34 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
in the past none did (3rd party) in the artist version you had to purchase that ability as an addon for like $10 i think it was. i too never even looked at artist i gave it away after purchasing the audiobox usb. i just remember multitudes asking about it. cheers

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by JohnBW on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:33 am
I think it is stupid for PreSonus to limit VST support for Artist. I downloaded S1 Prime a couple years ago, but never used it because of the VST limitation. I can understand that with a free version, but folks PAID for Artist.

Studio One Pro v5.5.2, Win10 Pro
by tezza on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:11 am
JohnBW wroteI think it is stupid for PreSonus to limit VST support for Artist. I downloaded S1 Prime a couple years ago, but never used it because of the VST limitation. I can understand that with a free version, but folks PAID for Artist.

Complaints about this certainly seems to take a lot of unnecessary time around here and Presonus gets bashed over it on other forums as well. In my view it is the number one reason why Studio One gets bashed by new users using Artist. They would do better to limit track count or number of instruments etc in Artist and let them use their own VST's. And to advertise this clearly so people know what they are buying.

Not supporting 3rd party VST's can jam people up, especially if they are crossing from another DAW where they may already have a large number of 3rd party VST's and might get Artist with a deal, then they want to try out their VST's in Studio One and find they can't. A lot of people who use DAW's don't use the instruments in the DAW and are entirely reliant on 3rd party VST's like Native Instruments, Toontrack or XLN etc, so many now.

I use the professional version of Studio One and use 90% 3rd party VST's and am happy with this, just out of habit really, it's what I've learned to do.

I have never used Artist, but I think about it this way, if I was considering switching to another DAW and I got that DAW in some deal and found it didn't support my VST's, my interest in that DAW would stop right there. I would not be able to use it.

OS: Win 7, 64 bit. MB: ASUS P8Z77-V LE PLUS. CPU: Intel 3.4ghz, i5-3570, LGA1155. RAM: 8g DDR3 1333Mhz. 1 X SSD (OS) 2 X 7200 HDD (Recording/Samples). Steinberg UR44, Nektar Impact LX61. KRK Rokit 4 G3. S1 Pro V3.5.6. NI Komplete Ultimate 10.
by gregghart on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:48 am
Not that what I say is going to change anything, but to me, it would make more sense to not include a small number of the PreSonus plugins such as Impact, MaiTai, etc with Artist and allow 3rd party VSTs or even a limited number of plugins allowed on a single track and the ability to use no more than 8 or even 16 tracks only. And then have Pro include all the PreSonus stuff as well as unlimited everything else.

Win11, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700K (3.60 GHz), 32GB Ram. Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen. Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 Mark 2, Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 Mark 1, Presonus FaderPort 8.

https://www.midiboy.com

https://gregghart.bandcamp.com
by frank.crow on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:13 am
I never get these notifications and my info is all updated?????

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by JohnBW on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:23 am
frank.crow wroteI never get these notifications and my info is all updated?????

It was not a separate notice. It was buried in the regular PreSonus newsletter. Do you receive those?

by scottyo7 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:07 pm
I'm sure PreSonus's VST limitations are meant to drive users to update/upgrade. :roll:
Most all software has some kind of limitation and needs the top level grade to unlock all features.
Very similar to the (limited) free apps and games on your phone. ;)

Especially now a days, we the consumer really have to investigate a product before buying it to ensure it will truly meet our needs.

I have installed "Sparkle" and I was nicely surprised :lol: how it sounds on my system (no plugins) cuz the YouTube demo's didn't enthrall me.

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by JohnBW on Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:34 pm
scottyo7 wroteI'm sure PreSonus's VST limitations are meant to drive users to update/upgrade. :roll:

Exactly! But do PreSonus even know how many potential customers are actually driven away after looking into the details of this clever strategy?

While they are at it, they should unlock the Studio One instruments from the Pro version and allow their use as portable VST plugins for use in other applications.

by Steve Carter on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:32 pm
As I mentioned previously, I didn't get the free promo email and neither do I get the newletters! Others have asked in this thread but to date, as far as I can see, no one has informed us how to recieve these or why we don't recieve them...

A brief heads-up would be appreciated, Regards....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by tezza on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:50 pm
Steve, have you checked your spam folder(s)? I found that initially, I was not getting the emails because for some reason my outlook.com account was marking them as spam and not forwarding them to me. After I fixed that, outlook.com will forward them to me but my thunderbird client still thinks they are spam and puts a red alert on the email. I can read them though.

OS: Win 7, 64 bit. MB: ASUS P8Z77-V LE PLUS. CPU: Intel 3.4ghz, i5-3570, LGA1155. RAM: 8g DDR3 1333Mhz. 1 X SSD (OS) 2 X 7200 HDD (Recording/Samples). Steinberg UR44, Nektar Impact LX61. KRK Rokit 4 G3. S1 Pro V3.5.6. NI Komplete Ultimate 10.
by Steve Carter on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:59 pm
Thanks for responding....
My emails arrive on my iMac, which has a 'Junk' folder that is mostly checked and cleansed daily - nothing arrives regularly from Presonus as far as I can recall but I will check to see if I've filed anything recently without sufficient perusal. Meanwhile....??
Regards...

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by JohnBW on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:12 am
The email sender name is "PreSonus News <[email protected]>", so be sure that name is in your address book. And it may be worth checking in with PreSonus customer support to see if your current email account is subscribed to news.

But be warned, they will spam you monthly if you are! :roll:

by WaterlooSunset on Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:42 am
Mine finally came on the 11th in the late PM long after all the hullabaloo. I was also wondering why i didnt get it.

It has this in the topic

New Loops, Get VG Sparkle for free, the new FaderPort has launched and much more!

Win 10 latest, MSI G41 Z87, I4770K (no OC), 16GB, NVIDIA 710, 2x27" Monitors 1Tb SSD, 500G SSD, 3 platter drives. SYBA Firewire SD-PEX30009, FS Mobile. Monitor2USB, S1 Pro 5 current.
Hobbiest - Mainly Guitars, UVI, Soundtoys, NI, IK, EZ2, SD3, GR5, TH3, Amplitube 4 and 5, Waves GR,
Korg 707, NanoPAD2, MicroKey2. Eris 5, B2031A, 2013 R1200GS-LC.
by tezza on Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:07 am
JohnBW wroteAnd it may be worth checking in with PreSonus customer support to see if your current email account is subscribed to news. But be warned, they will spam you monthly if you are! :roll:

I have to say that of all the companies bombarding me with email (most of which don't last long), Presonus is one where I am totally satisfied with the frequency of newsletters and the content.

Just the right balance of marketing, discounts and freebies! Once a month, always worth a read.

Every now and then, there is a little freebie in there, feels like Christmas!

34 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2