2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've been away from music and S1 for some time and I recently came back.
Obviously I got the latest S1. but I'm now left a little confused, perplexed, and annoyed all at the same time..

Don't take this as a rant or bitching its not. I just need to get these things off my chest .. and hopefully learn get caught up or be told the error of my way ...

Now When I took my leave of everything music, s1 was bustling with new macros /tools, helpers etc almost daily .
Now it seems most have disappeared, development stopped or people lost interest... not sure as there is no clear documentation or road map and even in the post's themselves where a picture should load you get a 404..? please someone send me links or post where this stuff has moved..
As its more then a a little confusing trying to make sense of it all.

Making use of the new cpus and the few dozen cores some already have now. What is the issue here ?
I like many others would really like to be able to be able to buy the faster cheaper system but still looks like the more expensive alternative with a stronger single core speed is the way to go.
Any explanation

No full screen on PC .......really? still not implemented ? And of course the little helper which did that and ram monitoring has gone.... I'm 100%perplexed at this...

Now something that has just got me so annoyed but at the same time so excited .

When S1 first came out one of the things I noticed right away was the 1 edit window, being locked by the main Q and Scale I felt then and still feel now it is a crutch in it's own way....
OK Sure so we can edit multiple midi in 1 window and as long as you don't mind dropping notes if you lock in a scale in order to avoid recording wrong notes its more then adequate...

BUT hold on a second...

Now we have a super fast and clean way of looking at poly rhythm and syncopation data but poop, right back to editing one kit or instrument at a time.....
And 100% if i'm missing an obvious way to edit multiple patterns at once ill be first in line to give me a slap.

But If I remember correctly.. I think it was explained the editor is tied to the main Q and scale or vise versa ...and then the channels in turn tied to the editor. hence the reason for the 1 editor window right? ...
I'm almost positive that's how it was explained But I could be wrong .

It still makes me ask myself, if the editor is at the center or core How does a new feature like step input/patterns bring a function or added layer which allows everything to gain that independence?

Because honestly.. now its only natural and obvious to think that this could or should be incorporated into the piano roll.. Whats really needed other then the piano roll to visually scale just like the pattern screen does? Given the added bonus of stacked variations as well as the thought of all the other things that could possibly be incorporated...
I'll be honest its got me pretty excited and I'm sure some writers will even get a little drool just thinking about the speed in which they would be able to envision and then implement at the creative stage without skipping a beat ..

Like I said at the beginning.. I needed to get that off my chest.
hopefully I haven't pissed everyone off and someone points me in the right directions for things
by aaronramirez2 on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:15 am
I cant really follow or understand what you are saying, but it sounds like you want to be able to see multiple midi tracks from one edit Window? If that is the case you can enable each track to edit in the same window from the Track List in the midi editor aka Ghost Notes

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz - 8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz - ASRock Z77 Extreme4M - 1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti (EVGA) - Presonus Audiobox 96 - Presonus Eris 3.5

2 posts
Page 1 of 1