3 posts
Page 1 of 1
First of all I apologize if you are posting in the wrong area.

My question is in transforming the track to audio.
At the moment I do the process, I select everything correctly and soon after the finished process the new channel gets the volume in "0db" again. I wonder if this is normal or if there is any way to turn it into audio but without modifying the volume of the channel fader, as I would like it to continue on the same volume as I left.

Thanks.
Rivera.
by snb1 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:32 am
mikeanderson4 wroteFirst of all I apologize if you are posting in the wrong area.

My question is in transforming the track to audio.
At the moment I do the process, I select everything correctly and soon after the finished process the new channel gets the volume in "0db" again. I wonder if this is normal or if there is any way to turn it into audio but without modifying the volume of the channel fader, as I would like it to continue on the same volume as I left.

Thanks.
Rivera.

If you want to keep the fader in the same position, you would have to turn Render Inserts off.

Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 11.30.17 PM.png

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by Lawrence on Thu May 09, 2019 5:16 am
What Snb said is correct.

The point of "freeze" is to render the instrument or channel while not changing the sound or mix. If the channel has plugins on it the only way to do that and also render the plugins is to render through the channel, and that means the fader and pan has to go to unity/center for the sound to persist afterward, because the fader and pan settings will be rendered in the file.

If it's not rendering inserts it can just bounce the midi in place and leave the fader and pan alone.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1