6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Is there a way for SO4 to detect notes/chords played via an external midi keyboard ?

Here's my workflow:
I have the chord structure of my song map out in the chord track, follow is turned on. I want to find alternate/better chord voicing for the second verse by playing them via my external keyboard and it would be great to see what chord I'm playing WITHOUT changing the chord track or having to record it and use the Detect Chord function.

Thanks
by jpettit on Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:36 pm
The chord selector should do that for you if your set midi input on.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by anhtuvu on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:44 am
I already tried the chord selector with input on, it will show you the chord you play BUT it will also change the existing chord to the one you played and this will cause all tracks that have Follow on to change...not what i'm looking for...
by snb1 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:49 am
Just use a dummy chord clip to play on just to see the chords in the chord selector, delete it when you are not using it.

Studio One Pro 6.5.1 64 bit, macOS Monterey 12.6, 14" MacBook Pro M1 (2021),16gb ram, 512 SSD, 8-core CPU

SkipNo Beet
by jpettit on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:41 am
Yes thiat is the way to audition chords or use a loop until they add an audition chord feature.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by sirmonkey on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:24 pm
There is a seriously great plugin called "Scaler" that I think you would love. It is a paid plugin, but worth every penny in my honest opinion. This plugin will do exactly what you want, and much more.
Here's a video that shows what I mean:
phpBB [video]

I picked it up on sale when it was first rolled out, but who knows when and if it will go on sale again.
* There are now a few other plugins that do pretty much the same thing, but Scaler is the one I chose, and I absolutely love it!

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1