3 posts
Page 1 of 1
For the sake of underscoring, is there a way to assign a fader to the tempo and use a Faderport (in my case, a faderport 8) to write the tempo curve? I've been trying to assign it, but for the life of me, I can't seem to get it to happen.

For underscoring, and especially any type of orchestral scoring, it'd be a bonus to be able to write the tempo map with a fader, in essence almost conducting the ritards and tempo pushes. It'd be a lot more natural than dropping points and dragging them.

Also, for VST instruments, it'd be great if there was a VI mode (like there's an edit plugin mode) where it allows you to assign midi CC numbers to the faders to control dynamics, swells, etc.

Anyone have any idea if any of these are possible?

Thanks,
Frank

"For every man who has ever lived, in this Universe there shines a star."
- Arthur C. Clarke
by ionian on Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:16 pm
Wow, so I guess that answers that.

"For every man who has ever lived, in this Universe there shines a star."
- Arthur C. Clarke
Check my posts half way down this thread: viewtopic.php?f=337&t=24034

Conclusion so far: yes it can be done, but using it in a multi instrument setup (i.e. Kontakt with 8 horns loaded, each with their own articulation, for example) is no-go.

I ended up creating a template where each track has its own Kontakt instance, which is far from ideal, but surprisingly doable looking at CPU & RAM performance.

Btw, why would you want to assign it to the tempo track in an orchestral (i.e. virtual instrument) setting? I have bad experiences doing this as the tempo would gradually increase or decrease since you used the fader to create the curve the tempo follows (i.e. 91, 92, 94, 97, 99, 100, 102, 103, 104 - etc).

The problem is that instruments in Kontakt will adjust to the new tempo in real time and this causing a lot of glitches and weird audio artifacts during playback, as opposed to just changing tempo immediately from 90 to 120.

Studio One Professional 6.1.1 | 64bit Melodyne Assistant 5.2.0.006

Faderport 8 | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen
Studiologic SL88 Grand | Yamaha YDP-163 | Yamaha HS8 & HS8S | Austrian Audio Hi-X65 | Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO

Windows 10 x64 | AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Asus X570PRO | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | 6TB NVME SSD

3 posts
Page 1 of 1