7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I read the atom documentation today, I found some errors and some things that it is not adequately explaining.

Firstly the error...

a) 2.1 Note Repeat. There are two steps mentioned:

"To engage Note Repeat, press the note repeat button while the desired bank is active. All pads will flash".

followed by

"Press the pad assigned to the sound on which you'd like to enable note repeat."

These two steps are in the wrong order and should be swapped.

b) Poor documentation when it comes to looping. Page 15 states:

"While Set Loop is active, use the right and left buttons to move forward and backward on the timeline. Press the Up button to set the loop start point. Press the Down button to set the loop end point."

What the documentation fails to mention is that the loop start and end points move to the current position of the now time marker. Very confusing until you know how!

c) Page 20 - the documentation tried to explain how to bring up pad focus mode for "faster control" in the step sequencer. The instructions didn't work for me so I will have to research this later.

d) Followed instructions on page 17 and I could not get it to change pitch. I will need to research this later.

e) I can bring up editor views but I am none the wiser on how to bring up the pattern editor step sequencer in the atom with the orange notes. So I manually create a pattern and then right click it with my mouse and select "Insert Pattern" for now.

Hopefully somebody from Presonus may take heed and improve the manual in these areas.

Thanks..

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by BobF on Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:57 pm
I submitted a report on your behalf

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by PreAl on Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:11 pm
Bob - thankyou very much :)

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by PreAl on Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:16 pm
Another one.

Documentation refers to banks 1 to 8 but the plugin itself has it as banks A to H.

by PreAl on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:37 pm
PreAl wrotec) Page 20 - the documentation tried to explain how to bring up pad focus mode for "faster control" in the step sequencer. The instructions didn't work for me so I will have to research this later.

d) Followed instructions on page 17 and I could not get it to change pitch. I will need to research this later.

e) I can bring up editor views but I am none the wiser on how to bring up the pattern editor step sequencer in the atom with the orange notes. So I manually create a pattern and then right click it with my mouse and select "Insert Pattern" for now.

Hopefully somebody from Presonus may take heed and improve the manual in these areas.

Thanks..

So I watched all the Presonus official videos again...

I am none the wiser with (c).

With (d) I notice I can change pitch using a dial and not up/down buttons as stated in manual so this is all very confusing.

I notice (e) can be a little bit flakey under certain conditions... I sort of worked it out (ish).

by BobF on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:48 pm
PreAl wroteAnother one.

Documentation refers to banks 1 to 8 but the plugin itself has it as banks A to H.

Alex - Please update the OP as you find more. That will make your findings easier to use.

-

-------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One Pro - latest / Win10Pro x64 (latest) / i7-6700 @3.8Ghz / 32G / UMC1820 / Event PS8
RC w/Galaxy S7+ / KKS61MK2 / Atom SQ
by PreAl on Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:10 am
I created a new ticket anyway (Request #481366). I also need answers esp (c) and (d). I appreciate your help.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1