Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
57 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3
So, I just updated the latest firmware to my 192 that rolled out on Friday September 14th. Didn't touch my PC or 192 all day yesterday, and this morning I fired up the computer and interface as I always do - and the 192 doesn't get recognized by my CPU, except for my CPU to tell me that the 192 "is currently unresponsive" and to cycle the power.

Of course this does not do anything - the display which usually boots up and all the buttons flash momentary does not do that. I cannot select the Talk, Muet, or Dim functions, and spinning the knob for the pres doing nothing. The only buttons working are the left and right.

I've uninstalled the drivers for the 192, removed it from the computer and re-installed everything, including UC control and to no avail. Currently waiting on a reply to my support ticket - but I see support is only Mon-Fri so my whole day of using my interface and computer was shot.

Did my Studio 192 blow up ?

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP 1. PowerSpec Tower Intel Core i5-6600K CPU @3.50GHz . 16G Ram . Presonus Studio One 3 v3.5.6.46910 Winx64. Presonus Studio 192. Presonus Digimax DP88
by jesusrivera2 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:27 pm
I have the same problem with my studio 192, when i updated my studio 192 to latest firmware i get an error firmware v (invalid ) usb 0.00 / bootloader 0.00. I'm going to talk to the tech support tomorrow, they need to fix this issue.

Crosshair Formula V, Windows 10 1809, 16 Gb Ram, FX 6300, Presonus Studio 192. Cubase 9.5, Ableton 10, Studio one Artist
by josephmeyer on Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:13 pm
That is exactly what has happened ! Relieved it hadn't happened to only me - I hope everyone else it does happen to creates a support ticket to get this resolved ASAP. I have projects I'm in the middle of and now I have a completely bricked interface !

I already bought a "back-up" unit, but this is crazy that I would even need a back-up !

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP 1. PowerSpec Tower Intel Core i5-6600K CPU @3.50GHz . 16G Ram . Presonus Studio One 3 v3.5.6.46910 Winx64. Presonus Studio 192. Presonus Digimax DP88
by christiannovak on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:19 am
I have the same problem. The interface doesn't work after the last update.

How can I reset the firmware? I have one big project but I can't work now.
by jesusrivera2 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:39 am
You need to create a support ticket and wait, they send me a message today to upload my PC info and i'm waiting to response back. if they fix this issue, I'm posting this issue in this forum, but it seems that is big problem, i don't think you can force to update the unit, let see if they fix this issue, some people send their unit to Presonus to fix this issue.

Crosshair Formula V, Windows 10 1809, 16 Gb Ram, FX 6300, Presonus Studio 192. Cubase 9.5, Ableton 10, Studio one Artist
by ShaneStudios on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:15 am
Same issue here, I've started a support ticket also. I've tried reloading the firmware on multiple PCs with no success. I think their new firmware might have bricked my 192. :(
by prock on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:31 pm
Same issue here on my 192 Mobile and I submitted a support ticket on Sunday September 16, 2018.

I tried several procedures directed by Presonus technical support but none have been successful. Now I have been waiting (and pleading) for further instructions from technical support for over 30 hours. Looks like this may be a bad firmware update. Presonus should pull this firmware update until this gets sorted. Yikes!

Regards,
PRock. 8-)

PRock Studio

OS: Windows 10 Pro, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, DAW: Cubase Pro (latest version), Other Hardware: PreSonus TubePre, PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio
by jesusrivera2 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:57 pm
I try with different version of UC and the only version that work are 1.5 and 1.51, you can force to update the unit but you get an error code 2010.

They need to find a solution soon, i don't want to buy other unit because it was working great for more than one year until the latest update.

if it was a 100 dollar unit, i can replace it right away but is a $500 to $800 unit.
i hope they fix this issue soon so i can work in my projects.

by jBranam on Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:25 pm
SO not good! :( thnx for the heads up on the update... hope they get it sorted ASAP

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by prock on Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:01 pm
jesusrivera2 wroteI try with different version of UC and the only version that work are 1.5 and 1.51, you can force to update the unit but you get an error code 2010...

Interesting because after tech support directed me to revert back to version 2.8 to get the "update anways" option, which I didn't.... I also tried older UC versions 1.5, 1.8, & 2.4. None worked to get the "update anyways" option.

Regards. 8-)

PRock Studio

OS: Windows 10 Pro, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, DAW: Cubase Pro (latest version), Other Hardware: PreSonus TubePre, PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5

by josephmeyer on Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:23 pm
I'm 30+ hours now without a fix on my 192. In a panic, I ordered a new one and had it delivered - I can't afford to lose any more time on my projects. This is NOT what I had hoped for, and I can't pass my expenses on to my client. This is a pretty big boo-boo.

by jesusrivera2 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:50 pm
josephmeyer wroteI'm 30+ hours now without a fix on my 192. In a panic, I ordered a new one and had it delivered - I can't afford to lose any more time on my projects. This is NOT what I had hoped for, and I can't pass my expenses on to my client. This is a pretty big boo-boo.

This is my 5th day and i think is not going to be a fix soon, the support tech is really slow and they don't know anything about this problem, only basic stuff.

by josephmeyer on Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:48 am
Anyone make any headway with their support tickets ?

I had to buy a second 192 and swap units so I could get back to work, but this is crazy !

by jesusrivera2 on Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:04 am
it is almost a week and nothing is solve i think they don't know how to solve this problem,
they think the unit is faulty, but i think they need to find a solution to not have this same issue in the future.
I just talked to support tech and i want them to address this issue or talk into this forum about solving this issue.

I love my 192 unit and i want this issue fix soon. :?

by ShaneStudios on Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:41 am
jesusrivera2 wroteit is almost a week and nothing is solve i think they don't know how to solve this problem,
they think the unit is faulty, but i think they need to find a solution to not have this same issue in the future.
I just talked to support tech and i want them to address this issue or talk into this forum about solving this issue.

I love my 192 unit and i want this issue fix soon. :?

I agree! They have been just telling me to uninstall and reinstall, with no results. It's clear that their firmware is the issue here. They need a better way to deliver firmware updates, or give the option to roll back.
by prock on Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:42 pm
If anyone gets this fixed please report your good fortune here. :)

Today is my 3rd day spending several hours deleting, installing, sending screenshots, system files, etc. Nothing yet has worked.

Regards 8-)

PRock Studio

by sherofiguess on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:29 am
Same thing here! Been back and forth with tech support for a week! Anyone have any luck?
by christiannovak on Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:07 am
I'm in contact with the support now, but they are very slowly and they give workarounds like a new install etc. . But the problem is the firmware I think.

I hope they can fix the problem but the support don't know any help...

Sry for my bad english.
by christopherdamerst on Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:29 am
Same issue for me too. I installed the latest firmware rebooting my system and it worked. I even did some mixing and messed around with the UC settings like turning off phantom power on some channels. Came back the next day and the Studio 192 power button is just solid red only.

I did submit a support ticket about four days ago. Ever since the initial response support it been crickets.

I'm on a Windows 10 machine with the latest updates using USB3.

I hope they figure this out, I would hate to have to e-waste the device.
by jesusrivera2 on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:22 pm
it is being a week and my 192 unit does not work at all.
i think is the unit, not the computer.
the unit is broken and they need a fix for that issue.
Forcing the firmware update won't work, you get a 2010 code error.
I hope they fix this problem fast is being a week and i have some project to do.
buying a Presonus quantum is not an option, I don't want to spend more money in a unit that could have the same problems. :rtfm2:

57 postsPage 1 of 3
1, 2, 3