11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone.

I have spent the last 7 days trying to figure out how to get separate stem files for my recording on my roland TD-6V drums. I have googled and used youtube with no luck so far.

I have set up a new song in studio 1. Added the track to play along to and then recorded my drums. The problem is its recorded as one file and I need it broken into the separate drums parts in order to be mixed properly. Im pretty sure this has already been asked on here somewhere so im sorry if one of many posts with the same question. I can't find it directly.

I go to the top bar and "song" then "export stems" but as I said, it saves it as one file and my friend in Sweden cant edit it as one file. He needs them all separate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stevie
by Bbd on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:07 am
You can export stems as separate files easily so something is wrong on your side.

What version of Studio One and what OS are you using?

When you go to export stems, S1 displays a list of what tracks to select for either Channels or Tracks.
After it exports, it opens the folder where those stems have been created.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by stevencraven on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:14 am
Thanks for the reply Bbd.

I am using version 3.3.3.45892 of studio one and my mac is macOS High Sierra version 10.13.3 (17D47)

Once I have saved it as export stems it's saving as a single file with all the parts as one and not individual
by Bbd on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:59 am
Current version is 3.5.5

Please download from your online account and try again.

Thanks.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by stevencraven on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:03 pm
Its updated now and still the same. Saving it as a single file :(
by Bbd on Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:05 pm
Can you post a screenshot of your export screen?

Bbd

by stevencraven on Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:05 am
by lizkatrin on Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:00 pm
I am also new to Studio One 3 and I wanted to export my song (I've already done it previously and it worked) and suddenly I cannot find the END marker. I scrolled the song horizontally to the end (because the project is longer then my song) but the marker still isn't there... Please help.
by matthewgorman on Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:52 am
lizkatrin wroteI am also new to Studio One 3 and I wanted to export my song (I've already done it previously and it worked) and suddenly I cannot find the END marker. I scrolled the song horizontally to the end (because the project is longer then my song) but the marker still isn't there... Please help.

Did you open the marker track? Button looks like a flag at the top left of arrange window

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by klypeman on Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:23 am
Did you record it as a audio stereo file or on a Instrument track (MIDI) (Drums)

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by lawrencefarr on Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:56 am
The eDrum module most likely only has one stereo output so if you're playing a MIDI drum track back to it...

1. Select the drum clips in Studio One and right click Musical Functions > Explode by Pitch to get all of the drums sounds to separate instrument tracks. Before doing that, erase the track name and choose a drum map in the editor so everything will be named correctly, GM, whatever. You also want to combine your high hat midi clips to one track so that the mute grouping will get rendered.

2. Render those as Track stems via Song > Export Stems. It will solo each track and render a stem of each drum part to a new track.

Studio One Technical Support | QA
------------------------------------------------
Issue Reporting Add-On - Version 4.3.0
------------------------------------------------
Kontakt 6 | MOTU Mach 5 | Spitfire BBCSO Core & Albion One | Cinematic Studio Solo Strings | Vienna Synchron Prime | Cinesamples Musio | NI Session Horns Pro | Toontrack EZ Drummer, EZ Bass,& EZ Keys | Relab LX480 Complete | Soundtoys Little Plate & Echoboy

11 posts
Page 1 of 1