Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
57 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3
I just completed another brutal attempt at a fix with directions from tech support, the issue persists :thumbdown:
by geofferson1 on Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:22 pm
I just got my Studio 2[6 in the mail today! I am having the same issue. I had problems with my audiobox usb after updating to Universal Control so I purchased the 2|6 and updated to Studio One 4 professesional hoping that I would get my interface to play and record audio without any latency issues. My computer says it has installed correctly but there are hardly any options in the Universal Control Menu and my USB doesn't recgonize the 2|6 whatsoever! Please update the driver soon so my interface will start working properly!!! Why must this be so difficult and it is also clear that the old Audiobox USB doesn't work with Universal Control either. I had to go through several drivers to get my audiobox running again!!! This Sucks!!!!
by geofferson1 on Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:31 pm
What does this mean? Can someone please help?
Capture.PNG
What does this mean? Can someone help?
by josephmeyer on Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:44 pm
Got a reply back on my ticket. I tried this for about an hour and half before I gave up. Maybe someone else here can benefit from this :

Please disable or uninstall AVAST.

Please attach a screen capture of Universal Control and what version that it shows.

Please also attach a cap of your Device Manager before, during and after.

Please check 5 categories.

1. Audio input and outputs

2. PreSonus Studio 192

3. Software Devices

4. Sound Video and Game Controllers

5. Universal Serial Bus controllers

-

Now let's try to manually uninstall things. Please be very methodical. Do not miss a step.

> Right click the Window logo in the lower left hand corner and select Run.
> Select Apps and Features.
> Uninstall Universal Control
> Right click Windows logo and select Run.
> Type

%appdata%

> Delete all files and folder that say Universal Control.
> Disconnect the AudioBox from your computer.
> Hit the Windows Key
> Now type “View advanced system settings” and press return
> Click Environment Variables button.
> Click the New button for the top section on this window.
> For "Variable Name:" type this exactly.

devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices

> For "Variable Value:" enter a single number " 1 ".
> Click OK and couple times and then open the Device Manger.
> Click the View menu and check "Show Hidden Devices".
> Right click and Uninstall any "Studio192", "Subdevice", "USB 2.0 Audio", "PreSonus", "USB Audio Device" and or "Unknown Device" you see listed under any category.
> Restart your computer.
> Install Universal Control 1.5

https://pae-web.presonusmusic.com/downl ... .36497.exe

> Connect the Studio 192 with a standard USB 2.0 cable and to a USB 2.0 connection on your computer.
> Open the Device Manager.
> *** Click the View menu and Show Hidden Devices***
> Uninstall only Subdevices and USB 2.0 Audio Devices under any category.
> If you have a plain "Studio 192" with an (!), right click the Studio 192 and Update Driver
> Select the second option to Browse my computer for driver
> Click the Browse button
> Navigate to C: - Program Files - PreSonus - Universal Control
> Select/highlight the Universal Control folder
> Click OK
> If successful, the Studio 192 should no longer have the (!)
> If there were two Universal Control folders, you might need to Update Driver with the second folder.
> Restart the computer again.> Open UC and then click the Settings menu.
> Rescan Network.
> The 192 should show in UC.
> If so, then Update Firmware. Update Anyway if possible.

-
Please reply with your results, screen caps and a new system information file.

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP 1. PowerSpec Tower Intel Core i5-6600K CPU @3.50GHz . 16G Ram . Presonus Studio One 3 v3.5.6.46910 Winx64. Presonus Studio 192. Presonus Digimax DP88
by prock on Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:49 pm
geofferson1 wroteI just got my Studio 2[6 in the mail today! I am having the same issue. I had problems with my audiobox usb after updating to Universal Control so I purchased the 2|6 and updated to Studio One 4 professesional hoping that I would get my interface to play and record audio without any latency issues. My computer says it has installed correctly but there are hardly any options in the Universal Control Menu and my USB doesn't recgonize the 2|6 whatsoever! Please update the driver soon so my interface will start working properly!!! Why must this be so difficult and it is also clear that the old Audiobox USB doesn't work with Universal Control either. I had to go through several drivers to get my audiobox running again!!! This Sucks!!!!

This thread pertains to firmware update issues happening to the Studio 192 USB 3.0 Series Interfaces. To get the best reply/assist, may I suggest that you post your issue in the correct forum section for the Studio Series USB Interfaces. Thanks and... good luck! ;)

viewforum.php?f=357

Regards 8-)

PRock Studio

OS: Windows 10 Pro, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, DAW: Cubase Pro (latest version), Other Hardware: PreSonus TubePre, PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio
by ptownjohn on Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:47 am
dealing with the same issue
by jesusrivera2 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:26 pm
5 days talking with the tech support and nothing is fix, I have some projects to finish and my 192 is my daily use. I'm think to buy another audio interface as my backup because presonus does not address this issue. I don't know when this issue is going to be fix but I'm not waiting another week dealing with the tech support painful instructions and nothing happen. :x

Crosshair Formula V, Windows 10 1809, 16 Gb Ram, FX 6300, Presonus Studio 192. Cubase 9.5, Ableton 10, Studio one Artist
by leeduckworth on Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:54 pm
... same issue, here. In a desperate attempt, I've reset my OS, completely. I've, also, switched USB ports.... and.... I've tried it on another OS (Mac).... I cannot get the firmware to update, again.

I've always LOVED this device... If this firmware bricked it, Presonus needs to take responsibility and either put all hands on deck and fix it... or count their losses and compensate. I've opened a support ticket as well.
by klsfulpa on Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:01 pm
Same issue too, I want it back to normal.
by chancho on Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:04 am
I'm having the same issue here. I've tried on both Mac (10.13.3) & PC (Win 10) and results are the same. I couldn't get "Update Anyway" option in "Firmware Update". I hope they could find the solution soon. :(
by [email protected] on Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:36 am
Its been working all week with the update. After weekly reboot no go.... ARGHHH....
I put in a service ticket, but I'm about to call the dealer that sold it to me to see what they will do. It would seem like if they were working on it but haven't come up with a solution, they would let us know... something. Not keeping multiple users with same problem informed of progress or lack of it is just not good customer service. IMHO
by robertfalkner on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:51 am
Same issue for me too. I recently updated the UC to version 2.9.0.49213 which offered a firmware update. Rebooting my Studio192 and it worked!
I even did some mixing and messed around with the UC settings like turning off phantom power on some channels. Came back the next day and the Studio 192 power button is just solid red only.

I did submit a support ticket about four days ago. Ever since the initial response support it been crickets.

I'm on a Windows 10 machine with the latest updates using USB3.

I hope they figure this out
by sherofiguess on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:18 am
I tried everything they asked me to try and had zero luck. I tried on 2 different Win 10 machines and a Mac mini, got the same results on all of them, no "update anyway" option. Supposedly getting an RA today after the last round of tasks on Friday were unsuccessful. We'll see, I've been out of commission for 11 days.
by denist on Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:51 am
I apologize for my English, translated using Google))

!!!Only for Windows 10!!!
!!!Do this at your own risk!!!
It helped me. My S192 Mobile works with the latest firmware now.

1. Before all the manipulations, I made BACKUP of my Windows 10.
2. Completely removed all drivers S192, as well as any mention of it in the operating system.

Press Windows key and R
Type %appdata% , then press OK
Click into the PreSonus folder, delete all Universal Control files and folders
Press Windows key and R
Type %programdata% , then press OK
Click into the PreSonus folder, delete Universal Control and Studio 192 files and folders
Empty Trash
Open the Device Manger
Click the View menu and check "Show Hidden Devices".
Right click and Uninstall any "Studio192", "Subdevice", "USB 2.0 Audio", "PreSonus", "USB Audio Device" and or "Unknown Device" you see listed under any category.
Disconnected the sound card from the computer. Restarted the system.

3. Installed PreSonus_UCSurface_v1.5.0.36497
4. Connect using USB 2.0 cable to USB 2.0 port.
5. Several times I restarted the device until the button became blue.
My sound card turned on and was determined correctly after 20-30 presses on the power button. That is, you press, wait until Universal Control determines the device, if not the device is not detected turn off the device and turn it on again. (At this point you just need to get patience)))
Installed the firmware (This is the only firmware that was installed on my S192 without problems). Reboot the device and turn it off.
6. Removed UCSurface_v1.5.0.36497. Disconnected the cable from the computer.
7. Restarted the computer
8. Installed PreSonus_Universal_Control_v48221. Connect the sound card to the computer with the USB cable 3.0 to the USB 3.0 port.
9. Installed the firmware
10. Restarted the computer
11. Removed PreSonus_Universal_Control_v48221
12. Restarted computer
13. Without disconnecting the sound card, I installed PreSonus_Universal_Control_v49213 and immediately updated the firmware to the latest version. If all is well, it is not necessary to make a point 14.
14. Further there was a problem which I solved with the help of backup. Studio One did not see the sound card.

I hope this helps. )))
by jesusrivera2 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:03 am
denist wroteI apologize for my English, translated using Google))

2. Completely removed all drivers S192, as well as any mention of it in the operating system.

Press Windows key and R
Press Windows key and R
Click into the PreSonus folder, delete Universal Control and Studio 192 files and folders
Empty Trash
Open the Device Manger
Right click and Uninstall any "Studio192", "Subdevice", "USB 2.0 Audio", "PreSonus", "USB Audio Device" and or "Unknown Device" you see listed under any category.

My sound card turned on and was determined correctly after 20-30 presses on the power button. That is, you press, wait until Universal Control determines the device, if not the device is not detected turn off the device and turn it on again. (At this point you just need to get patience)))
Installed the firmware (This is the only firmware that was installed on my S192 without problems). Reboot the device and turn it off.
8. Installed PreSonus_Universal_Control_v48221. Connect the sound card to the computer with the USB cable 3.0 to the USB 3.0 port.
12. Restarted computer
13. Without disconnecting the sound card, I installed PreSonus_Universal_Control_v49213 and immediately updated the firmware to the latest version. If all is well, it is not necessary to make a point 14.
14. Further there was a problem which I solved with the help of backup. Studio One did not see the sound card.

I hope this helps. )))

I try to turn on and off 45 times and my studio 192 unit and still get a red solid light.
I have problems with this issue for a 1 week and Presonus don't find any solutions.
This a real problem and i don't think is going to be a fix for UC 2.10 Update.

Crosshair Formula V, Windows 10 1809, 16 Gb Ram, FX 6300, Presonus Studio 192. Cubase 9.5, Ableton 10, Studio one Artist
by denist on Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:45 am
jesusrivera2 wrote
denist wroteI apologize for my English, translated using Google))

Press Windows key and R
Press Windows key and R
Empty Trash
Open the Device Manger

12. Restarted computer

I hope this helps. )))

I try to turn on and off 45 times and my studio 192 unit and still get a red solid light.
I have problems with this issue for a 1 week and Presonus don't find any solutions.
This a real problem and i don't think is going to be a fix for UC 2.10 Update.

Try USB 2.0 cable to USB 2.0 port. Turn on holding down the 48V and Cue buttons.
by jesusrivera2 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:38 am
Try USB 2.0 cable to USB 2.0 port. Turn on holding down the 48V and Cue buttons.

I try using 2.0 and 2.0 port and in my studio 192, 8 channels and It does not work at all.
so i guess it might work only in the mobile unit. I try in the 8 channel one and i don't get to light my unit into a blue light is always red light. :(

Attachments
ime1.pdf
(171.03 KiB) Downloaded 383 times

by denist on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:06 pm
jesusrivera2 wrote

I try using 2.0 and 2.0 port and in my studio 192, 8 channels and It does not work at all.
so i guess it might work only in the mobile unit. I try in the 8 channel one and i don't get to light my unit into a blue light is always red light. :(

I found a combination of buttons for Studio 192. Maybe it will work.: "Whilst holding down the 'Talk' and 'Mono' buttons power on the Studio 192 (this will boot the Studio 192 into Load mode)"
by josephmeyer on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:21 pm
Why do I need to disconnect my soundcard ? By soundcard, do you mean the Studio 192 ?

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP 1. PowerSpec Tower Intel Core i5-6600K CPU @3.50GHz . 16G Ram . Presonus Studio One 3 v3.5.6.46910 Winx64. Presonus Studio 192. Presonus Digimax DP88
by jesusrivera2 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:30 pm
denist wrote
jesusrivera2 wrote

I found a combination of buttons for Studio 192. Maybe it will work.: "Whilst holding down the 'Talk' and 'Mono' buttons power on the Studio 192 (this will boot the Studio 192 into Load mode)"

I try the Load Mode and I'm getting the same error. This problems is really annoying, I hope Presonus is working on a solution for this error, I don't want to uninstall and install every time and nothing works.
The problem is not the computer, is the Unit that update the firmware and it bricked the unit, is pretty much useless.

57 postsPage 2 of 3
1, 2, 3