Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
57 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3
josephmeyer wroteWhy do I need to disconnect my soundcard ? By soundcard, do you mean the Studio 192 ?

Yes.
I described all the steps as I did. You can try not to disconnect, and then we'll find out whether your method will work or not)))
by denist on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:40 pm
jesusrivera2 wroteI try the Load Mode and I'm getting the same error. This problems is really annoying, I hope Presonus is working on a solution for this error, I don't want to uninstall and install every time and nothing works.
The problem is not the computer, is the Unit that update the firmware and it bricked the unit, is pretty much useless.

I'm sorry that my method did not help you.
by jBranam on Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:13 pm
i KNOW this will probably make some of you mad but from a previous post stating they tried another (different) interface and it did not work either AND this recent post of removing ALL traces of the device from the system then updated the firmware again and it is working... it DOES in fact seem it may be an individual system problem meaning it has something to do with your computer and not the device itself which is feasible.

myself i would reformat the OS drive... reinstall the OS and all other software before trashing the unit or buying another or even blaming Presonus for the problem. with a fresh install of all software on the system and a fresh install of the device software and device and if the device works then you KNOW it was the system and NOT the device. if you go through ALL that and the device STILL won't work then you can probably bet it is the device itself that has failed.

i know it is a pain to redo the whole system but operating systems DO get corrupted (all of them do) from time to time... it is the nature of the beast. and who is to say what corrupted the system.

i have dealt with computers, their systems and hardware since before the advent of the 'personal computer' as it is today and i speak from experience. i have had to completely redo my system (reformat) many times over the years and decades now because of corruption... from a bad sector on a hard drive to corrupted data due to faulty memory. there is a slew of things that can go wrong with computers and it is NOBODY'S fault... it is just as i said "the nature of the beast" any little hiccup can cause corruption of data. that is why companies always state to make sure the batteries are fully charged, the system is connected to a power source and to NOT turn off the system during an update but some things are beyond anyone's control.

i hope you ALL get things working :thumbup: cheers

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by sherofiguess on Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:58 pm
jBranam wrotei KNOW this will probably make some of you mad but from a previous post stating they tried another (different) interface and it did not work either AND this recent post of removing ALL traces of the device from the system then updated the firmware again and it is working... it DOES in fact seem it may be an individual system problem meaning it has something to do with your computer and not the device itself which is feasible.

myself i would reformat the OS drive... reinstall the OS and all other software before trashing the unit or buying another or even blaming Presonus for the problem. with a fresh install of all software on the system and a fresh install of the device software and device and if the device works then you KNOW it was the system and NOT the device. if you go through ALL that and the device STILL won't work then you can probably bet it is the device itself that has failed.

i know it is a pain to redo the whole system but operating systems DO get corrupted (all of them do) from time to time... it is the nature of the beast. and who is to say what corrupted the system.

i have dealt with computers, their systems and hardware since before the advent of the 'personal computer' as it is today and i speak from experience. i have had to completely redo my system (reformat) many times over the years and decades now because of corruption... from a bad sector on a hard drive to corrupted data due to faulty memory. there is a slew of things that can go wrong with computers and it is NOBODY'S fault... it is just as i said "the nature of the beast" any little hiccup can cause corruption of data. that is why companies always state to make sure the batteries are fully charged, the system is connected to a power source and to NOT turn off the system during an update but some things are beyond anyone's control.

Doesn't make me mad, however I have to totally and completely disagree with you. I've tried 4 systems in total 3 Win10 and a Mac mini, all with the exact same results.
Previous to this issue, the presonus has only ever been connected to my main workstation. Add to that I just got the mac mini a month ago. Since you've not experienced the issue yourself, I find that your comment, while I'm sure is well intended, misses the point completely.

As I assume you're aware, when you turn on a working Studio 192, even if the unit is not connected to a computer the light turns blue after a while, because you can use it as a DAC or preamp without a PC.It's not even doing that, bottomline the problem is the firmware.
by leeduckworth on Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:00 pm
jBranam wrotei KNOW this will probably make some of you mad but from a previous post stating they tried another (different) interface and it did not work either AND this recent post of removing ALL traces of the device from the system then updated the firmware again and it is working... it DOES in fact seem it may be an individual system problem meaning it has something to do with your computer and not the device itself which is feasible.

I reset my Windows 10 OS, completely with no success. I then tried to connect to the unit from another machine, a Macbook Pro with a fresh install. Same issue on both machines.... It's the unit, definitely.
by jBranam on Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:20 pm
i did not say it would work for all instances because it may in fact be the unit but it is worth a shot. it would be the second place i would try though before giving up. i was going to suggest removing all instance like the fellow just did and he was quite thorough in his description... which would be the first thing i tried so as to NOT have to reinstall everything. myself i have a new 192 mobile that i have yet to set up and use and this all bothers and worries me hence why i am trying to help you guys.

i used to root my phone (android) and it got stuck a few times in a 'loop' because of a corrupted bootloader :( it did not get what it needed but saw it as complete. it was a real pain in the butt so some of these instances may be the same and the eprom will have to be cleared and rewritten and apparently the only way to do this would be to send it in for 'repair'. i have since quit trying to customize my phone... it was just a big pain and prone to 'accidents'

i DO feel for you guys and i am only trying to help. praying mine will update fine 'cos i know it will need it. i bought it before my cataract surgeries and i have yet to get back to it. :( cheers

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by jpettit on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:46 pm
Anyone hit with this UC 192 issues should immediatley open a ticket.
Please be patient.
They will fix the issue eventually with each one of you and have taken down the update.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by jBranam on Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:13 pm
thnx for the heads up :thumbup:

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by jesusrivera2 on Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:25 am
I was wonder if some one find a fix for this issue? I try to find a solution but nothing works.
if some one find a solution, let know the people with this issue in this forum. :+1

Crosshair Formula V, Windows 10 1809, 16 Gb Ram, FX 6300, Presonus Studio 192. Cubase 9.5, Ableton 10, Studio one Artist
by jpettit on Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:34 am
jesusrivera2 wroteI was wonder if some one find a fix for this issue? I try to find a solution but nothing works.
if some one find a solution, let know the people with this issue in this forum. :+1

Do you have a ticket open?
That is the only way.

SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by jesusrivera2 on Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:37 am
jpettit wrote
jesusrivera2 wroteI was wonder if some one find a fix for this issue? I try to find a solution but nothing works.

Do you have a ticket open?
That is the only way.

I have a ticket but i want to know if other people find other solutions.

Crosshair Formula V, Windows 10 1809, 16 Gb Ram, FX 6300, Presonus Studio 192. Cubase 9.5, Ableton 10, Studio one Artist
by jpettit on Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:43 am
Once again, Support working with you is the only way.

by scottc1 on Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:50 pm
The latest firmware is corrupt essentially making your device useless, presonus does not know how to fix the issue. they have multiple support tickets on this. terrible support!! took them 4 days to answer my service ticket and they do not have an answer. They do not take support phone calls, only support tickets. WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY! Universal Audio here I come, I am DONE with Presonus junk!!!
by klsfulpa on Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:00 pm
so there is no solution?..
by jpettit on Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:40 pm
They will take care of all effected by the issue but they need to know your name and work with each of you directly.

by [email protected] on Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:47 pm
Any word yet. I had sweetwater support work on it... about 2.5 hours... opened a ticket. Please post if anyone gets a solution... THANKs
by ghasenbeck on Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:51 pm
We're sorry you're having this issue, PreSonus is currently looking into this issue and it is currently being reviewed by our development team.

If you have not yet submitted a Support Request, please do so at your earliest convenience; so that we can best assist you further.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention—feedback from customers like you is a critical asset to the improvement of our hardware and software!

57 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3