203 postsPage 9 of 11
1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
No, I don't think that.
They have tested under several Win 7 conditions (NVidia, AVG, ...).and contacted several third parties to fix. AVG has supplied a patch. Nvidia has not.

You have a choice of:
1) Reporting to the third party and waiting for the third party to make a version that works.
2) Migrating to a newer OS.
3) Downgrading the NVidia driver

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by PreAl on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:52 pm
We've got one person working on Nvidia 1070 and one person who isn't. So do the math.

We've also got somebody here saying Presonus can't be bothered to fix it and yet they simply can't be bothered to update their signature with the specs (and be helpful). Nothing like a guessing game (please don't expect us to trawl through the thread finding your specs).

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Dell Inspiron 7591 (2 in 1) 16Gb.
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by PreAl on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 am
Go and apply for a team leader job at Presonus perhaps.

martin14 wrote"refuse to do the slightest bit of proper diagnostics! I don't mean this trial and error, but at least they should go back to their boot process and do some simple code/sub-routine elimination.

What on earth are you talking about? You are certainly no developer. Are you applying to be the next Dr Who?

Because Presonus are REFUSING right? Quote please then.

Intel i9 9900K (Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard), 32GB RAM, EVGA Geforce 1070 (Nvidia drivers).
Studio One Pro 6.x, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, also running it on Mac OS Catalina via dual boot (experimental).
Presonus Quantum 2626, Presonus Studio 26c, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport Classic (1.45), Atom SQ, Atom Pad, Maschine Studio, Octapad SPD-30, Roland A300, a number of hardware synths.
by jpettit on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:15 am
Here are some more details on this situation.
It is still being looked into as a corner case but the best options at this time are:

This is the current state of affairs with what works and what does not work.
viewtopic.php?p=173532#p173532

A second workaround is to decrease the resolution.

Because some versions work and others do not it appear to be an NVIDIA issue.

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 23H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by ionian on Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:43 pm
Definitely a presonus issue. The most recent Nvidia driver worked with 3.5 but doesn't work in 4 so whatever Presonus changed between 3.5 to 4 in the startup routine broke the functionality with the Nvidia driver.

NVidia has nothing to fix. Their driver does what its supposed to and works with the video card. If it borked the video card, then they'd have something to fix. But the issue is clearly with SO4 as SO3.5 works fine with the driver. Therefore the onus is on Presonus to fix whatever it is they changed on the startup routine as it worked before but doesn't now.

I have a GeForce 750 Ti. I had to roll back from the most recent driver to 388.13. This is current as of today, July 23rd as I updated from 3.5 today to 4 and experienced this for the first time.

Also I don't like all that extra garbage so I do a manual install. There's no nvidia experience or driver update checkers running in the background. So those can't be causing any issues.

"For every man who has ever lived, in this Universe there shines a star."
- Arthur C. Clarke
by donaldbaarns on Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:06 am
ionian wroteDefinitely a presonus issue. The most recent Nvidia driver worked with 3.5 but doesn't work in 4 so whatever Presonus changed between 3.5 to 4 in the startup routine broke the functionality with the Nvidia driver.

NVidia has nothing to fix. Their driver does what its supposed to and works with the video card. If it borked the video card, then they'd have something to fix. But the issue is clearly with SO4 as SO3.5 works fine with the driver. Therefore the onus is on Presonus to fix whatever it is they changed on the startup routine as it worked before but doesn't now.

I have a GeForce 750 Ti. I had to roll back from the most recent driver to 388.13. This is current as of today, July 23rd as I updated from 3.5 today to 4 and experienced this for the first time.

Also I don't like all that extra garbage so I do a manual install. There's no nvidia experience or driver update checkers running in the background. So those can't be causing any issues.

Whatever... I'm not sure how you account for the fact that it's working for some people on Win7 with the latest Nvidia driver, and not others.

Or the fact that it's working in Win 10 with the latest Nvidia drivers.

So while I can't say for sure (nobody on the outside can), just because it ran on a previous version of S1, doesn't mean it's a PreSonus issue.

We've all seen specific games not work with certain releases of nearly all video drivers. I read the "Know issues" sections of their release notes. Often it's specific resolutions, or refresh rates, or some other detail, but it seems every release has some game or app that doesn't work IF all the factors come together.

Again: I can't say for sure, but if I were using Win7, I'd be sure I'm also reporting it to Nvidia. Let them point the finger at PreSonus if that's the case. Or just revert.

Your call, over my pay grade to figure out who actually has the issue.

Best either way, and I hope a resolve is found soon.

Don

S1 v6.x Pro - latest version
PreSonus Studio 26, IO 24, Atom
Eris E5s
iZotope RX10 Advanced
Win 11 Pro-32GB RAM-AMD 3900x
AMD 5700XT
Windows 10 Pro-16 GB RAM
MacOS Ventura (13.4) iMac i5 w 8 GB RAM

FB group: Studio One Users-Audiobooks, VO and Podcaster focused:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudioOneNarrationVO/

Studio One and iZotope RX Courses for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.VOJumpstart.com/

Studio One and iZotope RX Videos for Narrators/Podcasters/VO:
https://www.youtube.com/user/RedBaarnsAudio
by PreAl on Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:54 am
^
Yup. It's not an open and shut case.

by tuzemec on Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:11 am
That's what I've got from the support team yesterday:

It is still being worked on by the Studio One Developers for a later Studio One update. Please keep an eye out for bug fixes in Studio One update release notes.

// Win10, RME 802, Faderport 1, AMD Ryzen 9 3950X, ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO, MSI 1070 Gaming X
// Catalina, RME Babyface Pro FS, MBP 15" 2019
by Just After Midnight on Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:51 pm
I am having this issue as well. Rolling back my video driver did not fix it. Disabling my antivirus did not fix it.
by PreAl on Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:03 pm
Just After Midnight wroteI am having this issue as well. Rolling back my video driver did not fix it. Disabling my antivirus did not fix it.

Can you confirm what your specific issue is please.?
Exact version of Studio One?
Operating system?
Have you tried removing, restart and adding back the plugin scan paths.

by Just After Midnight on Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:15 pm
PreAl wrote
Just After Midnight wroteI am having this issue as well. Rolling back my video driver did not fix it. Disabling my antivirus did not fix it.

Can you confirm what your specific issue is please.?
Exact version of Studio One?
Operating system?
Have you tried removing, restart and adding back the plugin scan paths.

The same issue as everyone else - Studio One v4 gets stuck during boot process at "scanning plug-ins"

I'm using windows 7. Have I tried removing, restart and adding back paths? Do you mean the path being specified within the options of s1? If so, then no. S1 won't launch.
by Just After Midnight on Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:49 pm
Just to update - I rolled back my nvidia gfx driver to an even earlier version (387.92) and now s1 v4 will launch. Problem solved. Hopefully Presonus sorts this out soon so we can keep our drivers up to date.
by PreAl on Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:48 am
Just After Midnight wroteJust to update - I rolled back my nvidia gfx driver to an even earlier version (387.92) and now s1 v4 will launch. Problem solved. Hopefully Presonus sorts this out soon so we can keep our drivers up to date.

We can't make the assumption if it's Presonus problem. It's more likely an Nvidia problem with Windows 7 (although we don't know own 100% Further info already on this thread). You may be able to run slightly later drivers if Windows update is fully up to date (run it multiple times). If you want to use the latest drivers update to Win10.

by peludismo on Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:13 pm
Hi. I bought Studio one 4 artist yesterday and I'm having this problem as well. I'm on Windows 7 and my nvidia driver is up to date. I found out that runing Studio one as administrator solves this problem, the only downside is that you can't drag and drop files (I guess it's a security measure runing as administrator).

Check if it works. Hope it gets patched up soon.

Update: Well, it turns out that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I guess I'll try to rollback my nvidia drivers.
by PreAl on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:11 am
peludismo wroteHi. I bought Studio one 4 artist yesterday and I'm having this problem as well. I'm on Windows 7 and my nvidia driver is up to date. I found out that runing Studio one as administrator solves this problem, the only downside is that you can't drag and drop files (I guess it's a security measure runing as administrator).

Check if it works. Hope it gets patched up soon.

Update: Well, it turns out that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I guess I'll try to rollback my nvidia drivers.

If it works for you but would not advise running as as admin all the time. Another thing would be to try and create a new user account and run it under that. More likely to be drivers though as you say

by philipjones4 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:51 pm
This is now happening to me. Hangs on start up at scanning plug-ins. Does this have to do with the fact version 3.5.. is still on my computer? Seems the upgrade did not remove the older version and the older version does function. The new version is strictly 64 bit version and this may have something to do with it freezing at scanning plug-ins. Just my observation
Last edited by philipjones4 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
by PreAl on Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:55 pm
philipjones4 wroteThis is now happening to me. Hangs on start up at scanning vsts

Please read the thread for workaround.

by Just After Midnight on Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:09 am
PreAl wrote
Just After Midnight wroteJust to update - I rolled back my nvidia gfx driver to an even earlier version (387.92) and now s1 v4 will launch. Problem solved. Hopefully Presonus sorts this out soon so we can keep our drivers up to date.

We can't make the assumption if it's Presonus problem. It's more likely an Nvidia problem with Windows 7 (although we don't know own 100% Further info already on this thread). You may be able to run slightly later drivers if Windows update is fully up to date (run it multiple times). If you want to use the latest drivers update to Win10.

Of course we can make the assumption that it's Presonus. It's not even assumption, it's reasonable.

Why would nvidia drivers, which work fine for 3.5 be causing problems for studio one? Why would nvidia drivers be causing problems for S1 and no other programs? If nvidia were at fault, then why wouldn't Presonus indicate that?

When you write software, you write it for the hardware on which it will be used, not the other way around.

The bottom line is that S1 V4 does not work for many people. That is the fault of Presonus and nobody else. It's up to Presonus to get if fixed. It's the responsibility of Presonus, not nvidia. Because you're a fanboy who feels that Presonus can do no wrong doesn't mean that they're not responsible.

Regardless, I got a refund. I went back to Cubase. I've removed my Presonus hardware from my setup which was also experiencing issues that Presonus was unable to troubleshoot.

While rolling back the drivers does work for those of us that have this issue, for me, the old driver was causing problems for other software on that workstation. Presonus' inability to provide clarification on this issue or provide reasonable support on other issues which were totally stopping me from working tells me that I can't rely on Presonus any longer.

It's nice to be using a proper DAW again.
by johns7 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:28 pm
I just bought Presonus One 4 this evening. To say I'm extremely disappointed is an understatement. I installed it along with it's downloads, It scanned all plugings and started no problem first time. I shut down my system for a couple then returned to it looking forward to doing some song making. I rebooted but now I can't use Presonus. It keeps freezing at Scanning Plug-ins all the time.

I've waited half an hour whilst it scans the plugins on launching but nothing happens. Task Manger reports the program as stopped responding. I've tried running as Admin, disabling my anti-virus and also setting the programs priority to high, just to see if that made a difference. Nothing!

Can you fix this please Presonus?

Windows 7 x64.. Fully patched
Nvidia GTX 1070 Latest drivers.. Trying to find drivers 388.71 now for a 1070 GPU..

Shame I've got to downgrade to software a year old due to poor configuration, testing etc.

Presonus Studio One 4, Windows 10 x64 & Win7 x64 Ultimat, Asus X99 Deluxe II, Intel Extreme i7 9600k @ 4Ghz.
32GB RAM, Samsung 970 & 960 Evo SSDs, 5x 3TB Seagates, Nvidia GTX1070, ASUS Xonar D2X.
Line 6 Helix Floor, Sound Devices MixPre-D, Tascam 2x2, Akai MPK Mini mkII, Contour Shuttle Pro.
Beringer Xenyx Premium mixer.
by PreAl on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:25 pm
[quote="Just After Midnight"]Of course we can make the assumption that it's Presonus. It's not even assumption, it's reasonable.

Why would nvidia drivers, which work fine for 3.5 be causing problems for studio one? Why would nvidia drivers be causing problems for S1 and no other programs? If nvidia were at fault, then why wouldn't Presonus indicate that?

When you write software, you write it for the hardware on which it will be used, not the other way around.

./quote]

Lol "it's reasonable to assume". Why would rolling back Nvidia drivers suddenly make it work? Why is this only a Windows 7 problem? Good luck with your reasonable assumptions anyway. I won't make any, I assume we just don't know.

"When you write software, you write it for the hardware on which it will be used, not the other way around."

This statement makes no sense to me whatsoever. What do mean "the other way around"..? I tell you something, when people write software, like it or not, they normally use the latest platforms to do their testing, not operating systems that even MS won't support anymore. That's pretty much standard practice everywhere.

Perhaps Presonus should just say it does not support Windows 7 anymore or at least the Nvidia/Windows 7 combination, and then offer refunds to those who refuse to upgrade their OS.

203 postsPage 9 of 11
1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11