10 posts
Page 1 of 1
New S1 user, so I'm hoping this is an easy fix. I have a MIDI track containing a bass VST and an arpeggiator. During playback, if I mute/unmute or solo/un-solo the track, it stops the currently-played MIDI note. I haven't experienced this in my other DAWs, so is there an option I can change so that this doesn't happen?
by Lawrence on Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:59 pm
Options > Advanced > Midi > Chase long notes
by Hwangman on Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:09 am
Thank you! I'll test that out today.
by Hwangman on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:10 pm
Lawrence wroteOptions > Advanced > Midi > Chase long notes

Does it require a restart of S1? I'm still having the same issue after enabling that option.
by Jemusic on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:41 pm
I have just checked this and I am not seeing the same behaviour.

Firstly if you mute a midi track then you won't hear it! So that is meant to be. What I find is if I un mute a track while the cursor is in the middle of playing a midi note, you won't hear that note but the next one/s in line. This is normal as far as I am concerned.

When I solo or un solo a midi track nothing changes for me. Notes that are currently being played continue to do so the moment I go into solo. And coming out of solo nothing changes either.

Now in that same area where Lawrence suggested setting the chase long notes there is also another option for cutting notes at part end. So if you are doing this over the end of a apart it is also expected behaviour.

Another thing too! Where are you muting and soling? There are two places. One is the track header (which represents the midi signal going into the VST) the other is in the mixer channel. (which represents the output from your VST) If you are muting the mixer channel then midi notes will continue to play on and should un-mute the moment you un-mute the track.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Hwangman on Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:42 pm
What I find is if I un mute a track while the cursor is in the middle of playing a midi note, you won't hear that note but the next one/s in line. This is normal as far as I am concerned.

Maybe it's a S1 thing? I'm coming from Ableton Live and Reaper. Both DAWs do not do this.

When I solo or un solo a midi track nothing changes for me. Notes that are currently being played continue to do so the moment I go into solo. And coming out of solo nothing changes either.

That's why I'm wondering if it's a setting I'm missing, because I'm not seeing that behavior.

Another thing too! Where are you muting and soloing?

I'm soloing from the track area in the top of the S1 window (not in the "Mix" area). I'll give it a shot using the mixer channel. Like I said, hopefully it's just some setting or quirk that I'm not used to from the other DAWs I've used. Ableton in particular is really flexible when it comes to MIDI, so this is stuff I've never had to worry about before.
by niles on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:18 am
Hwangman wroteNew S1 user, so I'm hoping this is an easy fix. I have a MIDI track containing a bass VST and an arpeggiator.
What arpeggiator?

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by Hwangman on Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:55 pm
The stock one in S1.
by niles on Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:21 am
Hwangman wroteThe stock one in S1.
Then the only workaround is to render or record the output to note events.

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by Hwangman on Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:07 am
Yikes, really? Ok, well thanks for confirming. Guess I'll be back to Ableton for all my MIDI work.

10 posts
Page 1 of 1