11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there,
I'm new to Studio One and would like to know, if there are any "automatic" drums available like in Garageband?
Thank you for your support.
Rgds, Olaf
by Tacman7 on Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:56 am
Never used garageband but I remember organs and arranger keyboards with auto drums.

You should put what version of S1 you're using, there's a lot of ways to set up drums really quickly but not automatic that I know of, depending on what version you have.

Unless you get something like ezdrummer but even then it takes some configuration to get it going.

You should put your specs in your signature.

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

Studio OnePro6 Melodyne Studio
Win10 Ryzen 5 3600 - Motu M2
Ventura Mac Mini M2 - Zen Go TB
by darrenporter1 on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:12 am
ezdrummer mentioned is a popular choice.

My choice is Addictive Drums 2.

Lots of MIDI drum loops available for any of them from the maker of the software and places like Groove Monkee for every genre.

Studio One Professional 5.whatever, Harrison MixBus 32c v.6
i5-8400, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win10 Pro
UA Apollo QUAD, QUAD Satellite, PCIe DUO
FaderPort 8, Softube Console 1, JBL 306P Mk.II Monitors
by bstin on Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:05 pm
I use both Logic and S1, so am well versed in both.

There is nothing exactly as integrated as Drummer for Logic (GarageBand). However, EZ Drummer is really good choice. I use that with S1 often. The thing I like most about EZD is (1) the ability to add custom midi grooves to it, (2) While you can customize a groove in Logic Drummer, I find the controls in EZD more flexibility and transparency (ie. can have a complex / loud HH but a constrained and soft Kick).
by olafstellberger on Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:43 am
Thanks a lot, I will try out EZdrums.
I'm using S1 Artist, which came with my audio interface.

Regards,
Olaf
by Tacman7 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:57 am
I don't know if you can use EZdrummer in Artist without paying for the VST option.

Check out:

https://www.presonus.com/products/Studi ... e-versions

It looks like you get impact, so set that up and artist comes with lots of midi loops, should be pretty easy to search through and find some drums you like.

Then you set up the program how you want to start a song, with drums and instruments and tracks and settings all like you want then save as a template then your drums will be there when you start a new song.

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

by JohnBW on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:35 am
Strike 2 Virtual Drummer, that comes with the AIR instrument bundle, has many patterns and variations that you can trigger with keyswitches.

http://www.airmusictech.com/product/strike-2

I wouldn't buy the standalone Strike version due to the price ($129), but you can get the entire AIR bundle upgrade, including Strike, on sale for $75, https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... E-UPGRADE-
after picking up another AIR instrument for $1 (or if you already own one, such as Xpand!2 or Hybrid), such as the current deal on Vacuum Pro https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... acuum-Pro-

Sorry for the spam, but it is a good deal. And I think this drummer can do what you want.

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by Tacman7 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:26 am
I have strike but never tried it, using Superior 3. Does strike have midi grooves like Toontrack products?

It wouldn't work in OP's software without an upgrade.

Forum Moderator.

by JohnBW on Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:54 am
Tacman7 wroteI have strike but never tried it, using Superior 3. Does strike have midi grooves like Toontrack products?

It wouldn't work in OP's software without an upgrade.

I realize the VST limitation of Artist.

I do not have any Toontrack, but I have watched a few demo videos of EZDrummer, and I like how it can quickly assist you to assemble a drum part to fit your song. :thumbup:

But in response to a question about "automatic drumming", the Strike 2 drummer came immediately to mind. Strike 2 is more of a performance drummer, rather than a tool to assemble grooves in your tracks.

It has a number of included MIDI grooves and variations that you can play automatically from the keyboard, by pressing the associated pattern assignments and keyswitches assigned across the keyboard.

So it can be as simple as you just select a kit, and a style, and then start pressing keys. It then starts playing! You can latch the keys or not, plus you have total control of the kit dynamics, timing, feel, variations, groove, tuning, timbre, as well as a full mixer for the kit pieces. Intensity and complexity can be controlled via the pitch bend and mod wheel.

Strike 2 Explained

https://youtu.be/WM81EudUC5I

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by Tacman7 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:06 pm
Looks interesting!

Have to try that, the first spare time I get.

I used to use mdrummer, haven't installed it lately.

It's a great robot drummer, does a lot of stuff on its own after you get it going.

It also has a free version that is good.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MDrummer

Forum Moderator.

by moondance2009 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:59 am
I’m a LPX & S1 4.5 user.
Drumming is quite a huge issue in S1 presently ( October 2019)
Being a LPX user is useful and even GarageBand has a cut down version...

EZ Drummer also is great for Drumming in a slightly similar way to Logic x Drummer

Drummer has some COOl features as when used with Addictive or Ez `drummer it controls the feel and can even follow a bass line or anything you care to thro at it.

I’ve been using LPX since way back and an occasional spin with S1 demo, NOW since I’ve seen S1 4.5 I’ve been hooked. But only drawback is that S1 REALLY need a Drummer and I’m sure they are working on it as we speak. Ver 4.5 has blown me away with their cool new added updates recently ( chord track) and much more. I’ll be hanging with both for now tho. Logic Pro also has a fantastic loop library. And some cool synths such as Alchemy. Hope this helps

PS. You can drag loops and midi straight out of these drummers mentioned above and right into S1
I bounce the high quality audio to a folder then import them into S1 also, when using. 🎸

Jono Rezzillo

11 posts
Page 1 of 1