Discuss the new Studio 192 and Studio 192 Mobile here
10 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've had the had the 192 for about a week now and all I can say is it's a wreck. Almost to the point that it's unusable. I've submitted support requests but have yet to hear back. Here are some of my problems so far.

1. Speaker Management barely works and does not work at all when the mixer is turned off.

2. The mixer MUST be turned off to use a 5.1 setup. (nowhere in any documentation does it say this) This is also troubling because there is no way to monitor output level.

3. Main output nob does not control channels despite being in A+B+C mode. Only main Left and Right when mixer is off.

4. I am a Nuendo 7 user. When I send pink noise or anything else through it to all channels my main output right channel is way lower then my left. No clue about the other channels as the mixer has to be off in 5.1 mode.

Has anyone else been having these problems? I'm at the point where I might just return it.
by matthewgorman on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:23 am
PM me your ticket number and I can try to help.

I understand you are trying to hook up 5.1, but what is it exactly you are trying to do?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by wesley on Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:39 pm
I'm sorry for the troubles you're having.

I'd just like to clear up a few points:

The Studio 192 is not a 5.1 management interface. Beyond the A+B+C mode in UC Surface, there is really no further functionality to support this application.

If you are managing 5.1 through your DAW, you could use this configuration to achieve this function, but you have to leave the mixer enabled. You'll also need to make sure your DAW is sending its 5.1 streams through DAW Outputs 1-6.

Speaker Switching and all zero-latency monitoring features are only available within UC Surface if UC Surface is active. The Mixer bypass features disables all UC Surface functionality and makes the Studio 192 a basic I/O device. Basically, you're turning off the DSP "brain" when you disable mixer functions in UC Surface.

If you enable the mixer functionality, you will be able to use the Main Level knob on the front of the device to control outputs A,B, and C.
by benjamincohen on Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:55 pm
What are outputs A, B, and C exactly. two mains and line out 1?
by matthewgorman on Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:24 am
A, B and C are output pairs that can be designated for speaker control. A=Main out L-R. B = Outs 1 and 2, and C = outs 3 and 4.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
Dear Presonus,
I just receive my new studio 192 for my pre mix 5.1 room for my company. (equipped with personus 5xe66 speaker+ 1 Sub 10)
I have also focusrite saffire in my ADR Room, that support very well the 5.1 monitoring with the software saffire control.
I use a RME Card in my main mixing room with 5 presonus Spectre 8 for 5.1 monitoring.
As you can see I love presonus. UNTIL Today.
As the first comment of this forums, it s look like your universal control software doesn't manage at all 5.1 surround monitoring. We have to bypass the mixer to be able to use at least the audio card as a transparent output with pro tools 10 complete toolkit. (That is a 5.1 surround Daw).
Do you plan in a near future to update the universal control software for manage 5.1 and 7.1 monitoring. Your competitor focusrite already manage it very well with saffire software.
I choose the 192 studio because I read that we can manage the mixer via iPad (Saffire cannot).
But if I cannot use the mixer as 5.1 management monitoring, your audio card become for me very useless. I will switch sadly to focusrite.
Wish you will send my request to your developer and wish they will release an update soon.
BR
Franck
by studioplanbis on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:33 pm
Hi,
I have a new studio 192 with the last protools 12.
The studio 192 work fine with stereo configuration but i can't map I/O in 5.1 ?
How could i do that ?
Thanks a lot.
by ram3 on Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:45 pm
I bought Presonus 192 studio 6 months ago. Every time I load or edit a song, the Presonus goes out of sync. The message says: can not initialize Presonus 192.

Can anyone help remedy this problem?

I am planning to return the equipment on coming Wednesday as I am very unhappy and frustrated with it.

The predecessor of this equipment worked fine until one day it just died.
by Bbd on Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:55 pm
@ram3

You need to open a support ticket for your issue.
Please do so and let us know how it goes for you.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by brandonperry4 on Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:55 pm
Did anyone get a fix or a work around on this? I am also trying to output 5.1 out of the Studio 192. Tried the mixer bypass and turning the speaker management off. Nothing seems to work. Pro Tools is sending the I/O properly but having a problem getting out of 192 in the correct order. No word back after opening a ticket.

10 posts
Page 1 of 1