Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
10 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm looking for something that can operate the 192 software (Mixer interface) that one gets when they install the PreSonus drivers/software.

I'd like physical sliders or knobs that I adjust without having to bring up the 192 software based mixer.

Does PreSonus have anything like this?

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: I'm looking at the PreSonus FaderPort 8 controller but it seems to indicate it ONLY works with the Studio One DAW software and not the "native" mixer interface that comes with the 192.
by Trucky on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:45 am
The current PreSonus control surfaces are designed to support Studio One and other DAWs

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by matthewgorman on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:37 am
robainscough wroteI'm looking for something that can operate the 192 software (Mixer interface) that one gets when they install the PreSonus drivers/software.

I'd like physical sliders or knobs that I adjust without having to bring up the 192 software based mixer.

Does PreSonus have anything like this?

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: I'm looking at the PreSonus FaderPort 8 controller but it seems to indicate it ONLY works with the Studio One DAW software and not the "native" mixer interface that comes with the 192.

At this time, there is no hardware solution to control the 192, only software options.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by robainscough on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:29 pm
Thanks for the information Matt … hopefully in the future PreSonus will add support for the control surfaces they sell so we can mix native (aka no DAW present). Perhaps use their Studio One code and apply that to the native mixer. I'd buy their control surface if they did.

Cheers, Rob.
by matthewgorman on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:41 pm
Just curious, are you trying to use this as a live mixer? I don't see support coming for an application like that, since that is out of the design scope for the product.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by robainscough on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:53 pm
Yes to Live as I don't really need the DAW aspect for this use case … was hoping it would be relatively simple to take their existing Studio One code for Fader Port 8 or 16 support and include it in the "native mixer" software/driver set.

Not sure I understand why that would be "out of scope"? Studio One is software, the Native Mixer is software … Fader Port 8/16 connects via USB. Being a software engineer by trade, seems very "in scope" IMHO.

Increases the use case functionality of the 192 (hence more sales), increases sale of Fader Port 8/16 … leverages code that already exists in Studio One DAW … seems very in scope and monetarily beneficial for PreSonus and minimal software engineer/development time.

Cheers, Rob.
by matthewgorman on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:15 pm
Out of scope meaning the 192 is a studio interface, and Presonus already has a line of mixers.

Its probably not as easy as we think. Studio One and UC Net are totally different platforms. UC Net is the control protocol in the background. Universal Control is the software mixing surface, as as of now does not work with hardware other than the mixers.

On top of that, you would still need a computer to make it all work. There is a limitation in the hardware, on both sides of the equation, that would prevent the 192 and FP from connecting.

In the past, many users did use the 1818 interface as a small mixer, and that also had remote control via VSL software for Ipad, but that connected and operated differently.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by robainscough on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:22 pm
Being a software engineer for 34 years, I'll disagree.

The USB interfacing code to the Fader 8/16 is already there … moving that code to the Native Mixer software shouldn't be that difficult as I'd imagine it's all C++ or VC++. There is no "hardware" barrier … if there were then the Fader 8/16 wouldn't work with Studio One software either.

Cheers, Rob.
by matthewgorman on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:31 pm
Just trying to help with expectations.

By hardware limitation, I am referring to the issue of connecting the FP directly to the 192.

The best thing to do at this point would be to put in a feature request at answers.presonus.com. Better to look for an existing request for the same, and vote that up, instead of creating a new one.

Good luck.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by davidhermanson on Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:35 pm
I realise that you're looking for a direct hardware control, but that doesn't exist.

To get back to practical issues of controlling the Studio 192 mobile:

Is there some reason you don't want to use UC Surface? it's available for both IOS and (gulp) Android, and gives the user full control over the 192 Mobile. I use it with a 12.9 inch iPad, and actually prefer it to using Studio One in many circumstances. The controls are great.

I do use Studio One on my Mac with a Faderport 8 for this purpose as well. Studio One, once setup, can stay in the background on the iMac. The Faderport 8 works well with the 192 Mobile this way.

I've also used my iPad running [i]Studio One Remote[/i] as a 192 Mobile controller, when I need more from Studio One than the 192 Mobile control of UC Surface offer.

Just as an aside - it works with most DAWs quite well, not just Studio One.. When I first purchased the Faderport 8 I used it with Logic X and several older Reaper projects with remarkably little difficulty.

10 posts
Page 1 of 1