9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is there any easier way. I spent ages setting up rulesets to get different articulations happening on my score in Notion 6. Then when I export to Studio One, I have to change it all to articulations via keyswitch notes, as they dont translate across systems. Is there an easier way or is this just what you have to do?
by michaelmyers1 on Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:56 am
There is a very easy way. In Notion, use File>Send to Studio One, select the option to send Notes, and Notion will automatically export all the notes, the tempo settings (including nTempo settings, if present), the dynamics, any VST instruments and their settings, AND the keyswitches associated with any rules you've used.

Revised something in the Notion score after export? Send it again, and select the option to Merge into Open Document. Notion will resend the data with the changes in place.

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
with small AOC monitor for additional display
macOS Ventura 13.4
2 - 500 gb + 2 - 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6 + Studio One 5 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com
by duncanmurray on Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:59 am
tried that, key switches are not exported,

this guy seems to have same problem

MIDI import from a Notion exported MIDI file does not import keyswitches to S1 viewtopic.php?f=151&t=20262
by michaelmyers1 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:31 pm
Make sure you have the option selected to Automatically Send Note Off messages in the ruleset editor before exporting.

macOS Ventura 13.4
JBL LSR310S subwoofer

by duncanmurray on Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:52 am
thanks Michael, Brilliant! that worked.
b.t.w
while I've got you here, do you happen to know if you can do the same thing with channel changes in Rulesets?

Also, sorry with all the questions, But are there rulesets already written for East West Symphonic Orchestra, available somewhere?
by michaelmyers1 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:41 pm
Glad to help!

I've had limited experience with channel change messages, but the experiments I've tried have failed since Studio One is designed to use only one MIDI channel per track.

I'm not certain about East West; There were presets at one time, but I think the functionality of them was broken at some point. I'd ask the question in a separate post. There are a lot of EW users here.

macOS Ventura 13.4
JBL LSR310S subwoofer

by duncanmurray on Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:01 am
thanks for all your help Michael, saved me a lot of time, I'll stick with key switches from now on with my rule sets.
by fedorvoronov on Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:04 am
For some reason, when I try throwing parts back and forth, notion creates new tracks from Kontakt instruments and not the preexisting tracks I have assigned it, thus my rulesets are not being recognised at all
by michaelmyers1 on Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:52 pm
fedorvoronov wroteFor some reason, when I try throwing parts back and forth, notion creates new tracks from Kontakt instruments and not the preexisting tracks I have assigned it, thus my rulesets are not being recognised at all

Not sure, but I always start with Notion, never S1. And I don't assign instruments there, only rules. Then I transfer to S1 and assign the instruments there. After that, there's usually no problems.

macOS Ventura 13.4
JBL LSR310S subwoofer

9 posts