5 posts
Page 1 of 1
PreSonus, Can you expose the MIDI messages received by the ATOM to set button illuminations and colors? SDK, MIDI Chart, etc... For programming outside of Studio One.

2018 MacBook Pro: i9, 32g RAM, 1tb SSD, MacOS 12.4 Monterey
(STUDIO I/O) MOTU M4
(LIVE I/O) Behringer X Air XR18
(SOFTWARE) Ableton Live Suite 11, Studio One 5
by heinzhupfer on Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:44 am
HI:)

========================================================================
<!-- ******************************************************************************************** -->
<!-- Pads transmit Note On for pressed and Note Off for release with velocity -->
<!-- Pads transmit Poly Pressure -->
<!-- Color is transmitted with Note On message -->
<!-- ******************************************************************************************** -->

<Control name="pad[0]" type="trigger" options="receive"> <MidiMessage status="NoteTrigger" address="#24" options="through"/> </Control>
<Control name="padLED[0]" options="transmit fastupdate"> <MidiMessage status="#90" address="#24"/> </Control>
<Control name="padLEDColor[0]" type="rgb" options="transmit fastupdate"> <Handler class="PadColorLEDHandler" address="#24"/> </Control>
=======================================================================

I'm no programmer, but obviously color is changed by a Note ON Message. You'll never know what these control names can do!

Presonus do not expose the reference of these surface files! I've tried a long time to get a reference of the faderport xmls, but never got an answer, and I have mailed a lot of people of the support:(

Bassman.
by markdelorenzo on Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:58 am
Thanx for your reply.
I'd love to figure out how to change the colors via MIDI CC or SYSEX. So that when I pull up a NI Battery Drum patch, the ATOM colors are set. And other scenarios. It would be great to customize the ATOM.
Last edited by markdelorenzo on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

(STUDIO I/O) MOTU M4
by ennbr on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:14 am
I spent about half and hour mapping the Midi values being sent to the Atom from Studio One heres a table I put together. The table is using the C1 button or 24 hex to show values sent for the Presonus Atom default colors. During my testing I found there to be only 11 colors of the 28 shown in the Studio One table sent to the Atom.

Hope this helps

PDF files has instructions and Color table

Attachments
ATOM set button colors.pdf
(24.97 KiB) Downloaded 869 times

Bruce

Computers:
Mini PC Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 boot, 4TB data Win 11
Laptop ASUS Ryzen 7 6800H, 64GB DDR5, 2TB M.2 4TB SSD data Win 11
Software: Studio One Pro 6, Notion 6.8, Melodyne Studio 5
Audio Interfaces: Moto 1248, M4
External Storage: Samples 3x 2TB SSD's, Projects 4TB SSD
by markdelorenzo on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:29 am
ennbr wrotePDF files has instructions and Color table

Very interesting find. Nice job.
Definitely something to start experimenting with.

(STUDIO I/O) MOTU M4

5 posts
Page 1 of 1