2 posts
Page 1 of 1
I primarily use studio one v4 for music transcribing. Below is my common workflow.
- Load audio file to Studio One
- Tempo map it so the project click is aligned properly with audio file
- Add LH and RH tracks for piano. Allows me to mute LH or RH and work on them separately
- Create loops and change tempo to desired speed
- Transcribe what I hear into MIDI track

All this works nice and does what I expect it to except for one thing, which I think could be a bug or a feature of the program that I would like changed. Let say I am inside a loop I created and its looping one bar of the song. All good, I put down some notes, at a slower tempo then I like to increase the tempo to normal and make sure it sounds good. When once I change the tempo of the project, the playback place goes somewhere else and I am not back on min 1 of the song even though my look is on minute 4. No major, I move it by hand to near or inside the loop and play the loop a few times again. Extend the loop to keep working on it, then change tempo and back to minute 1. Is as if I had a marker on that section and always went to the same section when I change the tempo. I do not have any markers on that section that I can visually see. I have restarted the program and laptop a few times with no solution.

Has anyone experienced this? Anyone has any solutions?
by scottyo7 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:58 am
Check what your setting are for:
Tempo... which can be "Timestretch", "Follow" or "Don't Follow".
You'll have to open the "Inspector" (F4) to view these.

For more in-depth info on what they do, search for them in the Studio One Reference Manual (Alt F1) and the tutorial on YouTube.

If you haven't already done so...
Please add your Signature & Gear Spec's located in your profile
Here.
ASUS G75VX, i7 3820QM; 16GB; 2 Samsung 840 SSD's; NVIDIA GTX 670MX; Win 8.1.
S1 Pro v4.1.4; EZD2 2.1.7. Behringer UMC404HD USB A/I.
Synths: Alchemy, Air Tech Music Suite. Melodyne Studio 4.2. Ozone 5, (all 64bit).
Akai MPK249. Six guitars. 2 Line 6 POD's & an E-bow.
Rode NT1; Shure SM58. Faderport; KRK Rokit 8's; Dual 28" Monitors.

My Band: "2GUYZINABASEMENT"
Just Me

2 posts
Page 1 of 1