StudioLive RM32Ai and RM16Ai Mixers & UC Surface with QMix Ai
169 postsPage 8 of 9
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
dominickabbatielloiii wroteI can't say how disappointed I am at long it is taking for MIDI to be implemented. That is the main feature that I purchased the RM16 mixer for.

I convinced the board for our small community theatre with our very limited budget to purchase this system so, for most shows, we can use one operator to run the show. The plan is (was as it seems, since the MIDI implementation will never come) to have our lighting board or sound program send MIDI commands to fire cues on the RM16 mixer.

Now I have major egg on my face as other options were much less expensive.

How do I go back to them and say we spent $1,000.00 on a mixer that does not work as advertised?

Don't say 'Well if it was't working when you bought it shame on you". The mixer was advertised as having MIDI and there are jacks on it for MIDI so, we had an expectation that MIDI would work.

$1,000.00 isn't much to some people but that is a major investment for our 99 seat converted two room school house. Every penny counts to us so we can keep the doors open.

Major disappointment. I can't in good coincidence recommend a company that leaves customers out to dry without any recourse except to buy new equipment.

I guess our neighboring community theatre made the right decision not going with the RM series and using a conventional mixer board.

It's a real disappointment indeed... I've been waiting, since 2014 when I bought the RM32AI, for MIDI implementation. It's almost halfway through 2018 already! I was hoping to use QLab to trigger scene changes as well.
by alexandrgorscov on Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:57 pm
Why not write an official letter from the community to require them to publish at least an SDK or sources if they don't want to work on it anymore?
We could raise funds and develop needed firmware ourselves
by allendotson on Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:27 am
alexandrgorscov wroteWhy not write an official letter from the community to require them to publish at least an SDK or sources if they don't want to work on it anymore?
We could raise funds and develop needed firmware ourselves

This! Allowing the community to continue development on a system that is more capable than the series 3 system would be a very good thing. As a programmer, I would love this.
by alexandrgorscov on Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:00 am
Anyway, it is almost discontinued and mot going to be manufactured anymore. Who cares if the software/firmware would be developed by the community and shared by the community. Even, I think, it would be better - because the hardware may become very popular
by roblof on Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:10 am
Since the mixers and speakers are based on Linux it should be possible to request the gnu/gpl-related stuff, installer plus the additional propetiary binaries from Presonus to build a complete system.

In addition to this I’m still saddened to see that presonus still doesn’t comply to the gnu/gpl license in general, even though I’ve brought it to their attention several years ago.

alexandrgorscov wroteAnyway, it is almost discontinued and mot going to be manufactured anymore. Who cares if the software/firmware would be developed by the community and shared by the community. Even, I think, it would be better - because the hardware may become very popular

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by alexandrgorscov on Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:25 am
roblof wroteSince the mixers and speakers are based on Linux it should be possible to request the gnu/gpl-related stuff, installer plus the additional propetiary binaries from Presonus to build a complete system.

In addition to this I’m still saddened to see that presonus still doesn’t comply to the gnu/gpl license in general, even though I’ve brought it to their attention several years ago.

alexandrgorscov wroteAnyway, it is almost discontinued and mot going to be manufactured anymore. Who cares if the software/firmware would be developed by the community and shared by the community. Even, I think, it would be better - because the hardware may become very popular

Once they don't put it to attention we could start a project by ourselves which would be rude enough and more difficult, but possible.
May be we have a lawyer here who could bring them to attention officially?

It is still possible to run an independent firmware project. The trouble is that if they get angry, we may lose any official support and updates .
by gothink1 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:01 am
Hi everyone. This seems to be the place to mention some thoughts on this. I am a current mix system owner and I have contacted Presonus as well as several prominent AVB component manufacturers about how this problem could be solved.

Of course the PreSonus answer is always the same given one, actually copy paste : (

I realize PreSonus has made several statements on this and basically it looks like there will never be support between the two eco-systems. However I would like to add some information for consideration:

I have spent time researching 1722 and 1722.1 inter-oprability or conversion. I then contacted a number of AVB developers about this subject. (One of them even knows someone at PreSonus and called them regarding it) Three of the companies: AudioScience, Attero Tech, and XMOS.

Each one told me basically the same thing: I would have get PreSonus on-board to share code and issues to make any progress. BUT each one of them indicated that they felt it was purely a software/mapping issue. But of course no one will ever know or get a chance to do anything unless PreSonus releases the code and makes it open to us.

This led me to the next question which involves the SW5e switch which I purchased. How is it possible for this device to work in BOTH eco systems but yet neither one can communicate with one another while connected to it!? AudioScience makes a Custom Hono AVB device AND Hono AVB controller software which DO exactly that between 1722 and 1722.1 devices (including clock support) Unfortunately the AVB software does not see the my RM32ai or RM16ai, but it does see my AVB enabled Mac. (The device is made to work with thier own components at the moment and only 1722.1 AVB 3rd party devices)

One explanation from PreSonus is the developer closed its doors and did not complete the coding. Even if this is the case, why not develop a new card? If you are worried that everyone owner will want one for free, then stipulate that there is a cost, set that cost at the level at which is sensible but pays for the production and development.

I truly believe that PreSonus has everything to gain by trying to solve this problem of the "two eco-systems cannot work together". It doesnt need to be FULL support, but at least some usabillity between the two systems. In this way people can upgrade piece by piece, adding mixers when they actually want or need the lastest greatest features. As it is now they are forcing people to choose between them, and even worse forcing current loyal customers to basically abandon the old for the new which leaves a bit of a sour feeling. Not to mention the "future" promises that still havent happened.

If resources are the main issue, I am willing to spearhead a kick-starter style campaign to help solve the problem. Maybe its basically a new RM/AI thunderbolt or USB card, maybe its a converter box, maybe its actually retrofitting with a new board if necessary -- Some of us will pay to keep our systems out of legacy.

I think there are viable solutions which could be:
    1. Open source code release for 3rd party development
    2. Funding for a new card by a kick-starter campaign
    3. Manufacture of new card (the networking is in the card as evidence by the fact there is a Dante card)
    4. Turn the series into the "Presonus Dante" solution exclusively and actually build up on that with new products (this would mean simply dropping the old AVB and letting the series be only Dante -- with some functionalities reworked)
    5. A simple rebate exchange AVB for Dante card program (with some cost incurred by customers and some by PreSonus)

Thats my 2 cents... would love to hear what others think....

I will keep my system in the end but it is shame to see such a versatile system that currently has features unavailable in the series III go to waste. I am currently beta testing the new firmware and still have some hopes to see what will happen, but I am not holding my breath.

StudioLive AVB 16_32_48 AI Mix System

CS18AI | RM32AI | RM16AI | SW5E Switch
Huawei WS322 5Ghz Router | Static Manual IPs
3x iPad | Mac mini | Apple FW to Thunderbolt Adapter
Mac OSX 10.13.5 High Sierra

Previously owned: SL 16.4.2 | 1818VSL
by dirkalexander on Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:54 am
Any updates ?? When will we get MIDI ?
by wahlerstudios on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:02 am
We can celebrate our RM's fourth birthday soon. On September 1, 2014 PreSonus introduced the "StudioLive RM-series Rack-Mount Digital Mixers", and the " MIDI I/O" was mentioned. On June 8, 2016 PreSonus introduced the second generation of the rack mixers, the RML series, with added line inputs. Interestingly there is no mention of MIDI in the 2016 press release. Half a year later (January 19, 2017) a press release says "PreSonus Unveils Third-Generation StudioLive Consoles"...

I does not look like that there is any development going on for the RM/RML rack mixers and the CS18AI controller. The new firmware (beta phase since April) does not bring "new" features, at least I haven't discovered any. The Series III mixers have no MIDI at all.

Just saying...
by wahlerstudios on Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:32 am
"It looks like there will never be support between the two eco-systems" (post of gothink1 on June 26, 2018)

I just wanted to add this photo to the brillant post of gothink1. The photo shows where everything is ending. Both mixers show up in UC Surface and you can toggle between the riders, but the mixers stay separate, they share no functionality. The AVB switch used in this constellation was a SW5E. Next time I will try the MOTU AVB switch, but I don't expect a different result.

It's very interesting to see UC Surface following to the mixer selected and to compare the two generations of rack mixers in all details...

Attachments
DSCN8585_800.jpg
by wahlerstudios on Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:34 pm
The photo says it all...

Attachments
DSCN8579_800.jpg
by slamecka on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:04 am
I just purchased an RML16AI and I like the suggestion made a couple posts ago about Presonus offering a discount on the Dante interface card to RM/RML owners. For those of us that have no interest in the CS18i, the AVB function is useless since it's not compatible with the 1722.1 specification. Essentially we have a non-networkable mixer sold as a networkable mixer.

This seems like a reasonable request since Presonus is apparently not planning to develop a new AVB interface card for the RM series. The cost of the current Dante card is pretty high at $599US in relation to the cost of a new RML. Sure, other manufacturers' Dante interface cards are more expensive but they are going into mixers costing 2x - 5x the cost of an RM series mixer. I also note that Yamaha only charge $399 for the Dante card that goes into their TF series which is a direct competitor to Studiolive Series III mixers.

I'm baffled by Presonus apparently foregoing Dante as a future option. There's is frankly no way AVB will catch Dante in the marketplace and today's consumer values flexibility. AVB - despite being an open-standard - looks like a lock-in move by vendors as there are so few AVB solutions on the market.

So come on Presonus - if you're abandoning Dante at least throw a bone to the people who bought into AVB in the RM/CS18i by giving half of that solution a cost effective off-ramp to Dante. It will at least give you the oppty to keep half of those buyers as future Presonus customers once AES67 becomes prevalent in the market (provided you have a future AES67-compliant Dante interface to replace the current one). Less money today is more money in your pocket tomorrow and more satisfied customers. You won't be able to ignore Dante at the rate of adoption in the industry.
by deonstassen on Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:50 pm
Can Presonus at least update firmware to allow the CS18AI to also be used as a control surface for other DAW's than Studio One (i.e. Pro Tools, Cubase, etc.)? At least that could also help soften the blow of feeling I now own a brick.

SuperMuso
CS18AI | RML32AI | DIGIMAX FS | SW5E
by jackflash1 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:02 pm
...muble...muble...I read a bit of forum ... in your opinion if i connect two RM32 in cascade through the AVB what type of signals goes from tue AVB? the channels or the mixs?
And if you connect them by AVB but not activate the cascade mode and in one mr32 selects all networks inputs, do channels arrive to the second mr32?
is the protocol the same for both?
Considering exist the function stage box, this means that the channels via AVB come out.
What do you think about this?
by wahlerstudios on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:00 pm
Cascading two RM/RML mixers is only possible via AVB. There is no other option. Cascading means that the channels of both mixers are added to one 64 channel mixer. The outputs will NOT get cascaded, but merged. Both mixers share the same signals on all 19 outputs (16 Auxes, L/R, Mono).

No cascading leaves both mixers as they are. They have no connection and share no signals. They show up as separate mixers in UC Surface and the UCNET page of a CS18AI.

The only way to "split" input signals is to cascade the mixers and de-cascade them immediately. Now 32 inputs are shared (can't be routed), but unfortunately the outputs get separated... This makes the second RM/RML (the Slave) simply useless.

There is no dedicated "stage box function" or mode, but if you place one RM (Master) at FOH and one RM (Slave) on stage, cascade them and select "Network" as input of all channels on the Master, the Slave on stage works as stagebox. This reduces the amount of input channels to 32 (minus the two AVB channels 31 and 32), but you can use one "set" of channels for PA mix and the other set for monitor mix with separate processing.

It's a pity that the new versions of firmware and UC Control/Surface make cascading a Russian roulette experience...

There are some interesting threads in the CS18Ai Control Surface forum (viewforum.php?f=233) and this one might be especially interesting: "cs18ai with rm32ai and rm16ai" (viewtopic.php?f=233&t=31674).
by colinbart on Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:12 am
slamecka wrote So come on Presonus - if you're abandoning Dante at least throw a bone to the people who bought into AVB in the RM/CS18i by giving half of that solution a cost effective off-ramp to Dante. It will at least give you the oppty to keep half of those buyers as future Presonus customers once AES67 becomes prevalent in the market (provided you have a future AES67-compliant Dante interface to replace the current one). Less money today is more money in your pocket tomorrow and more satisfied customers. You won't be able to ignore Dante at the rate of adoption in the industry.

In order to implement AES67, Presonus doesn't even have to design and manufacturer a new card. Audinate provides the framework for Dante interface upgrades. It is the responsibility of the manufacturer to implement it in the form of firmware updates for the cards. AES67 framework has been available from Audinate for two years now. Every other manufacturer jumped on it and upgraded the firmware for their Dante option cards immediately. It should take a couple weeks to a couple months at most to implement, given the resources Audinate provides to manufacturers. This would allow both ecosystems to communicate with one another. It's a no brainer.
by Karyn on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:57 am
The Dante card is about the only thing in the entire AI/RM range that actually works as advertised. I'd hate for them to screw it up as well trying to implement AES67 that most people wouldn't use..

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by christhomas15 on Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:52 am
deonstassen wroteCan Presonus at least update firmware to allow the CS18AI to also be used as a control surface for other DAW's than Studio One (i.e. Pro Tools, Cubase, etc.)? At least that could also help soften the blow of feeling I now own a brick.

To be honest if every cs18ai owner and rm owner would vote in the studiolive series feature request for Mcu and Hui support we may have a chance but we all have to vote. I would love to use the cs18ai with the SSL mixer in reason 10 rewired In studio one 4 pro. But we have to vote

Presonus Audiobox USB
Presonus Studio1810
presonus Atom
StudioLive CS18AI
Presonus SW5E
Studio one artist
Studio one 4 Professional
Behringer BCF2000
Reason 10
M Audio Keyrig49
M Audio AV40
Presonus Eris E5
Presonus Temblor T10
Akai XR20
CAD Audio GXL 2200
Shure SRH 840
EX 29 Extreme Isolation
OS Windows 10
24Gb Ram
Amd 8320
Sapphire RX 580 Nitro +
by alexandrgorscov on Sat May 11, 2019 1:34 pm
If the midi device is present, it should be here...
Code: Select all
Linux version 2.6.37+ (bob@ubuntu) (gcc version 4.3.3 (GCC) ) #819 PREEMPT Tue Jul 26 12:03:50 CDT 2016
CPU: ARM926EJ-S [41069265] revision 5 (ARMv5TEJ), cr=00053177
CPU: VIVT data cache, VIVT instruction cache
Machine: Presonus OMAP-L138 Platform
Memory policy: ECC disabled, Data cache writeback
DaVinci da850/omap-l138/am18x variant 0x1
On node 0 totalpages: 24576
free_area_init_node: node 0, pgdat c034e6c0, node_mem_map c0360000
  DMA zone: 192 pages used for memmap
  DMA zone: 0 pages reserved
  DMA zone: 24384 pages, LIFO batch:3
pcpu-alloc: s0 r0 d32768 u32768 alloc=1*32768
pcpu-alloc: [0] 0
Built 1 zonelists in Zone order, mobility grouping on.  Total pages: 24384
Kernel command line: mem=96M console=ttyS2,115200n8 noinitrd ubi.mtd=2 rootfstype=ubifs root=ubi0:rootfs rootflags=sync lpj=1134592 quiet
PID hash table entries: 512 (order: -1, 2048 bytes)
Dentry cache hash table entries: 16384 (order: 4, 65536 bytes)
Inode-cache hash table entries: 8192 (order: 3, 32768 bytes)
Memory: 96MB = 96MB total
Memory: 93940k/93940k available, 4364k reserved, 0K highmem
Virtual kernel memory layout:
    vector  : 0xffff0000 - 0xffff1000   (   4 kB)
    fixmap  : 0xfff00000 - 0xfffe0000   ( 896 kB)
    DMA     : 0xff000000 - 0xffe00000   (  14 MB)
    vmalloc : 0xc6800000 - 0xfea00000   ( 898 MB)
    lowmem  : 0xc0000000 - 0xc6000000   (  96 MB)
    modules : 0xbf000000 - 0xc0000000   (  16 MB)
      .init : 0xc0008000 - 0xc0025000   ( 116 kB)
      .text : 0xc0025000 - 0xc032e000   (3108 kB)
      .data : 0xc032e000 - 0xc034f300   ( 133 kB)
SLUB: Genslabs=13, HWalign=32, Order=0-3, MinObjects=0, CPUs=1, Nodes=1
Preemptable hierarchical RCU implementation.
   RCU-based detection of stalled CPUs is disabled.
   Verbose stalled-CPUs detection is disabled.
NR_IRQS:245
Console: colour dummy device 80x30
Calibrating delay loop (skipped) preset value.. 226.91 BogoMIPS (lpj=1134592)
pid_max: default: 32768 minimum: 301
Mount-cache hash table entries: 512
CPU: Testing write buffer coherency: ok
DaVinci: 144 gpio irqs
regulator: core version 0.5
regulator: dummy:
NET: Registered protocol family 16
bio: create slab <bio-0> at 0
SCSI subsystem initialized
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
usbcore: registered new device driver usb
Switching to clocksource timer0_1
musb-hdrc: version 6.0, host, debug=0
musb-hdrc musb-hdrc: dma type: dma-cppi41
Waiting for USB PHY clock good...
musb-hdrc: ConfigData=0x06 (UTMI-8, dyn FIFOs, SoftConn)
musb-hdrc: MHDRC RTL version 1.800
musb-hdrc: setup fifo_mode 2
musb-hdrc: 9/9 max ep, 4032/4096 memory
musb-hdrc musb-hdrc: MUSB HDRC host driver
musb-hdrc musb-hdrc: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-0:1.0: 1 port detected
musb-hdrc musb-hdrc: USB Host mode controller at fee00000 using DMA, IRQ 58
NET: Registered protocol family 2
IP route cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
TCP established hash table entries: 4096 (order: 3, 32768 bytes)
TCP bind hash table entries: 4096 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
TCP: Hash tables configured (established 4096 bind 4096)
TCP reno registered
UDP hash table entries: 256 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
UDP-Lite hash table entries: 256 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
NET: Registered protocol family 1
EMAC: RMII PHY configured, MII PHY will not be functional
JFFS2 version 2.2. (NAND) © 2001-2006 Red Hat, Inc.
msgmni has been set to 183
io scheduler noop registered (default)
Serial: 8250/16550 driver, 3 ports, IRQ sharing disabled
serial8250.0: ttyS0 at MMIO 0x1c42000 (irq = 25) is a AR7
serial8250.0: ttyS1 at MMIO 0x1d0c000 (irq = 53) is a AR7
serial8250.0: ttyS2 at MMIO 0x1d0d000 (irq = 61) is a AR7
console [ttyS2] enabled
physmap platform flash device: 02000000 at 60000000
physmap-flash.0: Found 1 x16 devices at 0x0 in 16-bit bank. Manufacturer ID 0x0000c2 Chip ID 0x00227e
Amd/Fujitsu Extended Query Table at 0x0040
  Amd/Fujitsu Extended Query version 1.3.
number of CFI chips: 1
cmdlinepart partition parsing not available
RedBoot partition parsing not available
Using physmap partition information
Creating 4 MTD partitions on "physmap-flash.0":
0x000000000000-0x0000000a0000 : "UBL/U-Boot"
0x0000000a0000-0x000000500000 : "kernel"
0x000000500000-0x000001c00000 : "rootfs"
0x000001c00000-0x000002000000 : "settings"
UBI: attaching mtd2 to ubi0
UBI: physical eraseblock size:   131072 bytes (128 KiB)
UBI: logical eraseblock size:    130944 bytes
UBI: smallest flash I/O unit:    1
UBI: VID header offset:          64 (aligned 64)
UBI: data offset:                128
UBI: max. sequence number:       0
UBI: volume 0 ("rootfs") re-sized from 122 to 180 LEBs
UBI: attached mtd2 to ubi0
UBI: MTD device name:            "rootfs"
UBI: MTD device size:            23 MiB
UBI: number of good PEBs:        184
UBI: number of bad PEBs:         0
UBI: number of corrupted PEBs:   0
UBI: max. allowed volumes:       128
UBI: wear-leveling threshold:    4096
UBI: number of internal volumes: 1
UBI: number of user volumes:     1
UBI: available PEBs:             0
UBI: total number of reserved PEBs: 184
UBI: number of PEBs reserved for bad PEB handling: 0
UBI: max/mean erase counter: 1/0
UBI: image sequence number:  860712550
spi_davinci spi_davinci.1: DMA: supported
spi_davinci spi_davinci.1: DMA: RX channel: 18, TX channel: 19, event queue: 0
UBI: background thread "ubi_bgt0d" started, PID 360
spi_davinci spi_davinci.1: Controller at 0xfef0e000
spi_davinci spi_davinci.0: DMA: supported
spi_davinci spi_davinci.0: DMA: RX channel: 14, TX channel: 15, event queue: 0
spi_davinci spi_davinci.0: Controller at 0xfec41000
davinci_mdio davinci_mdio.0: davinci mdio revision 1.5
davinci_mdio davinci_mdio.0: no live phy, scanning all
davinci_mdio: probe of davinci_mdio.0 failed with error -5
watchdog watchdog: heartbeat 60 sec
cpuidle: using governor ladder
cpuidle: using governor menu
TCP cubic registered
NET: Registered protocol family 17
Registering the dns_resolver key type
davinci_emac_probe: using random MAC addr: ba:6d:5f:09:0e:4b
UBIFS: parse sync
UBIFS: mounted UBI device 0, volume 0, name "rootfs"
UBIFS: file system size:   22260480 bytes (21738 KiB, 21 MiB, 170 LEBs)
UBIFS: journal size:       3404544 bytes (3324 KiB, 3 MiB, 26 LEBs)
UBIFS: media format:       w4/r0 (latest is w4/r0)
UBIFS: default compressor: lzo
UBIFS: reserved for root:  0 bytes (0 KiB)
VFS: Mounted root (ubifs filesystem) on device 0:11.
udevd (460): /proc/460/oom_adj is deprecated, please use /proc/460/oom_score_adj instead.
Running do_deferred_initcalls()
ohci_hcd: USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver
ohci ohci.0: DA8xx OHCI
ohci ohci.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2
ohci ohci.0: irq 59, io mem 0x01e25000
hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 2-0:1.0: 1 port detected
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
USB Mass Storage support registered.
Freeing init memory: 116K
net eth0: no phy, defaulting to 100/full
net eth0: DaVinci EMAC: ioctl not supported
hrtimer: interrupt took 125959 ns
usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using musb-hdrc and address 2
rtw driver version=v3.4.4_4749.20121105
Build at: Jul 26 2016 12:04:26
register rtw_netdev_ops to netdev_ops
CHIP TYPE: RTL8188C_8192C

usb_endpoint_descriptor(0):
bLength=7
bDescriptorType=5
bEndpointAddress=81
wMaxPacketSize=200
bInterval=0
RT_usb_endpoint_is_bulk_in = 1

usb_endpoint_descriptor(1):
bLength=7
bDescriptorType=5
bEndpointAddress=2
wMaxPacketSize=200
bInterval=0
RT_usb_endpoint_is_bulk_out = 2

usb_endpoint_descriptor(2):
bLength=7
bDescriptorType=5
bEndpointAddress=3
wMaxPacketSize=200
bInterval=0
RT_usb_endpoint_is_bulk_out = 3

usb_endpoint_descriptor(3):
bLength=7
bDescriptorType=5
bEndpointAddress=84
wMaxPacketSize=40
bInterval=1
RT_usb_endpoint_is_int_in = 4, Interval = 1
nr_endpoint=4, in_num=2, out_num=2

USB_SPEED_HIGH
Chip Version ID: VERSION_NORMAL_TSMC_CHIP_88C.
RF_Type is 3!!
EEPROM type is E-FUSE
====> ReadAdapterInfo8192C
Boot from EFUSE, Autoload OK !
EEPROMVID = 0x0bda
EEPROMPID = 0x8176
EEPROMCustomerID : 0x00
EEPROMSubCustomerID: 0x00
RT_CustomerID: 0x00
_ReadMACAddress MAC Address from EFUSE = 5c:f3:70:21:61:06
EEPROMRegulatory = 0x0
_ReadBoardType(0)
BT Coexistance = disable
RT_ChannelPlan: 0x00
_ReadPSSetting...bHWPwrPindetect(0)-bHWPowerdown(0) ,bSupportRemoteWakeup(0)
### PS params=>  power_mgnt(0),usbss_enable(0) ###
### AntDivCfg(0)
readAdapterInfo_8192CU(): REPLACEMENT = 1
<==== ReadAdapterInfo8192C in 700 ms
rtw_macaddr_cfg MAC Address  = 5c:f3:70:21:61:06
MAC Address from pnetdev->dev_addr= 5c:f3:70:21:61:06
bDriverStopped:1, bSurpriseRemoved:0, bup:0, hw_init_completed:0
usbcore: registered new interface driver rtl8192cu
usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 2
+rtw_dev_remove
rtw_sta_flush
<=== rtw_dev_unload
+r871xu_dev_remove, hw_init_completed=0
free_recv_skb_queue not empty, 8
=====> rtl8192c_free_hal_data =====
<===== rtl8192c_free_hal_data =====
-r871xu_dev_remove, done
usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using musb-hdrc and address 3
usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 3
usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using musb-hdrc and address 4

bLength=7
bDescriptorType=5
bEndpointAddress=81
wMaxPacketSize=200
bInterval=0

bLength=7
bDescriptorType=5
bEndpointAddress=2
wMaxPacketSize=200
bInterval=0

bLength=7
bDescriptorType=5
bEndpointAddress=3
wMaxPacketSize=200
bInterval=0

bLength=7
bDescriptorType=5
bEndpointAddress=84
wMaxPacketSize=40
bInterval=1

USB_SPEED_HIGH
RF_Type is 3!!
EEPROM type is E-FUSE
EEPROMVID = 0x0bda
EEPROMPID = 0x8176
EEPROMRegulatory = 0x0
_ReadBoardType(0)
BT Coexistance = disable
### AntDivCfg(0)
<==== ReadAdapterInfo8192C in 710 ms
usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 4
+rtw_dev_remove
rtw_sta_flush
<=== rtw_dev_unload
-r871xu_dev_remove, done
usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using musb-hdrc and address 5
usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 5
usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using musb-hdrc and address 6
by roblof on Sun May 12, 2019 10:09 am
Nice 8-)

Captured from the serial console?

If you connect an usb memory stick to the usb port you might be able to ‘dd’ the flash into the memory stick :P. This way it should be possible to extract the filesystems.

alexandrgorscov wroteIf the midi device is present, it should be here...
Code: Select all
Linux version 2.6.37+ (bob@ubuntu) (gcc version 4.3.3 (GCC) ) #819 PREEMPT Tue Jul 26 12:03:50 CDT 2016
CPU: ARM926EJ-S [41069265] revision 5 (ARMv5TEJ), cr=00053177
CPU: VIVT data cache, VIVT instruction cache
Machine: Presonus OMAP-L138 Platform
Memory policy: ECC disabled, Data cache writeback
DaVinci da850/omap-l138/am18x variant 0x1
On node 0 totalpages: 24576
free_area_init_node: node 0, pgdat c034e6c0, node_mem_map c0360000
  DMA zone: 192 pages used for memmap
  DMA zone: 0 pages reserved
  DMA zone: 24384 pages, LIFO batch:3
pcpu-alloc: s0 r0 d32768 u32768 alloc=1*32768
pcpu-alloc: [0] 0
Built 1 zonelists in Zone order, mobility grouping on.  Total pages: 24384
Kernel command line: mem=96M console=ttyS2,115200n8 noinitrd ubi.mtd=2 rootfstype=ubifs root=ubi0:rootfs rootflags=sync lpj=1134592 quiet
PID hash table entries: 512 (order: -1, 2048 bytes)
Dentry cache hash table entries: 16384 (order: 4, 65536 bytes)
Inode-cache hash table entries: 8192 (order: 3, 32768 bytes)
Memory: 96MB = 96MB total
Memory: 93940k/93940k available, 4364k reserved, 0K highmem
Virtual kernel memory layout:
    vector  : 0xffff0000 - 0xffff1000   (   4 kB)
    fixmap  : 0xfff00000 - 0xfffe0000   ( 896 kB)
    DMA     : 0xff000000 - 0xffe00000   (  14 MB)
    vmalloc : 0xc6800000 - 0xfea00000   ( 898 MB)
    lowmem  : 0xc0000000 - 0xc6000000   (  96 MB)
    modules : 0xbf000000 - 0xc0000000   (  16 MB)
      .init : 0xc0008000 - 0xc0025000   ( 116 kB)
      .text : 0xc0025000 - 0xc032e000   (3108 kB)
      .data : 0xc032e000 - 0xc034f300   ( 133 kB)
SLUB: Genslabs=13, HWalign=32, Order=0-3, MinObjects=0, CPUs=1, Nodes=1
Preemptable hierarchical RCU implementation.
   RCU-based detection of stalled CPUs is disabled.
   Verbose stalled-CPUs detection is disabled.
NR_IRQS:245
Console: colour dummy device 80x30
Calibrating delay loop (skipped) preset value.. 226.91 BogoMIPS (lpj=1134592)
pid_max: default: 32768 minimum: 301
Mount-cache hash table entries: 512
CPU: Testing write buffer coherency: ok
DaVinci: 144 gpio irqs
regulator: core version 0.5
regulator: dummy:
NET: Registered protocol family 16
bio: create slab <bio-0> at 0
SCSI subsystem initialized
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
usbcore: registered new device driver usb
Switching to clocksource timer0_1
musb-hdrc: version 6.0, host, debug=0
musb-hdrc musb-hdrc: dma type: dma-cppi41
musb-hdrc: ConfigData=0x06 (UTMI-8, dyn FIFOs, SoftConn)
musb-hdrc: MHDRC RTL version 1.800
musb-hdrc: setup fifo_mode 2
musb-hdrc: 9/9 max ep, 4032/4096 memory
musb-hdrc musb-hdrc: MUSB HDRC host driver
musb-hdrc musb-hdrc: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-0:1.0: 1 port detected
musb-hdrc musb-hdrc: USB Host mode controller at fee00000 using DMA, IRQ 58
NET: Registered protocol family 2
IP route cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
TCP established hash table entries: 4096 (order: 3, 32768 bytes)
TCP bind hash table entries: 4096 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
TCP: Hash tables configured (established 4096 bind 4096)
TCP reno registered
UDP hash table entries: 256 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
UDP-Lite hash table entries: 256 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
NET: Registered protocol family 1
EMAC: RMII PHY configured, MII PHY will not be functional
JFFS2 version 2.2. (NAND) © 2001-2006 Red Hat, Inc.
msgmni has been set to 183
io scheduler noop registered (default)
Serial: 8250/16550 driver, 3 ports, IRQ sharing disabled
serial8250.0: ttyS0 at MMIO 0x1c42000 (irq = 25) is a AR7
serial8250.0: ttyS1 at MMIO 0x1d0c000 (irq = 53) is a AR7
serial8250.0: ttyS2 at MMIO 0x1d0d000 (irq = 61) is a AR7
console [ttyS2] enabled
physmap platform flash device: 02000000 at 60000000
physmap-flash.0: Found 1 x16 devices at 0x0 in 16-bit bank. Manufacturer ID 0x0000c2 Chip ID 0x00227e
Amd/Fujitsu Extended Query Table at 0x0040
  Amd/Fujitsu Extended Query version 1.3.
number of CFI chips: 1
cmdlinepart partition parsing not available
RedBoot partition parsing not available
Using physmap partition information
Creating 4 MTD partitions on "physmap-flash.0":
0x000000000000-0x0000000a0000 : "UBL/U-Boot"
0x0000000a0000-0x000000500000 : "kernel"
0x000000500000-0x000001c00000 : "rootfs"
0x000001c00000-0x000002000000 : "settings"
UBI: attaching mtd2 to ubi0
UBI: physical eraseblock size:   131072 bytes (128 KiB)
UBI: logical eraseblock size:    130944 bytes
UBI: smallest flash I/O unit:    1
UBI: VID header offset:          64 (aligned 64)
UBI: data offset:                128
UBI: max. sequence number:       0
UBI: volume 0 ("rootfs") re-sized from 122 to 180 LEBs
UBI: attached mtd2 to ubi0
UBI: MTD device name:            "rootfs"
UBI: MTD device size:            23 MiB
UBI: number of good PEBs:        184
UBI: number of bad PEBs:         0
UBI: number of corrupted PEBs:   0
UBI: max. allowed volumes:       128
UBI: wear-leveling threshold:    4096
UBI: number of internal volumes: 1
UBI: number of user volumes:     1
UBI: available PEBs:             0
UBI: total number of reserved PEBs: 184
UBI: number of PEBs reserved for bad PEB handling: 0
UBI: max/mean erase counter: 1/0
UBI: image sequence number:  860712550
spi_davinci spi_davinci.1: DMA: supported
spi_davinci spi_davinci.1: DMA: RX channel: 18, TX channel: 19, event queue: 0
UBI: background thread "ubi_bgt0d" started, PID 360
spi_davinci spi_davinci.1: Controller at 0xfef0e000
spi_davinci spi_davinci.0: DMA: supported
spi_davinci spi_davinci.0: DMA: RX channel: 14, TX channel: 15, event queue: 0
spi_davinci spi_davinci.0: Controller at 0xfec41000
davinci_mdio davinci_mdio.0: davinci mdio revision 1.5
davinci_mdio davinci_mdio.0: no live phy, scanning all
davinci_mdio: probe of davinci_mdio.0 failed with error -5
watchdog watchdog: heartbeat 60 sec
cpuidle: using governor ladder
cpuidle: using governor menu
TCP cubic registered
NET: Registered protocol family 17
Registering the dns_resolver key type
davinci_emac_probe: using random MAC addr: ba:6d:5f:09:0e:4b
UBIFS: parse sync
UBIFS: mounted UBI device 0, volume 0, name "rootfs"
UBIFS: file system size:   22260480 bytes (21738 KiB, 21 MiB, 170 LEBs)
UBIFS: journal size:       3404544 bytes (3324 KiB, 3 MiB, 26 LEBs)
UBIFS: media format:       w4/r0 (latest is w4/r0)
UBIFS: default compressor: lzo
UBIFS: reserved for root:  0 bytes (0 KiB)
VFS: Mounted root (ubifs filesystem) on device 0:11.
udevd (460): /proc/460/oom_adj is deprecated, please use /proc/460/oom_score_adj instead.
Running do_deferred_initcalls()
ohci_hcd: USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver
ohci ohci.0: DA8xx OHCI
ohci ohci.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2
ohci ohci.0: irq 59, io mem 0x01e25000
hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 2-0:1.0: 1 port detected
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
USB Mass Storage support registered.
Freeing init memory: 116K
net eth0: no phy, defaulting to 100/full
hrtimer: interrupt took 125959 ns
usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using musb-hdrc and address 2
rtw driver version=v3.4.4_4749.20121105
Build at: Jul 26 2016 12:04:26

bLength=7
bDescriptorType=5
bEndpointAddress=81
wMaxPacketSize=200
bInterval=0

bLength=7
bDescriptorType=5
bEndpointAddress=2
wMaxPacketSize=200
bInterval=0

bLength=7
bDescriptorType=5
bEndpointAddress=3
wMaxPacketSize=200
bInterval=0

bLength=7
bDescriptorType=5
bEndpointAddress=84
wMaxPacketSize=40
bInterval=1

USB_SPEED_HIGH
RF_Type is 3!!
EEPROM type is E-FUSE
EEPROMVID = 0x0bda
EEPROMPID = 0x8176
EEPROMRegulatory = 0x0
_ReadBoardType(0)
BT Coexistance = disable
### AntDivCfg(0)
<==== ReadAdapterInfo8192C in 700 ms
usbcore: registered new interface driver rtl8192cu
usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 2
+rtw_dev_remove
rtw_sta_flush
<=== rtw_dev_unload
-r871xu_dev_remove, done
usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using musb-hdrc and address 3
usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 3
usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using musb-hdrc and address 4

bLength=7
bDescriptorType=5
bEndpointAddress=81
wMaxPacketSize=200
bInterval=0

bLength=7
bDescriptorType=5
bEndpointAddress=2
wMaxPacketSize=200
bInterval=0

bLength=7
bDescriptorType=5
bEndpointAddress=3
wMaxPacketSize=200
bInterval=0

bLength=7
bDescriptorType=5
bEndpointAddress=84
wMaxPacketSize=40
bInterval=1

USB_SPEED_HIGH
RF_Type is 3!!
EEPROM type is E-FUSE
EEPROMVID = 0x0bda
EEPROMPID = 0x8176
EEPROMRegulatory = 0x0
_ReadBoardType(0)
BT Coexistance = disable
### AntDivCfg(0)
<==== ReadAdapterInfo8192C in 710 ms
usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 4
+rtw_dev_remove
rtw_sta_flush
<=== rtw_dev_unload
-r871xu_dev_remove, done
usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using musb-hdrc and address 5
usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 5
usb 1-1: new high speed USB device using musb-hdrc and address 6

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron

169 postsPage 8 of 9
1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9