Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
39 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
This seems to be an issue reported when 2.9.0 was released. Somehow I managed to skip 2.9.0 (which I believe they removed), but 2.9.1 was released today and I attempted to update to it (I was unaware of 2.9.0 issues). The install was fine and after I started UC, it said there was a firmware update and so I did it. After the update and restarting the device, the light stays red and UC says my device is unresponsive (DSP version is vInvalid). I tried to update firmware again, but it said it's already up to date.

I rolled back to UC 2.8 and still it doesn't work. I then rolled back to 1.5 where the update firmware anyway option is available, but it fails with error 2010.

I have now opened a support ticket. Did anyone with the issue on 2.9.0 manage to get it resolved? I see the forum post is locked.
by jesusrivera2 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:18 pm
I updated to version 2.9.0 and the update broke my 192. I'm waiting for my unit to get fix. it is almost a month with this issue. I think presonus needs to stay on version 2.8 until they solve this issue, or warn user about update to 2.9 or 2.9.1.
My first time having real problems with presonus hardware. :(

Crosshair Formula V, Windows 10 1809, 16 Gb Ram, FX 6300, Presonus Studio 192. Cubase 9.5, Ableton 10, Studio one Artist
by craigdunford on Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:45 pm
What is the status of your ticket open with support? Have they said what they plan to do to fix the issue?
by jesusrivera2 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:59 pm
craigdunford wroteWhat is the status of your ticket open with support? Have they said what they plan to do to fix the issue?

My ticket is close and I'm waiting for my 192 unit. When i get back my unit, I'm not going to update the firmware again, i think I'm going to stay on version 2.8.
I'm afraid this issue happen again when i update the firmware again. :|

Crosshair Formula V, Windows 10 1809, 16 Gb Ram, FX 6300, Presonus Studio 192. Cubase 9.5, Ableton 10, Studio one Artist
by craigdunford on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:11 pm
So they had you ship it back for repairs? How old was yours and was it still under warranty? My is nearly 3 years old and I don't think it is covered anymore.
by jesusrivera2 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:22 pm
craigdunford wroteSo they had you ship it back for repairs? How old was yours and was it still under warranty? My is nearly 3 years old and I don't think it is covered anymore.

I think you need to talk to a support tech with your ticket, i don't know much about repairs. Make sure ur 192 unit is register.

by craigdunford on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:31 pm
Yeah I have a support ticket opened in the very early stages. Just wondering how yours played out.
by jesusrivera2 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:39 pm
craigdunford wroteYeah I have a support ticket opened in the very early stages. Just wondering how yours played out.

Is always better to have backup until presonus fix ur issue.
Presonus is going to take time to fix ur unit.

by myronn369 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:11 pm
Same thing here Craig, open a ticket today. haven't been able to find a answer online.
by jesusrivera2 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:48 pm
myronn369 wroteSame thing here Craig, open a ticket today. haven't been able to find a answer online.

The only way is to talk to the support tech.
I think presonus does not know how to fix this issue.
Best way is to open a ticket. I have being dealing with this issue for a month and it takes time to fix this issue. I'm waiting for my 192 unit, this issue is really a pain, since is my daily tool.
I have an old interface backup, until my unit arrive.

by sherofiguess on Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:31 am
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Same here, 2.9 bricked mine, I worked extensively with tech support and they finally sent out a replacement. I got it last week but waited until yesterday to register it, it was working fine, and along comes this 2.9.1 update(which in hindsight I should have ignored) but I guessed they fixed the problem from 2.9 (the update now message at the top is also annoying). Anyway I had no such luck, now I'm on my second bricked studio 192!!!! This is like a recurring nightmare at this point. I setup a completely different workstation, with a new OS install while I was out of commission, and the 192 failed while the computer was off, I was wanting it to boot to pre-amp mode.
by jesusrivera2 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:44 am
sherofiguess wroteOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Same here, 2.9 bricked mine, I worked extensively with tech support and they finally sent out a replacement. I got it last week but waited until yesterday to register it, it was working fine, and along comes this 2.9.1 update(which in hindsight I should have ignored) but I guessed they fixed the problem from 2.9 (the update now message at the top is also annoying). Anyway I had no such luck, now I'm on my second bricked studio 192!!!! This is like a recurring nightmare at this point. I setup a completely different workstation, with a new OS install while I was out of commission, and the 192 failed while the computer was off, I was wanting it to boot to pre-amp mode.

Presonus needs to stop updating the 192 unit until they find what is causing this problem.
I don't want to get the same isssue every time a get to update the unit. Again Presonus needs to warn people about this new updates, both 192 unit have the same problems.
Last edited by jesusrivera2 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

by craigdunford on Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:45 am
sherofiguess wroteOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Same here, 2.9 bricked mine, I worked extensively with tech support and they finally sent out a replacement. I got it last week but waited until yesterday to register it, it was working fine, and along comes this 2.9.1 update(which in hindsight I should have ignored) but I guessed they fixed the problem from 2.9 (the update now message at the top is also annoying). Anyway I had no such luck, now I'm on my second bricked studio 192!!!! This is like a recurring nightmare at this point. I setup a completely different workstation, with a new OS install while I was out of commission, and the 192 failed while the computer was off, I was wanting it to boot to pre-amp mode.

Did you have to send yours back to get a replacement?
by sherofiguess on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:06 pm
craigdunford wrote
sherofiguess wroteOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Same here, 2.9 bricked mine, I worked extensively with tech support and they finally sent out a replacement. I got it last week but waited until yesterday to register it, it was working fine, and along comes this 2.9.1 update(which in hindsight I should have ignored) but I guessed they fixed the problem from 2.9 (the "update now" message at the top is also annoying). Anyway I had no such luck, now I'm on my second bricked studio 192!!!! This is like a recurring nightmare at this point. I setup a completely different workstation, with a new OS install while I was out of commission, and the 192 failed while the computer was off, I was wanting it to boot to pre-amp mode.

Did you have to send yours back to get a replacement?

Yes I did have mine sent in, but only after two weeks of following all the steps that tech support asked me to try in failed attempts to solve the problem.
Last edited by sherofiguess on Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by craigdunford on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:52 pm
Looks like 2.9.1 has been pulled. I see 2.8.0 as latest on the download site.
by sherofiguess on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:46 pm
craigdunford wroteLooks like 2.9.1 has been pulled. I see 2.8.0 as latest on the download site.

I see the same thing, and they have a warning on 2.9.1 downloads on other devices pages now
https://www.presonus.com/products/Quantum/downloads

"WARNING: Users of Studio 192, Studio 192 Mobile and ATOM devices should NOT use Universal Control 2.9.1 and should use UC 2.8 until further notice."
by jBranam on Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:09 pm
Gee :roll:

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by sherofiguess on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:36 am
Another small detail, if you're running Mac OS and have a Studio 192, you should not update to 10.14 Mojave because UC 2.8 is not compatible/supported on Mojave
by carstenpraeel on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:58 am
Hi everybody,

I got this problem on september 14th. After updating the firmware I got the message -invalid bootloader-. There was no way to start the interface. No way to load an older firmware. I contacted the support via ticket (it's Baton Rouge I think, I'm from Berlin/ Germany and there is a small difference due to the time zones -7h) and I described my problem: ...and so our story began: little pigs, little pigs...
:roll:
I had a big production the next day on Saturday but without Studio 192. All the communication between me and the Presouns Support "Team" was a f*****g joke. I don't know where the hell Presonus Support is, maybe in India, in Baton Rouge or on Mars, but these guys don't care. After sending my System NFO, I got advice to turn off antivirus, reboot, reload the firmware - which of course did not go - and maybe watch with my girlfriend animals in the zoo. And that although I had screenshots of the error message -invalid bootloader- emailed. :rtfm2:

...not by the hair on my chinny...

Well, the communication broke off, suddenly after friday it would be saturday and that means: it's the weekend. No help, no solution until next week, it's the same everywhere in the western world if you do not have 24 hours support.
My solution with the bricked interface startet on next monday: I brought it back to the dealer. In germany there is a 3-year manufacturer's warranty and after 3 weeks I got back a repaired interface without any costs. So, that's it. :punk:
But the important thing is, the next weeks there was no communication between the support and me. No other ideas to solute the problem. They closed the ticket and that's it. What the hell is going on there?

...huffin' and puffin'...
by jesusrivera2 on Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:24 pm
The support was very helpful but it took some time to fix my Unit, now I'm back working in my projects. I hope presonus stay on 2.8 until they resolve this issue. The unit is working really great with the update 2.8 and i think I'm going to keep using the studio 192 because of their great dsp effects and Zero latency,
I'm not ready for thunderbolt. ;)

39 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2