66 postsPage 3 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4
@santeripilli
What I would do and have done in the past is to uninstall SO 4 and re-install after a restart of the Mac/PC and when the newly installed SO 4 is running I'll let it run and then set the folders to be re-scanned with the trustable 3'th party plugins I know works every time, then work from there on slowly with folders with other plugins until the culprit shows it's ugly head. It's the only way for me.

Putting in a ticket at Presonus Support would also be a good idea !
https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

My SO 2.0, 2.5, 3.5, 4.1 works perfectly on my MacBookPro, Windows 10 64 bit PC.

Satisfied Yes, Fanboy ? don't even know what that means. :lol:

:rtfm2:

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by Davelong on Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:22 pm
Yep, I was having a lot of crashes too - till I deleted a plugin that must have been incompatible with Studio 1. No crashes since then.

"Trashcan" 2013 Mac Pro / Apollo Quad, Apollo x8, Octo / Studio One Pro 4.6/ Townsend L22 mics
by Blades on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:28 pm
Even with piles of old plugins that don't even work in S1 (from Cakewalk/Sonar days) along with forcing it to use 32 bit plugs via a plugin wrapper for 32 bitness, I still have yet to have Studio One Crash once. It hasn't hung up, crashes, frozen, or really given me anything other than a few errors for things that I expected, such as a midi device that was no longer connected, etc.

Sure there are things that are less than perfect for me - some caused by the application, some by my lack of knowledge or workflow within the application, but it sounds like you, @santeripilli, are having issues that must be related to a configuration, a rogue plugin, or something ancillary to S1 itself - otherwise, if it were really this bad, how could anyone be using it!?!

I also have to ask, having seen you troll this forum with you r dissatisfaction for quite a while, "why don't you use a different application if you hate this one SO much?".

Drummer and Singer mostly with some limited Guitar/Bass/Keys and a love for tech.
My personal website, with some useful videos and other music related things: https://blades.technology

Using:
Self-built i7 8700k/16gb/all SSD, S1 4 Pro, +Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab, PreSonus Studio 18|24 USB, Faderport 8, Tranzport, Edirol PCR-800, Pearl Mimic Pro and Roland V-Drums kit & Console 1 with SSL4000e + British Class A..
by guitarism on Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:15 am
I just updated to v4 professional from v3.5 today. When I mute an audio track, the volume of the track is reduced but the sound is not muted. If I mute the event, it mutes as it should. Anyone else experiencing this?

2015 iMac 27" i7 with 32GB RAM
Sound Devices USBPre 2
Mac OS Monterey
Presonus Studio One 6
iPad Air
by shanabit on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:05 am
guitarism wroteI just updated to v4 professional from v3.5 today. When I mute an audio track, the volume of the track is reduced but the sound is not muted. If I mute the event, it mutes as it should. Anyone else experiencing this?

Im on HighSierra here, I dont have that issue

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by musicchamber on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:52 am
guitarism wroteI just updated to v4 professional from v3.5 today. When I mute an audio track, the volume of the track is reduced but the sound is not muted. If I mute the event, it mutes as it should. Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm on Mojave and I'm not getting that issue.

Best
Scott

Studio One Professional v6, Apple iMac Pro 14 core, 128gb memory, 4TB SSD. macOS Ventura, Main audio interface is RME Babyface Pro. Presonus 192, DP88 (not currently used), RC500, ADL600, Focusrite ISA430, TC4000 reverb, SPL Phonitor, Monitoring: Event Opal, IK Multimedia MTM Studio Monitors x 5, DMAX audio Super Cubes. HD800s mastering reference headphones. Sequential Prophet 12, Prophet 12 modules x4, E-MU 4XT Ultra, Roland Fantom 8, Korg Pa3x, Roland Fp7-F, MOTU midi express 128, Xkey air 37, Studiolive CS18, Atari STE with Notator plus loads of microphones and plugins etc
by matthewgorman on Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:37 am

Not sure if you did already, but go through and check to make sure that there are no instances of MixFX running, and adding bleed from that channel. Second check is to look at the sends on that track, and make sure there is no pre fader send to an FX channel or bus.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by torbjrnbergman on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:22 pm
How do you use a guitar synth (SynthAxe) with Studio One 4 ?

In Cubase you could choose the option "Any" and it would transmit all 6 channels correctly to a multitimbral synth like the Oberheim Xpander

Is this possible with Studio One 4 ?
by pawelhebda on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:25 pm
torbjrnbergman wroteHow do you use a guitar synth (SynthAxe) with Studio One 4 ?

In Cubase you could choose the option "Any" and it would transmit all 6 channels correctly to a multitimbral synth like the Oberheim Xpander

Unfortunately not :(
by Jemusic on Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:10 pm
torbjrnbergman wroteHow do you use a guitar synth (SynthAxe) with Studio One 4 ?

Well you may be able to do this with Studio One.

Normally when you create an External device in Studio One such as a Keyboard all 16 Midi channels are selected there. I am thinking what may work here is you need to create 6 External Devices (keyboards) here but for each of them only select one midi channel e.g. channel 1 for the first one, channel 2 for the second etc..So all of them will have the name SynthAxe with a different midi channel in the title. e.g. SynthAxe Ch1, SynthAxe Ch2 etc..

You set up 6 Instrument tracks now and for each input source you select each of the SynthAxe external instruments except Track 1 will have Ch 1 etc track 2 ch 2 etc..

This ensures that each track only receives the midi channel it is suppose to (as opposed to all 6 channels at once when all 16 are selected) This I know works because I have 3 midi controllers all connected to Studio One on 3 sep midi channels. e.g. I can play two handed on two keyboards and record them separately.

The outputs from each track can feed a multi timbral instrument e.g. Kontakt. (also the same multi timbral instrument) When an instrument track feeds a multi timbral instrument a menu appears with a drop down allowing you to send on each channel.

To play this live you will need to input monitor all 6 tracks.

What Studio One cannot do is record 6 midi channels on one instrument track but it can record 6 different midi channels onto 6 tracks.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by torbjrnbergman on Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:54 pm
Jemusic wrote

Well you may be able to do this with Studio One.

Normally when you create an External device in Studio One such as a Keyboard all 16 Midi channels are selected there. I am thinking what may work here is you need to create 6 External Devices (keyboards) here but for each of them only select one midi channel e.g. channel 1 for the first one, channel 2 for the second etc..So all of them will have the name SynthAxe with a different midi channel in the title. e.g. SynthAxe Ch1, SynthAxe Ch2 etc..

You set up 6 Instrument tracks now and for each input source you select each of the SynthAxe external instruments except Track 1 will have Ch 1 etc track 2 ch 2 etc..

This ensures that each track only receives the midi channel it is suppose to (as opposed to all 6 channels at once when all 16 are selected) This I know works because I have 3 midi controllers all connected to Studio One on 3 sep midi channels. e.g. I can play two handed on two keyboards and record them separately.

The outputs from each track can feed a multi timbral instrument e.g. Kontakt. (also the same multi timbral instrument) When an instrument track feeds a multi timbral instrument a menu appears with a drop down allowing you to send on each channel.

To play this live you will need to input monitor all 6 tracks.

What Studio One cannot do is record 6 midi channels on one instrument track but it can record 6 different midi channels onto 6 tracks.

Thanks I'll try it later !

God I miss my old Cubase soo much sometimes !
Everything just worked !
by guitarism on Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:41 pm
matthewgorman wrote

Not sure if you did already, but go through and check to make sure that there are no instances of MixFX running, and adding bleed from that channel. Second check is to look at the sends on that track, and make sure there is no pre fader send to an FX channel or bus.

That wasn't quite it but it gave me enough of an idea to track it down. "Sub 1" was on in Cue Mix. When I turned it off, it solved the problem. What I can't figure out is why it was on in the first place. I've never used Cue Mix.

THANKS

Sound Devices USBPre 2
Mac OS Monterey
Presonus Studio One 6
iPad Air
by dannylegrand1 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:13 pm
Please vote this up it’s just so important and still lacking in studio one
https://answers.presonus.com/22832/stud ... ent-plugin

Imac Retina 5K - Access Virus TI Snow - Access Virus Polar - Nord Lead 2X - Moog Sub 37 - StudioLogic Sledge Black - Arturia MatrixBrute - Korg MS20 - Doepfer Dark Energy - Doepfer Dark Time - Waldorf Blofeld - Focusrite Clarret 8PreX - UAD Apollo Twin Quad - UAD Satellite 2 Quad - ICON QCon Pro - Novation Impulse - 2 X Arturia Beatstep Pro - Genelec 8050BMW - Munro Sonic Egg 150 - KRK VXT8 - Mackie Big Knob -And much more !
by guitarism on Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:20 am
So it looks like I was wrong. It is something besides submix. I just opened a new empty song and set it to 44.1/16. I dragged in a wav file and played it. Then I set the mute button and it still plays back at a lower volume. It should be silent. Same exact steps in 3.5 and the mute works as expected. This is a bug.

Sound Devices USBPre 2
Mac OS Monterey
Presonus Studio One 6
iPad Air
by jih64 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:50 am
Strange, but I must say that I don't use a Mac, and have no desire to do so, but Studio One has been ROCK solid for me since I started using it when v3 was released, it simply doesn't crash, drop out . . . nothing, I have a very extensive collection of plugins, never had an issue. I think your problem is likely closer to home.

As for Alex (PreAl) don't worry about him, he isn't afraid to call a spade a spade, and has no problem speaking out if he thinks something is wrong, and he is quite a knowledgeable chap. I was on the Cakewalk forums at the same time he was for many years.

EDIT 'e'

[Edit 2]
hmmmm, my reply was to forum member 'santeripilli' who had a long post above this one which now seems to be gone, so if it doesn't make sense that's why. Not that I make much sense anyway.
Last edited by jih64 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For every Arthur C Clarke quoter, there is a know-all who likes to quote Arthur C Clarke
- unknown
by guitarism on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:46 pm
I did quite a bit more digging around and found where the problem is. Under Preferences/Advanced/Console, "Cue mix mute follows channel" was not checked. After checking it, muting a track is now working as expected.

Sound Devices USBPre 2
Mac OS Monterey
Presonus Studio One 6
iPad Air
by klypeman on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:41 am
@guitarism
So this wasn't a bug but an unchecked setting, I'm happy for you that you found a solution for your problem, try to read the manual as there are many goodies in there too.
Cheers !

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by guitarism on Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:24 am
This is not a "read the manual" issue. I had just upgraded and had not made any preference settings changes. The behavior should have remained the same as 3.5 by default.

Sound Devices USBPre 2
Mac OS Monterey
Presonus Studio One 6
iPad Air
by PreAl on Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:18 am
guitarism wroteThis is not a "read the manual" issue. I had just upgraded and had not made any preference settings changes. The behavior should have remained the same as 3.5 by default.

Then contact support and tell them.
Cheers.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by guitarism on Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:24 am
I did. Last week.

Sound Devices USBPre 2
Mac OS Monterey
Presonus Studio One 6
iPad Air

66 postsPage 3 of 4
1, 2, 3, 4