48 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3
Thanks so much for this Chord Track pdf and so much more that you provide to this community.
Cheers!
Wally

2017 MBP/2012 Mini, macOS 10.4.5, S1 4.5.1, Notion 6.5, Faderport 2018, Eris 5, USB-C Studio 24c, silverface Apollo Quad-TB, Integra 7, MIDI guitar controllers, Novation SL MKll for CC - no Automap!
by slacknote on Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:58 am
So did I understand it correctly that if you don't want all events from a track to follow the chord track, you'll have to copy those events to another track?
It's a nifty tool, but I don't understand why it's track based and not even based. It's unlikely you wouldn't want to chance one or two notes on a whole track right?
by ianwestern1 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:19 am
Hi guys. Some help would be appreciated regarding the chord track if possible please.

This is my exact process:-
1 Create a midi chord progression on an instrument channel, detect chords and extract to chord channel. Happy so far.
2. Create another instrument channel for a bass line. I add a basic bassline using midi, i then go into the inspector and follow chord track using the bass option. It changes some of the notes mostly to root notes. Im happy with most of the notes its changed but a few i want to change further so i do. Im happy with that.
The chord progression and bass line is say for example an 8 bar loop.
3. I now want to extend the regions so i click the existing bass line region and hit D to duplicate. It duplicates the track, but, the midi notes have reverted to where Studio One put them when i hit follow chords - bass originally, not where i then manually changed them slightly afterwards.

Is there a way, once you've manually moved some notes AFTER you've hit follow chords, for you to maybe reprint the entire MIDI event so it doesn't revert back to the original follow chords placement? I've tried right clicking on the event region and rendering instrument part, that doesn't do anything. Bouncing just turns it to audio.

If i create the pattern how i want it and then turn off follow chords it just changes everything back to how it was to start with.

Im pulling my hair out with this.

Regards

Ian
by psusername on Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:21 pm
Hi,

I am not familiar with using the chord track, but maybe you need to save your changes and then try to duplicate the part/event?

Just a thought....

p

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU = Intel Core i&-3770K CPU @ 3.5GHz
Ram = 32GB
Graphics = NVIDIA GeForce GT640
Displays = Acer T232HL & AOC 2429W
Studio One 4.xxxx
StudioLive III 32
Focusrite Liquid 56
Focusrite ISA428
dBX 161s
Universal Audio 6176
Allen&Heath GL3000
by josephholt on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:50 am
Hey, cudos, this is a very nice little booklet, I'm gonna keep this on had for sure.
by vanhaze on Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:48 pm
a) Before you duplicate, rightmouse click on the Musical Part in which you changed some MIDI Notes.
b) Then choose Musical Functions > Freeze Pitch.
c) Then do the Duplicate.

Does this help ?

Warm Regards.

ianwestern1 wroteHi guys. Some help would be appreciated regarding the chord track if possible please.

This is my exact process:-
1 Create a midi chord progression on an instrument channel, detect chords and extract to chord channel. Happy so far.
2. Create another instrument channel for a bass line. I add a basic bassline using midi, i then go into the inspector and follow chord track using the bass option. It changes some of the notes mostly to root notes. Im happy with most of the notes its changed but a few i want to change further so i do. Im happy with that.
The chord progression and bass line is say for example an 8 bar loop.
3. I now want to extend the regions so i click the existing bass line region and hit D to duplicate. It duplicates the track, but, the midi notes have reverted to where Studio One put them when i hit follow chords - bass originally, not where i then manually changed them slightly afterwards.

Is there a way, once you've manually moved some notes AFTER you've hit follow chords, for you to maybe reprint the entire MIDI event so it doesn't revert back to the original follow chords placement? I've tried right clicking on the event region and rendering instrument part, that doesn't do anything. Bouncing just turns it to audio.

If i create the pattern how i want it and then turn off follow chords it just changes everything back to how it was to start with.

Im pulling my hair out with this.

Regards

Ian

Macbook Retina 2015 | OSX Mojave (latest version) | Studio One Pro 4 (latest version) | UAD Apollo Twin Thunderbolt
by Quietly on Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:22 am
Nice one many thanks.

People who can't dance always blame the band.
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-cooper-855281238
Studio One 4 Pro, Cubase 10 Pro, Reaper. Windows 10 64 Bit 4 GB Intel 2 Quad Q 9950 @ 2.83 GHz . Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, NI Komplete Kontrol S61, NI Komplete Ultimate 10, Izotope Ozone 5 and 8. Yamaha HS 80 Speakers and a few other VST Instruments.
by johndecarteret on Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:01 am
Many thanks, certainly a great help for a newbie. Love it, more please.

48 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3