5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I just got my Atom and I like it except that pad 14 fires on its own sporadically and often, once every 2-3 seconds or so. It lights up white when it happens, just as if being pressed. It seems to happen any time the Atom is on, whether I'm in Studio One or not.

I've updated the firmware as specifed, and the problem persists.

So I'm wondering if this is a hardware or software issue. I bought the Atom from zZounds and i just noticed that they won't accept returns on the Atom...they call it a "return exception" item. I'm not sure why the dealer wouldn't take returns, maybe they have an odd arrangement with Presonus?

I'll be very unhappy if I got a bad unit out of the box and I have to go through hoops to get it replaced. :-(

I'm also wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks,

Mark
by darrenporter1 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:15 am
I doubt the "return exemption" applies to defective units if you ask for the same thing back after the return. Check with zZounds for clarification and then open a support ticket with PreSonus if they can't/won't resolve it for you.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by markb14391 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:17 pm
Thanks! I hope you're right but i had a similar situation a while back with a Maschine that arrived damage (box beat up very badly). I wanted to exchange it for the exact same thing and they refused, telling me to go through the manufacturer because of the "exception". I raised a big stink and they finally exchanged it.

I've submitted an RMA request...hoping for the best!
by darrenporter1 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:19 pm
Very silly of zZounds considering there are so many other choices for our business that have better return policies and pretty much the same prices across the board.

Hope it works out for you.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by markb14391 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:46 pm
Indeed. Normally their return policy is fine, it's just those occasional "exception" items.

Thanks!

5 posts
Page 1 of 1