Studiolive 32Ai, 24Ai and 16Ai Consoles with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote Ai, and QMix Ai
12 posts
Page 1 of 1
I was on with tech and we never got anything fixed. I just bought a dongle for the wireless and the usb port does not seem to power it up. It is a dongle that is supposed to work with this mixer.
I did the firmware update a couple of months ago and added a Dante card so the usbe worked then. Could the Dante card cause a problem to the usb?
I tried the dongle in a laptop and it worked but just don't seem to get any power in the mixer to the dongle. I tried a standard flash drive and the drive blinked when I restarted the mixer but when it was booted power was gone.
Has anyone had this issue before?
by matthewgorman on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:22 pm
I'm lost. Can you explain how you have everything set up? You are mentioning USB not working, but the 16.4.2 has no USB functionality.

Are you trying to use a firewire to USB dongle? They don't work.

Are you trying to use wireless with Dante? That does not work.

Need to know how you are set up, and what you are trying to do, to be of any help.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by scottholt3 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:45 pm
I have the Dante and everything with that all setup. The usb dongle is for the usb port on the top side of the mixer which is for the wireless to be able to run UC Surface on the ipad.
I'm not trying to hook up anything to the expansion card ports. I already have that part done.
by matthewgorman on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:52 pm
Got it. Is it the dongle that came with the mixer, or purchased from Presonus? Do you have a link to the product if you got it from somewhere else? There are 3rd party dongles that will work, but there is a specific chipset. Not all dongles are the same. The fact that it works in the laptop doesn't directly mean the fault is at the mixer. FWIW, I have not seen any issue with the Dante card messing with USB dongle functionality.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by scottholt3 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:55 pm
by sjc193 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:06 pm
There must also be a WIFI router involved. You can't connect an iPad straight to the dongle.

I'll add that you'd be much better off connected to a router with a hardwired ethernet as opposed to the dongle anyway IMO you must already have a network going, just add WIFI router to the network.

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 1 TurboSound iX15, 2 Yamaha S115V's
1 Crest Pro-Lite 7.5 (7500 watts) amp, 2 Behringer EP4000 amps
10 58/57 mics, 1 SM86, 1 sE8, 1 sE2200, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021
1 beta52 kick mic, 2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's, 1 PRO48 DI
2 4Bar lights, 1 4Play, 1 6Spot, 1 fog machine
by scottholt3 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:17 pm
Okay, I'll look into a router. Thanks.
by ForumAdmin on Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:44 pm
OP, we responded to your support request at 10:47 am today and are currently awaiting a response. Please work with the support tech to resolve your issue.

The Wireless USB Dongles have to be purchased from us, the driver is specific to the one designed for the mixer that we sell on our webstore. If you buy one after-market it won't work.

Forum Admin
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.
by scottholt3 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:06 pm
The Presonus tech guy said that dongle should work. And people on that site says it also should work because it worked for them.
With my lack of knowledge of the product I had missed that I needed a router. I have an access point that has wireless but I don't think that is going to work.
I am now trying a router. What security options should I use? WEP, WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK?
by matthewgorman on Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:17 pm
Security doesn't have to be anything significant in a closed audio network. No banking logins to steal from the mixer. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Any you listed should be ok.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by scottholt3 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:17 pm
Well, no matter what I do, I can't get the usb dongle to pick up any wireless from anything. It just seems dead.
If I go hardwired like suggested, I can't seem to get it to work. I have to have a network connection that is coming in from my Dante equipment but I would also need a connection from my router too. This causes problems and I'm not sure how to correct it. I can hook it up with either the router or the connection coming from the switch but both just don't seem to work. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.
by scottholt3 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:59 pm
Well, I did get it to finally go with the wired connection. I just had to fix a setting in the router I missed and my iPad works wirelessly with the mixer. I think I'll send the dongle back as I can't get it to work at all.

12 posts
Page 1 of 1