7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Updated to include the new Series III consoles and Studio One 6!

This is Version 2 of the unofficial guide to Series III Monitoring in DAW Mode (using TRS connections) created by Trucky Krueger, Jeff Pettit and Jim Saad. A version of this content (using XLR connections) was officially added to the Studio One Integration and Quick Start for StudioLive Mixers Reference Manual, however, many studios and headphone amplifiers are TRS based and this gives a full detailed version of how to set up with three different monitoring approaches.

Attachments
StudioLive Series III - Studio One Monitoring (TRS Addendum) V2.pdf
(1.52 MiB) Downloaded 1903 times
by thomashuntington1 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:08 pm
Thanks so much for the file! A lot to digest and I'm grateful someone took the time and effort to write it down. I'm sure this design gives you the absolute most freedom of ways to put it all together, but man that's a lot of steps . Maybe I wanted less freedom and didn't realize it till now.....

Instead of DAW mode, how about DUH mode? Push a button and everything goes to absolutely as basic as it can get.......

Thanks,

Thom Huntington
by robertsteen on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:21 am
Thanks for answering my request. Will give this a try, hopefully I can stumble thru it.

Best regards,

Robert Steen
by rokko101 on Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:56 pm
Hello and thanks in advance for your time and help.

I like and quite understand the whole setup for option 3 cue mixes with Studio One.

Coming from a Studio 192 interface my main concern is how to match live channels (Zero Latency-No 3rd party plugins) with playback channels.

With a Studio 192 pan, fader, fat channels and cue mixes are transparently controlled by Studio One so that ZL latency hardware inputs always match playback channels.

From what I understand that's not the case with StudioLive III mixers. So for example, if I set mixer's channel faders, pan positions and cue mixes and record those channels in Studio One, then I'd need to replicate all those channel settings in software in order to obtain the same mix(es). That basically corresponds to work on two separate layers, one for live tracks on the mixer and one for recorded tracks (except for fat channel settings, 48V and gain settings which are always linked) on software.

If I'm not wrong the solution presented in the video is subject to USB buffer latency which may or not defeat the whole advantage of using a hardware mixer in the first place.

I'd be great if Studio One could control StudioLive III hardware ala Studio 192 in which Studio One actually bypasses UC and takes complete hardware control.

MacOS 12.6, Mac Pro 2012 Xeon 3.06Ghz 24Gb RAM, Mac Mini 2012 i7, Studio One v.6 , Presonus Studio 192, AudioBox iOne.
by jameswhitescarver on Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:27 am
Very much interested in any discussion that concerns the complete integration of Presonus hardware and software.
Sounds like a "mirror mode" could accomplish the synchronization of Studio 1 and Series III. In such a mode, all changes made in either domain are reflected in the other. A total sync. I forsee some problems with this, and it might be better to have a filter menu to choose which parameters are sync'd.

One easy way to do this now, is to use Capture software. I often start a full-band recording in Capture, and mix as if using an analog desk. I'd spend more time mixing it in that environment, but unfortunately the aux FX don't migrate to Studio 1, only the channel (Fat channel) processing.

I'm praying that they'll soon complete the integration by making plugins that match the reverbs and delays in the Series III.
by lukemanson on Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:16 pm
I have a Studio live 16R and im having trouble setting up a IEM mix with click tracks , can anyone help?
by richardrupert on Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:35 pm
I wish you could check the cue mixes through the main monitors when plugged in to the "Main Out" on the mixer. When plugged in to the "Monitor Out", the master fader is disabled.

Richard
Recording gear specs: i7 3.0 Ghz, 16 GB Ram, Windows 10, StudioLive 32 Series III, Studio One Pro 5.1

7 posts
Page 1 of 1