Discuss using Dante, Audinate Software and Dante enabled consoles, etc.
11 posts
Page 1 of 1
I just bought a used (pristine) Studiolive 16.4.2 AI board with the hopes of using the Dante in it. After reading a lot of bad reports, would I be better off scratching the expansion card and going with something else to bring in the audio from the other venue?
What I mean in this case is having some type of Dante device in my studio that grabs the audio and then just use XLR cables to bring the audio to my mixer?
by matthewgorman on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:16 am
I would like to see more detail in what you are doing before I can answer.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by scottholt3 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:27 am
I'm going to be running audio from one venue to another around 1 mile away. It is a gig network with fiber between.
It is pretty basic. I will be taking announcer (play by play) and sending the audio to the studio from the gym. I will also have a crowd mic for added sound to not have a sterile background when play by play is not on. That's pretty much it at this point for sound coming to the mixer.

At the studio - (1) Presonus mixer with Dante card, (1) Studio-Tech 45DC
At the gym - (1) RDL DD-BN40, (1) Studio-Tech 45DC
by matthewgorman on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:49 am
I think you are as bit above my pay grade on this one, and I don't want to give you bad info.

Have you tried asking this question via a support ticket? That may be the most accurate answer fro you.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by roblof on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:16 pm
Since this application only is 2ch in one direction I’d buy the Audinate ADP-DAO-AU-0X2 for $180 map.

Now you can use any mixer you want that has analog inputs.

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by scottholt3 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:25 pm
To the mixer yes, one way, but I will also be doing communication via Clear-Com in studio to Eartec in the other venue. Communication between buildings is going to be happening. That is why some of the other pieces.
by roblof on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:23 pm
Then add another AVIO. Still cheaper than anything else.

scottholt3 wroteTo the mixer yes, one way, but I will also be doing communication via Clear-Com in studio to Eartec in the other venue. Communication between buildings is going to be happening. That is why some of the other pieces.

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by scottholt3 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:41 pm
So this will work with the Clear-Com system?
by scottholt3 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:43 pm
So at the gym, what would I use to replace the (1) RDL DD-BN40, (1) Studio-Tech 45DC and in the studio what would I use to replace the 45DC?
by scottholt3 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:22 pm
roblof wroteSince this application only is 2ch in one direction I’d buy the Audinate ADP-DAO-AU-0X2 for $180 map.

Now you can use any mixer you want that has analog inputs.

But my mixer is the StudioLive 16.4.2 AI and not analog.
by scottholt3 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:24 pm
Here is what I was told why the AVIO won't work for my Clear-Com intercom system.

If you plug that into the back of your intercom power supply, you will damage it because clearcom is not a balanced audio signal and has dc power on one of the contact. You can't plug a device expecting line level audio into clearcom party-line. That's why that studio-tech box exists. That's also why that clearcom tw-47 interface exists, to convert intercom to a line in and line out audio. If you want to use those audinate pieces, then I'm pretty sure you need the tw-47 at both ends, like my original drawing. That's what makes the studio-tech piece so apealing. It does the conversion from party-line bi-directional audio to Dante and then converts it back at the other end.

11 posts
Page 1 of 1