25 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
Dear Notion Community and Notion Developers !

I am very pleased to annonce that I integrated the Cinematic Studio Strings and Cinematic Studio Solo Strings into Notion ! And I should say that it translates (almost) very well with the notated symbols of the score !

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I made a tutorial video to explain how it works (but please read also this post because I will say some things that I forgot to mention on the following video) :

phpBB [video]

The presets can be downloaded below :
CSS Presets for Notion by Matthieu Dulong.zip
(17.46 MiB) Downloaded 1625 times

The "Cinematic Studio Strings" folder has to be placed :
- on mac : /Users/<user>/Documents/Notion/Presets (you will need to create this folder if it does not already exist)
- on pc : C:\Users\<users>\Documents\Notion\Presets(you will need to create this folder if it does not already exist)

For further information, I copy here the link that explains that in more detail :
https://github.com/notionmusic/presets

Edit (15/08/2018) :
- the Sforzato articulation is also implemented (I forgot to show this aspect in my video), just type ['+sfz"] or [>] on your keyboard on a note that has no articulation and it should play the Sforzato patch in Cinematic Studio Strings ;
- the symbol of accent for the mezzo-staccato articulation is "accent with tenuto" in the palette or just type the shortcut [55] on your keyboard.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

There will be no need to record extra MIDI CC data or doing many adjustments to work with the vast majority of the aspects of these libraries. In fact, except for two or three minor things that need to be adjusted from time to time, it works fine :).

I made two videos that already show some convincing results. Some of these tests were made a few months ago, and not all the aspects have been integrated at this time (like automatic legato, accents), (the ease of use is much better now !) :

- The last test with Cinematic Studio Strings and Strezov Sampling Freyja on a well known soundtrack (raw sounds, no reverb)!
phpBB [video]

- Other tests carried out during the last months:
phpBB [video]

I am also very happy because I found a way to work with the main difficulty of this library with Notion : the different delays between the articulations. And I found a solution without doing extra things in the score !
Of course it comes with a few limitations, the main one is that it plays with a latency of 250 milliseconds, but it should'nt be a big problem (and if you are making film music there are solutions for that too, I am a film composer and it doesn’t bothers me), unless you want to record things live (but continue to read, there is a solution for that too !).
If you have other VSTs (than Cinematic Studio Strings & Solo Strings) in your composition, you may want to apply a 250ms delay to those other VSTs (like the Voxengo Sound Delay - a free plugin).

Recently I found a way to integrate the rebowing technique (which occurs when you play the same note twice and you hold the sustain pedal).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here is a list of the things that I (almost) successfully integrated :

- legato (this is the articulation by default). The limitation to this technique is that it’s the medium legato exclusively (for delay reasons) and it is not polyphonic (but you can write divisi lines by adding a second preset of that section ; there is even a way to integrate this as « voice 2 » so you can write the divisi lines on the same staff. I show you that in my video tutorial) ;
- all the short articulations : spiccato, staccato, staccatissimo, sforzato, pizzicato, bartok pizzicato, col legno
- tremolos
- trills (due to the way the sound library works with trills, for now you have to indicate the 2 notes on the score - which is not the way it should be notated on the score, but someone seems to have found a workaround, via the KSP script, which I will be looking in the next weeks to find maybe a better solution than the current one) ;
- harmonics ;
- measured tremolos (but to avoid conflict with the other tremolos, the note head is diamond. It’s not how it should be notated, but I haven’t found a better solution yet) ;
- molto vibrato/non-vibrato.

Here is a list of the things that may be improved/solved in future updates (once I understand how to improve these things) :

- con sord (it may work now for the legato patches, but it does not fully convinces me) ;
- the marcato articulation (with and without staccato overlay) ;
- possibly applying accents to others articulations (tremolo, trills, marcato, …).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here is some of the things to know when you will use these presets :

- I had to find an ideal way to deal with the huge delay of these libraries and the different delays between the articulations. The result of my work is that everything plays without having to manually adjust the length of the notes, unless you are in the following case :
iif you at the beginning of a legato/harmonic/tremolo (regular)/trill technic, in sequencer mode you have to drag the first note a little to the right. Here is the explanation : The delay that comes with these sound libraries applies when a transition between two notes is made (which occurs with the techniques I mentioned above) but the first note is not delayed, so if you want your melody to not have that first note longer than the others, you have to manually delay the beginning of the note slightly to the right. Again, I will explain that in detail with my video. It sounds complicated, but in fact it's very simple and it's not really a problem when you regularly use Cinematic Studio Strings with Notion (trust me, I've been doing it for 6 months!).

For the shorts, there is no problem at all.

- I suggest you to use A LOT the (somewhat hidden) feature that consists of writing a nuance in the score and adjusting it to your liking (for more detail please have a look at my tutorial video, I show how it works, and it works for ALL the VSTs, not just Cinematic Studio Strings). For example : you wrote f (forte) in the score for the violins I but it’s too loud, so you write mf (mezzo-forte) and now it’s too quiet. What you need to do is to write mf+0.5 (or mf+0.3 ; mf+0.7, …) : on the score it will be shown « mf » but your MIDI mockup will sound with the volume that you want for your first violins ! And if you do not want that dynamic marker to be displayed at all on the score, just right click on it and make it hidden. Again I will explain that in more detail in my video tutorial.

- Due to the latency (250 ms), it is very hard to record live. What I do if I really want to play live is to record it on a piano staff (which is not delayed), and copy / paste it on the staff I want! Or you can just enter the notes with the mouse or with the « Step Time MIDI Record » button (cmd + E on mac).

- For film composers, I agree that this delay could on first sight be an issue, but there is always workarounds. And for that, we can use the legendary method : use sometimes irregular time signatures to make our music right in time with the check points of the film (but this is the case with or without delay) !

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I will also make presets for the three upcoming libraries from Alex Wallbank (Cinematic Studio Brass, Cinematic Studio Woodwinds and Cinematic Studio Percussion) as they become available.
I have also made some presets for Strezov Sampling Freyja, Wotan and Hans Zimmer Percussion this summer and I'll make them available in September if I'm not too busy since :)
And I will not stay here, in fact, I'll do more and more presets now that we can save them.
So… stay tuned if you are interested ;)

Notion is really a fabulous software in terms of speed of notation and a jewel in terms of integration of sound libraries and it can do much more than we think! In fact, I have been using this software since 2010 and for me, it has proven that it can compete with the giants Cubase, Logic, Ableton in terms of MIDI mockups.

I hope you are as enthusiastic about this software as I am, and I hope that the sleepless nights I have done and my hard work over the past few months to make these presets will benefit you.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Dulong

(and sorry… again… for my english, I am french and do my best to translate what I have in mind to english words !)
Last edited by matthieudulong on Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 8 times in total.

by michaelmyers1 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:14 pm
Bravo, Mathieu, c'est bon! I have a ruleset for Cinematic Studio Strings as well, will be interested in comparing it with yours.

Looking forward to it!

iMac (Retina 5K 27", 2019) 3.6 ghz I9 8-core 64 gb RAM Fusion Drive
with small AOC monitor for additional display
macOS Ventura 13.4
2 - 500 gb + 2 - 1 tb external SSD for sample libraries
M Audio AirHub audio interface
Nektar Panorama P1 control surface
Nektar Impact 49-key MIDI keyboard
Focal CMS40 near-field monitors
JBL LSR310S subwoofer
Notion 6 + Studio One 5 Pro

http://www.tensivity.com
by matthieudulong on Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:15 am
Thank you Michael !

I will make these presets available as soon as possible, maybe before the end of this week !
I'm going to start doing the video tutorial today and will post the video on Youtube and the presets here at the same time.

Don’t hesitate to see the two videos I made to have an overview of the possibilities of my presets ;)

I am curious about your presets too ! These are the most difficult presets I've done by far, but I'm now very happy that it works well with Notion.

Kind regards,

Matthieu Dulong

by matthieudulong on Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:03 am
15/08/2018 : The video tutorial is now online, the presets are coming soon !

phpBB [video]
Last edited by matthieudulong on Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by michaelmyers1 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:32 pm
Very good Matthieu. Very helpful video. Your English is very good, by the way. I'm ashamed that I can only speak one language!

I haven't created presets, but only a draft of a ruleset for CSS. It seems that yours is more complete than mine was. I've posted work recorded with them previously in the forum:

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=167&t=30921

macOS Ventura 13.4
JBL LSR310S subwoofer

by matthieudulong on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:06 am
Thanks again Michael for the encouragement!

Congratulations to you too (I know how difficult making presets for this sound library can be !).

My approach for making presets is:
1) Be able to produce audio mockups as realistic as with a sequencer (Cubase, Logic, Ableton, ...) with Notion (and it’s possible !) ;
2) Make sure that Cinematic Studio Strings' different playing techniques are as close as possible to traditional notation on score ;
3) Doing as little « computer programming » as possible (for example: without the need to use extra sequencer staves to record MIDI CC) to focus almost exclusively on the composition side and musical creation.

My presets are now available (see the first post) and I will certainly update these presets over the next few months because I use them every day and I regularly discover new things.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Important elements that can be further improved are:

- activate bow changes automatically as soon as a note is followed by the same in legato mode (which is the default game mode when there is no articulation or game technique specified). For the moment, in order to apply this technique, it is necessary to inscribe on the score piano pedal indications (which are then masked);

- find a better notation system for trills, the ideal would be that they correspond exactly to the traditional notation of trills on a score;

- integrate the function "con sordino" in a perfectly functional way (I tried, it should be possible but it is not obvious with the way I made the presets);

- I will certainly do an update for the Cinematic Studio Strings marcato patches in the coming months.

[P.S. If anyone wants to help me improve these presets, do not hesitate to contact me in private message !]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Good composition to all!

- Matthieu Dulong

by samuelarnone on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:43 am
Super ! Un grand merci Matthieu ! Je vais les essayer ! ! ! ;-)

by Marcato on Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:18 am
Well done, Matthieu! Je suis comblé!

Your timing is perfect! Exactly like the US Cavalry used to save the day in the last minute of the last reel of old Western movies and rescue John Wayne :-) Phew!

I found your message as I was wondering if I should acquire Cinematic Studio and why not maybe. But now I know the answer is going to be a resounding yes. . .

Like many of us in this forum. I can certainly benefit from your pioneering work and avoid having to reinvent a wheel that is already rolling.

Matthieu (and Michael, as well) I'll keep you posted on my own efforts when I can put all of this together.

See you soon!
by michaelmyers1 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:59 pm
Matthieu, I finally had a chance to test out your ruleset for CSS strings. Excellent work, but I had a few comments.

I'm curious as to why you don't differentiate legato as defined by notes under slurs? It appears that your ruleset treats every sustain note as legato and changes their duration to 103% regardless of whether they are under a slur or not. The result when I tested your ruleset is that it sounds like the orchestra has had too much wine.

One of the basics of the ruleset I developed (attached for your reference) is that legatos are used only if a slur is encountered, and the legato notes are extended by duration only in that case. I think your rulesets might benefit from this addition.

Also, when I developed my rules, I had to set up a ruleset specifically for the Basses, since the keyswitches moved an octave for those.

Just a couple of friendly suggestions, and wondering if you had other ways of dealing with these that I didn't realize.

*Edit: I updated the rules attachments, to adjust for the volume difference in legato notes.

Attachments
Cinematic Strings.prules
(3.23 KiB) Downloaded 475 times
Cinematic Studio Strings Basses.prules
(2.97 KiB) Downloaded 478 times

macOS Ventura 13.4
JBL LSR310S subwoofer

by matthieudulong on Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:52 am
Hello Michael and thank you for your feedback!

I just tried your rules, and thank you for your suggestions!

I understand the problem with legato : in reality a musician alternates between "legato" and « détaché » (partly because he has not an infinite bow! and I know it well : I am a cellist myself :) )
Actually Cinematic Studio Strings does not have a « détaché » technique (also called « bowed legato » by other sound libraries). From there it seems to me that there are two solutions:
- Either we put the « legato » by default (personally I think it sounds more realistic like that, and we are closer to the realism of the musical demos of the CinematicStudioSeries website), but in this case at the audition there is actually no difference between the « détaché » passages and « legato » passages (but my musicians are not alcoholic, I swear;))
- Or we "fabricate" a « détaché » by actually not changing the duration of the notes to prevent legato transition when we are not under slur. But for my taste this solution sounds more "artificial", more "software" (but I imagine that it is a question of personal taste;))

As a Cubase user (and by watching the Alex Wallbank tutorials on Youtube), I found the legato technique to be used regularly for melodic lines in a sequencer, and sustain (with legato off) to be used more for chords than for melodic lines.

For the bass, with my version of Cinematic Studio Strings the keyswitches are at the same level as the other instruments and I did not have to transpose an octave below. But thank you for making a special version for double basses in case other people are in the same situation as you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here are some other elements that I have identified in your rules and (if you allow) here are my remarks and suggestions:

- in your rules the volume is controlled with CC7 (= volume fader on a mixing console) while the "natural" nuances are controlled with CC1 (fade between the different recorded samples pp / mf / f / ff) in Cinematic Studio Strings
- moreover, there is no compensation of delay between the articulations and the legato alternates freely between slow / medium and fast according to the nuances (because with Notion the velocity is related to the nuances and Cinematic Studio Strings regulates the speed of legato transitions depending on the velocity) so it may cause synchronization problems with other instruments on the score (which will give the impression that they do not play "in rhythm"). Indeed, if the passage is piano / pianissimo on Notion (so it triggers low velocity values unless we change them in the sequencer overlay), Cinematic Studio Strings triggers the "slow legato" with a delay of 330 milliseconds; on the other hand if a passage is fortissimo, Cinematic Studio Strings will trigger "fast legato" mode with a delay of 125 milliseconds. In my rules I trigger the « medium » legato all the time (250 milliseconds of delay) in order to synchronize the other techniques (staccato, pizzicato, col legno, ... - which already have 60 milliseconds of delay each) and my other VSTi presets (Strezov Freyja & Wotan, Spitfire, Embertone, ImpactSoundWorks, ...) on this delay and make sure that everyone plays in time on the beat. This is quite difficult to explain, but in reality it works well. I intend to do several tutorials in the coming weeks to show how it works and how I compose with these presets.
- According to an email answer from the Cinematic Studio Team to me, the Cinematic Studio Strings sound bank is already naturally balanced (all the playing techniques were recorded without changing the volume ratios, that is to say that the techniques col legno, pizzicato or harmonic actually sound less strong as the sforzato technique for example), so for me there is no need to include volume changes for the different playing styles.
Nota Bene: It is normal that the staccatos are stronger than the legato in fortissimo: the game is more aggressive and has more force than "legato" (cellist's words :)).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I hope you will not take my remarks wrong. These are not criticisms, but simply my point of view and my way of managing Cinematic Studio Strings with Notion.
But I'm delighted to be able to explain it in more detail (even if it's not the best solution for everyone) and that it lets me clarify some aspects that may seem strange (like this « legato by default » story :)) .

Do not hesitate to give me other feedback, your point of view and your advice.
Indeed, all I want is that my work can be used for everyone and allows everyone to then customize the presets as he wishes; and also I think it's very important to show everyone that Notion is as capable as Cubase or Logic X or Pro Tools / Ableton for making ultra-realistic audio mockups, which sadly too few people seem to notice.

I wish you all a great day / evening,

Matthieu Dulong

@Marcato and @samuelarnone : I will be glad to have your feedback and to know if it works for you !

by matthieudulong on Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:25 am
Hello everybody !

I'm in the final stages of composing music for a dance show, and I take the opportunity to make a screenshot of a draft piece for this show, made with the Notion 6 software and the Cinematic Studio Strings and Cinematic Studio Solo Strings presets I created for Notion.

Here's the video, to give you another example of how it sounds on Notion:
phpBB [video]

Sincerely, :D

Matthieu Dulong

by robertodicorato on Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:04 am
Thanks for sharing Mathieu, looking forward to Alex upcoming libraries. I really love them, IMO their strings are among the best libs out there.

Best,
Roberto 🇮🇹

iMac Pro 27", Focusrite Scarlett Solo, OS X Catalina, Logic Pro, Finale, Notion, VSL, Sonokinetic, LASS etc. 1 mate (Ines), two cats (Oliva and Spritz)
by christianrochetta on Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:35 pm
Bravo.
Super travail et merci de partager cela...
Je vais essayer d'intégrer vos presets.
by matthieudulong on Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:40 am
Super !
Je suis heureux que cela intéresse des personnes !
N'hésitez pas si vous avez des questions/interrogations !

Je vais certainement poster une mise à jour de ces presets prochainement car je suis en train d'intégrer les modes de jeu en marcato, et j'ai peut-être trouvé le moyen d'afficher les trilles correctement sur la partition.

Par ailleurs, je suis en train de finaliser une première version de presets pour les sons de choeur Freyja et Wotan, pour ceux que cela intéresse.

À bientôt !

P.S. Cinematic Studio Brass arrive prochainement... Et je compte bien intégrer ces sons dans Notion !

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Great !
I am very happy that some people are interested in my presets !
Do not hesitate if you have questions !

I will probably post an update of these presets soon because I am integrating the marcato patch, and I may have found a way to display the trills correctly on the score.

In addition, I am finalizing a first version of presets for the sounds Freyja and Wotan, for those who are interested.

See you soon !

By the way : The Cinematic Studio Brass library is coming soon ... And I will integrate these sounds in Notion !

- Matthieu Dulong

by christianrochetta on Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:09 am
Bonjour et merci encore pour vos apports et vos partages.

En décompactant le fichier Zip, je n’ai pas trouvé dans le dossier pour OSX exactement les mêmes fichiers que ceux figurant dans le dossier Window : Dans le dossier instruments par exemple il y a qu’un seul fichier Notion : « Violins 1 »

J’ai copié et donc utilisé les autres fichiers instrumentaux Notion que j’ai trouvés dans le dossier Window.
Je suppose que c’est la marche à suivre car ce sont des fichiers Notion donc commun sans doute au deux OS.

D’autre part le fichier readme est illisible ou ésotérique… Donc je me suis rabattu sur celui du dossier Window

J’ai suivi ensuite les conseils de la vidéo et vos écrits sur le forum pour mettre en place ces presets.

Je n’ai pas réussi à obtenir l’environnement que vous avez … Les librairies cinématic studio n’apparaissent pas. J’ai tenté en vain plusieurs options pour l’emplacement des presets (dont bien sûr celles que vous décrivez).

Il doit y avoir quelque chose que je n’ai pas compris. Ceci dit je travaille beaucoup sur Logic Pro X et très peu souvent sur Notion 6 que je ne connais donc pas si bien que cela. Je vais donc approfondir ma connaissance du Logiciel et l’intégration des banques instrumentales tierces

Votre vidéo et vos presets pour Cinematic Studio me donne très envie d’aller plus avant avec Notion.

Hello and thank you again for your contributions and your sharing.

Unpacking the Zip file, I did not find in the folder for OSX exactly the same files as those in the Window folder: In the instruments folder for example there is only one file Notion: "Violins 1"

I copied and used the other Notion instrumental files I found in the Window folder.
I guess that's the way to go because they are notion files so common probably to both OS.

On the other hand the readme file is illegible or esoteric ... So I fell back on that of the folder Window

I then followed the advice of the video and your writings on the forum to set up these presets.

I have not managed to get the environment you have ... The studio cinematic libraries do not appear. I tried in vain several options for the location of the presets (which of course those you describe).

There must be something I did not understand. That said I work a lot on Logic Pro X and very often on Notion 6 that I do not know so well that that. So I will deepen my knowledge of the Software and the integration of third-party instrumental banks

Your video and your presets for Cinematic Studio makes me very eager to go further with Notion.
by ericgriffin1 on Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:05 am
matthieudulong wroteSuper !
Je suis heureux que cela intéresse des personnes !
N'hésitez pas si vous avez des questions/interrogations !

Je vais certainement poster une mise à jour de ces presets prochainement car je suis en train d'intégrer les modes de jeu en marcato, et j'ai peut-être trouvé le moyen d'afficher les trilles correctement sur la partition.

Par ailleurs, je suis en train de finaliser une première version de presets pour les sons de choeur Freyja et Wotan, pour ceux que cela intéresse.

À bientôt !

P.S. Cinematic Studio Brass arrive prochainement... Et je compte bien intégrer ces sons dans Notion !

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Great !
I am very happy that some people are interested in my presets !
Do not hesitate if you have questions !

I will probably post an update of these presets soon because I am integrating the marcato patch, and I may have found a way to display the trills correctly on the score.

In addition, I am finalizing a first version of presets for the sounds Freyja and Wotan, for those who are interested.

See you soon !

By the way : The Cinematic Studio Brass library is coming soon ... And I will integrate these sounds in Notion !

- Matthieu Dulong

Matthieu, you are changing my life! This has been a dream of mine also. To NEVER have to edit in MIDI again.

AND YES, I am absolutely interested in Cinematic Studio Brass and Freyja and Wotan. You have also put CSSS on my list of purchases now. Looking forward to Hans Zimmer Percussion also.

Warm Regards

Eric
by matthieudulong on Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:08 pm
@christianrochetta

Bonjour Christian,

Malheureusement je ne puis vous dire exactement d’où viennent les problèmes rencontrés lors du téléchargement pour vous. J’espère que vous avez réussi a tout récupérer en fin de compte (peut-être en essayant avec un autre ordinateur ?).
Petite précision sans doute inutile, mais il faut bien évidemment posséder les banques de son Cinematic Studio Strings (& Solo Strings éventuellement) pour que ces préréglages soient utiles !
Réussissez-vous à charger Cinematic Studio Strings dans Kontakt sur Logic sans problème ?

Hello Christian,

Unfortunately I can not tell you exactly where the problems encountered during the download for you come from. I hope you have managed to recover everything in the end (maybe trying with another computer?).
Small precision probably useless, but you must of course have the Cinematic Studio Strings (& Solo Strings eventually) sound libraries, otherwise these presets will be useless !
Do you manage to load Cinematic Studio Strings in Kontakt on Logic without any problem?

- - - - - - - - - - -

@Ericgriffin1

You’re welcome Eric, I am very happy that other people seems to have the same dream as mine, wich is to be able to compose music with a notation software and having it playback with a high sound quality without (much) need to program everything ! :)

Yes I was a little optimistic when I thought that I will post all my presets during the year 2018, but I will do it as soon as possible.
I just discovered another thing that can improve the integration of Freyja and Wotan. I acquired Cinematic Studio Brass and it sounds terrific but I have one or two things to check before posting a reasonably correct version of my presets (and some templates aswell !).
Hans Zimmer Percussion presets are done and are just fantastic to use with Notion. For now I only have a « custom french version » so I have to translate it into english :)
Here how it sounds, with Cinematic Studio Brass (except the horns a9) and Cinematic Studio Strings :
phpBB [video]

So stay tuned !
Last edited by matthieudulong on Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

by ericgriffin1 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:08 pm
Will do and I hope to do some playing around with Preset development myself.

Eric
by michaelmyers1 on Sat May 25, 2019 1:28 pm
Matthieu, after a long time with my CSS sitting idle, I thought I'd jump back into it on this rainy Saturday. Have you had a chance to update your presets for Kontakt 6 by chance? Also, I seem to be having trouble playing double or triple stops with your presets. Have you had an issue with that?

Thanks, hope all's well with you!

macOS Ventura 13.4
JBL LSR310S subwoofer

by matthieudulong on Sun May 26, 2019 5:23 pm
Hello Michael!

I do not have Kontakt 6 yet, but you can already convert my presets so that they are compatible with this new version :
- open every Notion file I made for the CSS custom rules,
- save each Kontakt Multi (see the video below),
- create another staff with Kontakt 6, load the saved multi
- assign the CSS custom rules to this new Kontakt 6 staff
- put the right key for the instrument (bass clef for the cellos, ...) and rename the staff correctly
- delete the old Kontakt 5 staff
- save this new file at the emplacement of the old one.

video (in French, but that should be understandable): https://youtu.be/k4dkUkpKs3A?t=58

Et voilà !

For the double/triple stops unfortunately actually it is not possible with the version I created for the moment (but you can use my divisi trick on my youtube video tutorial even if it’s not the best way to do this). I have not improved the rules of the Cinematic Studio Strings at this time. Indeed I did not have much time, but I created many other presets for other sound banks for a few months that I will post as soon as possible (Cinematic Studio Brass, Orchestral Tools, Performance Samples, Strezov Sampling, Spitfire Audio, Audio Ollie). I created them during my compositions (made entirely with Notion!) for a video game.

See you soon on the forum!

Matthieu Dulong

25 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2