Discuss Notion for iPad and iPhone here.
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Can't place ties across bar lines in handwriting zoom area mode with either Apple Pencil or finger. Slurs/ties within bar OK, but none across bar line. Works fine with handwriting in regular view.

See screen recording https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ivrc5 ... TFLeiLvLxA
Have tried all the usual iOS stuff, rebooting, deleting/reinstalling app, etc., no joy. Any ideas? Everything else works fine.
by markwarman on Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:25 am
You can of course tie and slur notes across barlines in the main score window, but you are right to point out that this doesn't seem to work in the zoom area.
by mikeradice1 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:20 pm
That video has no sound and it's difficult to understand what it's trying to do. My problem is that I'm trying to tie between two chords, and it's not allowing me to do that. I followed the directions in the manual, but when I place the tie between the bottom notes in the chord, and anywhere else between the chords, I click and nothing happens. Yes, I preselected the measure. Thanks for helping.
by christopherrussell on Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:42 pm
We’re talking iOS, right?

Let’s make sure that we’re talking the same language, just to be sure. You want to tie a note or chord across a bar line. The note/chord across the bar line is the same as the previous note/chord. Or has a common chord tone.

Enter both chords.

Then select the last chord and choose the “tie” button in the note value menu.

A tie should appear. If it doesn’t there is a chance that the notes/chords are in different voices...and this is correct functionality! To see voices, go to SETTINGS (gear icon), choose VIEW OPTIONS, and turn “Show Voice Colors” ON (you’ll have to scroll down too see it).

If you are looking to slur notes (two different notes/chords) across a bar line, they also need to be in the same voice, and you double tap the first measure, bringing up the selection box, and then move the handles to encompass the notes you want to slur. Then in the SELECTION BOX menu (Should automatically pop up), choose the slur tool. The slur should appear.

Using the handwriting tool (In App Purchase), I also seem to be able to create ties, but slurs do not work for me over a bar line.

• 2018 MacBook Pro i5, 2.3GHZ, 16GB RAM
  • 12.9" iPad Pro 2, 256GB, Apple Pencil
  • iPhone 8 Plus
Music Education (usually Choir, licensed in Band/General Music/Orchestra), Technology in Music Education, Arranging, Tuba, Tenor, Ukulele
by stephenbrat on Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:20 am
The issue which is making the big mistake if it continues done by it so that will be keeping the practice where they need the guidance iPhone repair Dubai for the issue that ties the across bar lines from it.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1