Capture 1.x and Capture 2.x
10 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've installed Capture 2 and the UC software. I can communicate with the StudioLive AR-16 mixer and the UC software recognizes the AR-16. Using a microphone, I can see the audio meters in Capture 2 react to input. However, when I try to record it works as expected but no waveform shows up on the tracks. All the tracks are armed and the arm buttons shows red. The waveform in the track window on the time line shows only a flat line while recording however, the bars on the audio meter show input.
by derrickpack on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:26 pm
Did you ever get an answer to this? I have the same problem with my StudioLive Series III right now that I'm setting up for my church right now.
by SwitchBack on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:36 am
Hi and welcome :)

When you armed the tracks, pressed record, and the meters are moving then you’re recording. The levels may be too low to show anything on the tracks but it will be there. Do a vertical zoom to check, and consider increasing the recording levels next time :)
by lennospaans on Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:20 pm
Capture 2 does not record. I use an new mac mini
the record lights go on but nothing to record or on the meters. Do you know what I forget?
by SwitchBack on Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:44 pm
Hi and welcome :)

Well, first off you forgot to tell us what audio interface you are using ;)
by lennospaans on Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:51 pm
I’m using the newest Mac Mini i7 2018
New install capture
New Install Universal Control
Universal Control - is working.
by lennospaans on Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:59 pm
Sorry I’m new on this platform.
Pushed the wrong button.

The MAC Mini is conected to a presonus 24.4.2
first one.
When I start recording there is no sound comming in. Record lights blinking.

I must forget something.
by wahlerstudios on Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:05 pm
For the SL 24.4.2 the download page says Universal Control v1.7.6 and Capture 2 v2.4.0.49805. Have a look here: https://www.presonus.com/products/Studi ... /downloads

You can't use UC Surface 2.x for legacy mixers.
by lennospaans on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:15 am
Thank you for your reply:
I have the right version you gave me.
But still no succes, tried an presonus firepod, the same problem.
by wahlerstudios on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:44 am
There are several threads here about the Mojave problem and the missing "link" to the FireWire machines. Nobody has reported any solution yet, but it looks that Mojave and FireWire will never become friends. This is not necessarily a Mojave problem, but a hardware problem.

It was always said that using the two Thunderbolt adapters will make the connection possible, but as far as I know "Thunderbolt 3" is not suitable for audio any longer. It's meant for graphic displays and connceting computer devices only. Apple has made this decision and if you read the description of your new Mac mini, you will find no words about audio and Thunderbolt. You need to use USB 3, which is not compatible with any version of FireWire. Honestly, I don't see any way to get the SL 24.4.2 (FireWire 400) connected to the 2018 Mac mini. A Series III mixer will work fine with Mojave and Mac mini... :hunf:

PreSonus needs to take care of their "legacy" clients and - at least - give a warning that the new Apple machines can not connect to FireWire any more.

10 posts
Page 1 of 1