8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I have the following setup :
1 rack with : 1 newsonic stagerouter and 1 32R.
The 32R is connected via ethernet to the stagerouter.
The rack is powered with a powercon connector. The devices are connected via a socket to this powercon. After turning on the power all devices boot up.
The 32R is the first one to be ready, afterwards the stagerouter finishes.
I have fixed IP addresses set up.(Router: 192.168.1.1, 32R 192.168.1.2)

When everything is ready to rock I connect a laptop to the router over wifi. It gets a dynamic IP adress (192.168.1.9).
When I start UC surface it doesn't detect the 32R. I can ping it though.
Same for the QMix mobile devices.

I have to connect the usb cable to the 32R , set another IP to the 32 R, disconnect the usb and then UC surface does detect the 32R. Also Qmix detects the 32R now.

Anyone having the same issues or tips?
Pretty annoying i have to connect the laptop and reset the IP every time.

Also when I set the 32R to dynamic IP (DHCP) this doesn't work because the router isn't up and running when the 32R asks for an IP.

Regards,
Roel
by SwitchBack on Wed May 09, 2018 7:50 pm
Hi and welcome to the forums :)

I think you know what causes the problem: your router isn’t ready when the mixer expects it to. Easy to check if you have access to the mixer’s power switch.

Should bootup timing indeed be the problem then a faster booting router or delaying power to the mixer (using a time delayed relay) should solve the problem.
by roelschlijper on Thu May 10, 2018 2:26 am
Yes thats exactly the problem. But when I set it to a fixed IP this shouldn't be an issue.
I can ping the 32R. It looks like the 32R can't ping its gateway while booting and decides not to enable the UC control on ethernet.

I also own an StudioLive RM16AI which doesn't have this problem.

I can't access the powerswitch anymore inside the rack. No room left for my arm ;)
I'll check out those time delay relays. That should fix the problem if it just waits a few seconds to boot.
by SwitchBack on Sat May 12, 2018 4:59 am
The way things work, networking included, also depends on the version of firmware installed on your mixer. Keep an eye out for updates or try an older version to see if that makes a difference.
by zoso242 on Sat May 12, 2018 9:32 am
The 32 board is the same way. I have to make sure my router is powered up first before I turn the board on, or I can’t connect to it with my iPad. Even when using Static IP.
by bubbaguth on Sat May 12, 2018 1:38 pm
Hey Guys -

With the latest available firmware installed and no duplicate IP conflicting on your networks, booting up the mixer first, or the router first, or whatever, should not be ultimately creating problems and all your devices and your mixers should work just fine.

By you assigning static addresses to your devices with in the same range that your DHCP server on your router could be distributing them, you increase the risk of duplicate IP's on the network which is going to cause problems described within these posts and this is where I would start looking. You also then better make sure your Gateway and Subnet Masks are set properly if you set a manual address because this can cause problems too if not set right. If you have a DHCP server running on your router, I can't think of any reason why you then manually assign an IP address to your mixer...let the DHCP server on your router handle that to avoid these potential problems. I would start first by removing the static IP address and setting your mixer to Dynamic and see what happens. You may think you are pinging your mixer, but are you? How do you really know?

I have RM's, Series III racks/consoles, and NowSonic router and I don't have any of these issues and I know that my router is the last thing to be "online" when I flip the master power and the mixers simply keep requesting IP's and eventually they will get one and I am up and running.

So, I have provided at least one troubleshooting tip and validation that sequence order should not matter anymore. That's not to say that having your router up first is still is a best practice but the day's of this being required in the PreSonus ecosystem are over many firmware versions ago.

RM32AI, RM16AI, CS18AI, SL16, 32R, NSB 16.8, 328AI, 18sAI
MOTO AVB and 5WSE Switch
NowSonic Stage Router Pro
Microsoft Surface Pro
Apple iPad Pro
Macbook Pro
by bogarguzman on Sat May 26, 2018 9:51 pm
to roelschlijper,

Your issue is due to Networking IP address in your 32R mixer.

Change it to 192.168.1.7 for instance.

It is important to checks the range that is setup in your router for IPs to be assigned.
For instance, some routers have an IP pool starting with the ending 2, but some other changes it.
Also check the Subnet Mask, it must be the same.
I really thing your problem is networking with your router and connection of the Ethernet cables.
Also change the cables, it happens so often that the cables get broken.

I hope you find the culprit, be patient, networking is tricky and many times is just a number, a click or a comma instead of a dot.

Bogar

Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4
32 GB RAM
Studiolive 32 series III firmware 2.01.16038
Studio One Pro
by kyrrefritzner on Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:58 pm
my 32 series 3 mixer start to lag after ca 30 min working in daw mode , guess there is a network-ip apr issue ?
any solutions would be highly apriciated ?

8 posts
Page 1 of 1