognise and auto map?
by 60s Pop Man on Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:39 pm
tonyward2 wroteIs there a list of all the track names that Studio One will recognise and auto map?

Drum notes in S1 need to be assigned to General MIDI (GM) drum note values.
The Presence drum kits: Basic, Classic Rock, Standard, etc. follow the GM drum map and will result in drum notation in Notion.
Presence kit GM sounds.png

Impact drum kits aren't consistently aligned with GM maps. In the Detroit kit for example, C#1 is assigned to a clangy-sounding Hat Pedalo (vs.snare Side Stick) and E1 to Kick Breach (vs. Electronic Snare).

Notion interprets the C#1 as snare side stick notation and E1 as an alterate snare drum sound.
Impact Detroit Kit.png

I'm still exploring how this works with Addictive Drums 2 and NI drums and will document results here when sorted out.

by 60s Pop Man on Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:30 pm
bartbalint wroteI noticed this same issue. Thanks for posting this answer!!

Good to hear the solution is useful to others.

Cheers!

by 60s Pop Man on Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:43 pm
EDIT May 13, 2020: Thanks to caradoc, I figured out that a multi-instrument track named Drum Set that includes Impact or Presence kit combined with a third-party drum kit will convert to notation in Notion

Original post
Looks like the conversion of S1 drums to drum notation in Notion requires a S1 drum kit - Impact or Presence.

Drum notation in Notion does not occur when using a third party drum kit plug-in in S1 such as Addictive Drums 2 or the NI drum kits. Setting the internal mapping of these instruments to GM doesn’t help, even if the MIDI notes on the S1 Instrument track conform to C1-kick, D1-snare, F#1-closed hat, etc.

I’ll continue to use AD2 because it sounds great! When I need drum notation, then a Presence drum kit on a separate track will be used for the note conversion.
Last edited by 60s Pop Man on Wed May 13, 2020 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Andrew Hazzard on Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:17 am
Thanks so much for posting!
by roland1 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:25 pm
Damn. I was looking for an answer for how to get my V-drum tracks into notion as proper drum notation only to find out that it won't work for Slate Drums or other third party vsti mapping - unless you remap them to be GM, I suppose.

I should have remained in my career as a nuclear physicist. Mentally, it was far less demanding. :)

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by caradoc on Mon May 11, 2020 10:46 am
You can load an impact kit, then combine slate drums and lower the volume of the impact kit.
Work's for me! :)
by 60s Pop Man on Wed May 13, 2020 7:07 pm
caradoc wroteYou can load an impact kit, then combine slate drums and lower the volume of the impact kit.
Work's for me! :)

Thanks for pointing this out. :thumbup:

A multi-instrument track with Impact or a Presence drum kit combined with a third-party drum kit (AD2 here) will convert to drum notation in Notion. :punk:

11 posts
Page 1 of 1