2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there. I'm brand-new to audio stuff, and I'm REALLY hoping someone can help me-- I have spent weeks reading about this, and my wits are at their absolute end.

I recently bought a PreSonus Audiobox96 USB, and no matter what, I'm getting intermittent distortion when using my acoustic \ electric.

--My guitar has active pickups (battery-powered), and therefore needs to be run through a passive DI to avoid damaging the Audiobox. Connection is 1/4 inch cable from guitar to the DI-600, then XLR to interface.

--I am using the very lowest levels on ALL the Audiobox settings. Most of the time, I can't hear a thing unless I turn the INST knob ALL the way to the right--and once I do that, I have noise AND distortion.

-Mixer knob IS all the way to the left

-- All ports on this computer are USB 2.0, so switching to a USB different port isn't applicable.

--This is class-compatible device for Macs and doesn't require drivers, so it's not a driver issue

Some of the many common solutions I have tried that haven't worked:
--Changing the buffer size
--Using a powered USB hub (I have a Belkin
--Changing the sample rate
--Disabling WiFi
--Making sure the inputs and outputs are configured correctly in the DAW

Specs:
Computer: Mac Mini 5,3
Processor: 2ghz Intel core i7
RAM: 8 GB. CPU never goes over 5%, and often doesn't even get THAT high.
Interface: PreSonus Audiobox96 USB
DAW: Studio One Prime
Guitar: Alvarez Yairi WY1BW Bob Weir Signature Acoustic-Electric
Guitar Electronics: Custom Dual Transducer with Crossover, SYS600T MK II EQ w/Tuner
DI Box: Behringer DI-600P (Passive). Grounding is ON, Filter is OFF. Have tried both with -30db pad and without.

I am not running ANY effects of any kind. Just need a plain 'ol natural signal.

Nothing seems to solve this issue, and the equipment is brand-new. Does anyone have *anything* I can try?
Last edited by josephcamann on Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by Trucky on Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:31 am
What versions are you running for the following?

AudioBox USB 96 firmware
Universal Control
Studio One Prime

https://www.presonus.com/products/AudioBox-USB-96/downloads

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32

2 posts
Page 1 of 1