14 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have Studio One 3. I can set sample rate to 48KHz neither in global options nor in project options. The only sample rate available is 44.1KHz. I use the motherboard's builtin Realtek soundchip. What can I do?
by darrenporter1 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:45 am
I have no idea if you can change it using the onboard audio chipset, but the correct answer is you really need to get a real audio interface. Even something basic and/or used and not latest-generation for only $69 or so off Craigslist or Reverb.com would be a HUGE upgrade if your budget is limited.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by matthewgorman on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:00 pm
Sounds like a limitation of the Realtec. To use higher sample rates, you need to have a device that can use them.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by SwitchBack on Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:01 pm
This can also be due to another (audio) process/app keeping the onboard sound hardware locked on 44.1kHz. Shut down all those apps including system sounds. Once S1 gets hold of the Realtek chip you can try bringing the other stuff back online but keep at least system sounds disabled.
by paveln2 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:25 pm
Thank you for your answers, but nothing helped.

It is not a limitation of Realtek since Cakewalk Sonar had no problems with this hardware. I have 96KHz frequency set for my Realtek Speakers audio device in Windows audio settings.

It is not caused by other processes locking the audio device as well. I stopped Windows Audio Service and restarted it. After that no process was accessing the audio output. But after I started Presonus, nothing changed. Again only 44.1KHz available.

I have Presonus One 3 Artist bundled with an Acorn midi-keyboard. May it be the limitation of the bundled version?
by darrenporter1 on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:02 pm
Under S1 Prefereces, Audio Setup... play with the "Release audio device in background" setting.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by paveln2 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:48 am
darrenporter1 wroteUnder S1 Prefereces, Audio Setup... play with the "Release audio device in background" setting.

Thank you! Though after setting "Release audio device in background" nothing changed (yes, I have restarted S1), after pressing "Control Panel" button and unsetting "Exclusive Mode" the device frequency changed to 96kHz, which is the frequency set in Windows. Now I can choose 44.1kHz or 96kHz for the song, but no other frequencies are available. After setting "Exclusive Mode" there is again only one sample rate available - 44.1kHz.

So now I know how to get 48kHz. It is enough for me, but I am still curious, what's wrong with S1?
by jeighneither on Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:03 am
Nothing is wrong with Studio One, but to get professional results you really need a professional audio interface. You're also likely using Studio One V 3.5; if not, I highly recommend updating. It was a big jump from 3 to 3.5 if I remember right.
by PreAl on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:22 am
Yup get a cheap Focusrite Scarlett or something.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by MANOVA on Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:33 pm
jeighneither wroteNothing is wrong with Studio One, but to get professional results you really need a professional audio interface. You're also likely using Studio One V 3.5; if not, I highly recommend updating. It was a big jump from 3 to 3.5 if I remember right.

Actually I am using Studio One 4 with a RME Fireface UFX under Win 10 64 bit and i am experiencing the same thing here
by PreAl on Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:23 pm
Update your driver's and firmware.
Make sure studio one is set for the right audio interface and ASIO.
Make sure you are only running studio one.
If you are running ASIO4ALL do a full removal.

RME users may give better advise..

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by carlospoitevien on Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:56 pm
I think I have solved this. follow the following steps:

1- go to studio one options
2- in the menu of Audio Setup for the audio device, select control panel
3- remove the exclusive mode

then you can have the 48000 Khz I don't know if this would bring other issues, with other programs but it worked for me.
by PreAl on Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:49 am
carlospoitevien wroteI think I have solved this. follow the following steps:

1- go to studio one options
2- in the menu of Audio Setup for the audio device, select control panel
3- remove the exclusive mode

then you can have the 48000 Khz I don't know if this would bring other issues, with other programs but it worked for me.

As written earlier...

darrenporter1 wroteUnder S1 Prefereces, Audio Setup... play with the "Release audio device in background" setting.

by chrisowen10 on Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:38 pm
I had a similar problem with Studio One 5.1.1 in combination with a Behringer UMC1820, except that the only sample rate I could see was 44.1KHZ.

For me the solution was to open a song, go to Song Setup, General tab where you can set the sample rate. (For me this was to 96KHZ.)
You can also set the bitrate here.

I'd expected this to be a global setting on the audio interface but it looks like it has to be set per song.

14 posts
Page 1 of 1