4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Has any one tried, if the Firestudio Tube can work with OSX Mojave? The driver UC 1.7.6 is mentioned to work with the Firestudio Project in the compatibility statement. So the question is: if that driver works, will it make a difference, if it's the Tube?

Any experiences?

MacBookPro 16" M1-Max 32 GB RAM 24C-grafics 1TB, using a 32" Samsung 4K display with Presonus Quantum 2626
MacOS 14 Sonoma (always latest version)
External harddiscs Samsung T7 or Sandisc Extreme USB-C or WD-Black 3.5" - 7200 rpm on USB 3.0 (connected via OWC-TB-4-dock)

Presonus Studio One Pro 6.X (latest version);
Celemony Melodyne Studio 5; Softube Console1 MK II (always latest versions)
PreSonus Faderport 8, PreSonus Atom, Atom SQ
by MarkusHassold on Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:03 am
Just seen, that the download site for the firestudio tube has been updated - so Mojave seems to be supported.

MacBookPro 16" M1-Max 32 GB RAM 24C-grafics 1TB, using a 32" Samsung 4K display with Presonus Quantum 2626
External harddiscs Samsung T7 or Sandisc Extreme USB-C or WD-Black 3.5" - 7200 rpm on USB 3.0 (connected via OWC-TB-4-dock)

by lancedixon on Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:01 am
Just seen, that the download site for the firestudio tube has been updated - so Mojave seems to be supported.
by MarkusHassold » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:03 am

Hello,
I'm having sync issues with a FireStudio Mobile => MBPro under 10.14.1
I am using a FW400 to FW800 to TB adapter. It worked fine in the studio one day, turned everything on next day and no sync - flashing alternating blue & red light.
Tests:
Connected old Firebox unit to iMac under 10.11 with direct FW400 connection = OK
Connected FS-Mobile same = OK
Tried old Firebox to MBPro = nothing
Tried FS-Mobile to MBPro with external power supply = no improvement.
Tech "ticket" waiting on reply - 1 week.
I've tried just about every version of U.C. available with all the usual deleting reinstalling rebooting time wasting - no improvement.
I have work waiting - if you have any pointers - thanks.

Ozfrog
by MarkusHassold on Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:04 am
Same Problem here - After updating to Mojave the Interfaces (Firestudio-Tube and Firestudio-Project daisy chained) worked, but seemed to have hiccups (one channel of a stereo-playback dimmed in and out). there still was UC 1.7.4 installed - 1.7.6 did not work well under high sierra - but 1.7.4 did perfectly).

With UC 1.7.6 under Mojave there first was no sync at all - even the Firestudio Project alone did not work. But that was a cable-issue.

Seems to be working quite fine. First recording showed, all channels give a decent signal - like I'm used to with my Firestudios.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1